THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Wow, this looks immense. Only thing I would say though, does this not look too 'new' to any of you guys? Don't get me wrong I love it and it looks incredible, but after the Church roof has been ripped off, doesn't it all look a bit to spotless and tidy? I know Thorpe can only make the station look destroyed to a certain extent due to H&S but I do hope the themeing is scolded and burned like the plane fuselage just to make this devastation a bit more realistic.

Thing is though, according to movie world, if a plane crashes, I expect it to blow up and be burnt. If a creature rips a roof of a building, it doesn't automatically set itself on fire. Thorpe's story for The Swarm will allow itself certain rules and considering how beautifully church like that station is (It's genuinely the best station floor I've ever seen), I don't mind if it looks this way.

Random though going back a while, someone mentioned that they wished it was like Raptor with one head and the rest being body. My theory is that there are multiple heads to accommodate The Swarm story. its a trail of monsters swarming around the island, so essentially the train is 7 monsters following each other.

That's what I always thought. 'Swarm' being more than one, I've always thought of it as a swarm of alien insects destroying the planet, kind of like the film 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', where there is that big cloud of insects destroying everything.I wasn't expecting those gates, they look brilliant!

I'd disagree about the floor. Just because there's devastation going on, and an alien race are attacking, it doesn't mean EVERYTHING is going to be damaged. Like one of the outside walls which some people were saying was 'too white'; even if a building's roof has been taken off, it doesn't mean everything has to look ruined. I think the floor adds to surroundings, and will age 'well' and suit the theme all the more. Also, the slight contrast in destruction and odd bit which is 'in tact' will make the destroyed pieces look even worse, if you get what I mean.

Thing is though, according to movie world, if a plane crashes, I expect it to blow up and be burnt. If a creature rips a roof of a building, it doesn't automatically set itself on fire. Thorpe's story for The Swarm will allow itself certain rules and considering how beautifully church like that station is (It's genuinely the best station floor I've ever seen), I don't mind if it looks this way.

Don't get me wrong, this is with out a doubt the best station I have ever seen and I think the theming and floor are both amazing but the first thing that came to mind when I saw this station was that it did look a bit too normal. I agree with Adam and Josh in saying the floor and theming will most likely erode or tire out over time and that will add to this already amazing ride station, but in my opinion it still does look a bit too new. I really can't wait to see the caravan/lorry or whatever it is ride panel, and the entrance theming. I'm sure they will compensate for my critical viewpoints regarding the floor. :(

I am now officially excited for The Swarm now! As you know I really was not that eager, but now I have seen it, in more of its real glory I really do look forward to going on it now, although the station does not thrill me, I expected the station to be dark and less open however; I am yet to experience the overall product!

I am now officially excited for The Swarm now! As you know I really was not that eager, but now I have seen it, in more of its real glory I really do look forward to going on it now, although the station does not thrill me, I expected the station to be dark and less open however; I am yet to experience the overall product!

I don't think the station will get any darker! Unless it's a rainy day!How long do you reckon it's going to take till people starting spitting when they fly over the station? I can almost guarentee that some mug will do it!