The Swarm

JoshC.

I do wonder where it will be, I would imagine it being 5th row, only because its the furthest back that would be comfortable enough for a disabled guest to exit the ride during a lift evac. Presumably if there were a disabled guest on the lift during an evac they would be tended to first! *presumably*

Thorpe Park have now OFFICIALLY confirmed that we shall be seeing a devastated billboard as the brand new near miss for THE SWARM in 2013! Thorpe park are allowing us to think of a slogan for the billboard! The winner will bag themselves 4 VIP tickets to thorpe park!

Taken from Thorpe Park Official facebook page:

FRIDAY COMPETITION!

Ever wanted a say in the theming of our rides? Well now is your chance to come up with a slogan to be graffitied across the twisted metal of our devastated billboard – the brand new near miss for THE SWARM in 2013

We will pick the best entry, and the winner will receive a VIP trip to THORPE PARK for 4 people, plus the chance that your idea may feature on the final billboard design and become a part of THORPE PARK’s history.

Send your entries to tpsocial.media@thorpe-park.co.uk before noon on Wednesday 13th February to be in with a chance of winning, and remember these top tips:

- Slogans should be a short sentence – no longer than 6 words.
- The slogan should fit with the theme of THE SWARM – a swarm of alien creatures that has attacked humanity, causing widespread apocalyptic devastation. In 2013, it has mutated to carry a deadly sting in its tail, making it stronger than ever – and humankind must join the Resistance and fight back. Check out http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/the-swarm.aspx for all the info!
- Check out the T&Cs here before entering! https://www.facebook.com/notes/thorpe-park-official/the-swarm-billboard-slogan-competition-terms-and-conditions/10152553808280092

The billboard was officially confirmed by the park when they released details of it going backwards?

One thing I did notice that confused me:

The visit must be taken between 10th March – 30th April 2013 (inclusive), is not transferable and has no monetary value. The package is only valid on one date and cannot be split across multiple dates.

It says from the 10th March, but the park opens on the 14th no? :S

Do you just give a slogan or do you have to give a complete design for the billboard? Thanks guys! Also do you need to email your info or just tell them it if you win?

The billboard was officially confirmed by the park when they released details of it going backwards?

One thing I did notice that confused me

It says from the 10th March, but the park opens on the 14th no? :S[/size]

My guess is it is just a silly mistake, becuase you cant visit the park on the 10th :P I am so gonna enter this...

The 10th is family and friends day so maybe they're letting the winners go then?

Even if they were doing that, people would think it was pointless to go then because you wouldn't be able to make proper use of your ultimate fastrack ticket. If I win, I will go on a peak day in the Easter holidays open as late as possible with long queues so I can take full advantage of the fastrack tickets :)

How about 'smile your on video'

Also only 5 rows will be able to see the slogan because two are facing backwards! I will feel so amazed if I win as I have never had the opportunity for ultimate fastrack!

Yea you will :P

Well thorpe are doing this competiton, so you may aswell enter and try and win a VIP trip :)

I have had a look on facebook and the suggestions all look rubbish so I feel I have a chance of winning!

P.S I am actually gonna take some time to think of the best slogan because I'm not sure if you can submit more than one slogan??

What happens if someone else posts that aswell and you both win?

These competition is really weird. The terms and conditions don't state if you can have more than one entry etc.

P.S Peaj I'm not sure you should be telling everyone your entry because someone can copy it :P

Sorry, but if he didn't want anyone to copy it, he wouldn't have posted it in the first place! Paej isn't that stupid ;) Secondly, how do you except us to answer your questions! We know as much as you about the competition!

What happens if someone else posts that aswell and you both win?

These competition is really weird. The terms and conditions don't state if you can have more than one entry etc.

P.S Peaj I'm not sure you should be telling everyone your entry because someone can copy it :P

Sorry, but if he didn't want anyone to copy it, he wouldn't have posted it in the first place! Paej isn't that stupid ;) Secondly, how do you except us to answer your questions! We know as much as you about the competition!

Mark your far to kind :blush:

James by all means copy it :P however the way I would see it work if it was copied is that they would pick the person who submitted it first. It's like a school assignment the first person gets the credit and the one's who follow are deemed the copy cats :lol:

personally for me, I've entered as a bit of fun - in fact me and my girlfriend had an hour thinking up a slogan whilst watching friends on comedy central this afternoon - it provided quite a bit of entertainment and some bonding and teamwork between us. Thank you to Thorpe for creating that opportunity, if we win the prize it's a double bonus ^_^ but plenty of fun was had in the thinking up of the slogan :D