2013 Changes

daboywunda

I'll try and find it for you mate ;) it was a couple of weeks back!

My idea for 2013 would be to have an electronically controlled maze(like pirates adventure) instead of saw alive. This would mean they would not have to pay for actors and it would be a great and scary experience. Effects would include water etc. all programmed to the maze. You would be dispatched in groups of about 20 and go through room by room, simple as that really!

An effects based maze? You know what Thorpe are like with effects ;)

But it would be so cool :P

I would love to see one personally thorpe had to shut saw alive down and they can only bring mazes at fright nights.... Even a horror house like hocus pocus hall would do for me(but scarier!) pirates adventure wasn't meant to be scar but I was terrified and I got soaked in the last room! If it could just be like that but horror theme!

One day thorpe...

X refurb is ultimately down to what they want to do. I don't think they will remove x anytime soon however they are likely to refurb it, I think it should be amity themed because it is really in amity cove but they call it in the lost city. I think the pyramid should be taken down and made into a dome with a shark on top. The carriages would be changed into 'spinning ones' and the ride would be called 'amity spinner'

All very unrealistic eh?

Well hold on now: X:\No Way Out clearly is not geographically or even thematically in Amity Cove (it's not really thematically part of Lost City but oh well). It may have recently appeared to be closer to Amity Cove because someone extended it by building a leaky scaffold in front of the pyramid but the ride has always been in Lost City.

I doubt the ride will be re-themed. Thorpe's focus this year is on The Crash Pad and the news they've yet to reveal probably orientates itself around the Crash Pad. Probably some exclusive feature or that some of the rooms are themed to parks areas and whatnot. That said, the park itself has acknowledged the decline of the themed areas so who knows? The X:\No Way Out thing is a definite maybe, hence why Thorpe were so keen to keep it hidden when the first rumours broke out in September/October.

I doubt they would have much money to buy a new ride/rollercoaster(until 2016...) however something like moving veagence would be as costly as giving x a refurb. This is because merlin already own veagence so they wouldn't need to pay another company to buy it. They would only need to pay to theme it and spruce it up. This is why I think veagence( swarm 5d maybe? Or amity 5d? Depending on location swarm island/amity cove-time voyagers) is a 'maybe option' the park. They have the money to do it is just a case of if they are going to do it!

Getting the show might not cost a lot but the building needs a lot of work... That or they bash out a brand spanking new one, which I can't see them doing because most of Thorpe's target audience aren't interested in going to a theme park to watch a show.

I'm sure these rumours get crazier every year. The Swarm backwards thing I guess is mechanically possible and gives the ride another gimmick but the queue system would be an utter mess. At least Six Flags flip the entire train and give an old ride some TLC. Superman and Mr Freeze make sense backwards as well.

I actually think a 3D show with some edge like Terminator would go down a treat at Thorpe.

Os silly me :P

They have already revealed the crash pad... People commented on the facebook page 'it would be a waste of time if it was something to do with the crash pad!' Everyone of fb is talking about loads of possibilities but I just hope a good one comes true :)

Thorpe will only start revealing CLUES anyway and they will probably be impossible ones like sw7 smiley face, doesn't give you much hints to the ride/attraction. The big reveal will probably be at the beginning of march. Can't wait for thorpe park to open :)

THIS IS A REPLY TO SIDDERS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As for a 3d show, I would rather have time voyagers back, at least it was 4D, if its not 4D/5D, I probably won't bother going in. I just hope if they do make a show it won't be pay to get in, at winter wonderland I paid £5 to watch some poor 5D film in which the effects where cool but actual flim had no storyline.

I remember the days of pirates 4D, that used to be a real treat for me :P I got so scared when all the wasps fly at you as I thought I was gonna get stung :P also when that pirate squirted water through the screen at the end was a classic ending! I miss pirates 4D....

Os silly me :P

They have already revealed the crash pad... People commented on the facebook page 'it would be a waste of time if it was something to do with the crash pad!' Everyone of fb is talking about loads of possibilities but I just hope a good one comes true :)

Thorpe will only start revealing CLUES anyway and they will probably be impossible ones like sw7 smiley face, doesn't give you much hints to the ride/attraction. The big reveal will probably be at the beginning of march. Can't wait for thorpe park to open :)

THIS IS A REPLY TO SIDDERS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I admire your enthusiasm here, but the people on Facebook are not a reliable source and just because there are a few people, or even an overwhelming majority, talking about something potentially new to Thorpe Park for 2013 does not necessarily give it factual credence. I'm not saying it's set in stone that the news will be about The Crash Pad, but they could actually be revealing something about their brand spanking new accommodation facilities that'll sweeten the deal for a number of prospective visitors. It could be premium/themed bedrooms; it could be special deals offered if you book before a certain date giving you better value for money; it could be that the whole facility will receive some themeing so it looks like less of a warehouse-bought bolt-on to Thorpe's island. You simply cannot rule it out on the basis that "the public already knows about it".

It could be a new year-round show (though The Arena does play host to a number of annual shows so the likelihood is low), a X:\No Way Out revamp (or re-theme, or both) as well. It may even be more weekly club nights in the Dome and extended ride opening hours for those with tickets.

And as for the "clues" - how do you know? Why won't it just be a big announcement made at one point in time? And The Smiler isn't an impossible clue - it tells us a great deal about the nature of SW7 (hypnosis, behavioural conditioning, Pavlov-meets-Orwell etc.).

Ok maybe I have gone a bit too far generally and I don't know how to do quotes but this is what the facebook page says...

'Keep an eye on our page for exclusive clues before the big reveal...' So I advise you go on the facebook page before you start saying wrong things ;)

It also says:

'Are you dying to know what SUPRISES we've got planned for 2013?!'

I think most people(including me) have just been presuming its going to be something do with the park and the rides/shows!

But the thing is, it could be anything, they could be introducing ERT even to hotel guests and annual pass holders! They could be telling us that they are going to put there prices up to £60 pp and are going to make ultimate fastrack for £200 each! It could be anything!

Thorpe keep saying things about the crash pad on the fb page which is making me feel more and more like its crash pad orientated. I was not ruling it out but I think if it was to do with the crash pad, most people would be disappointed! I know what I personally want but I doubt any of it will happen! I think the reveal will disappoint to be honest... It could well just be the return of CCR, something like that but I don't think they would post clues for this or any offer!

They are unlikely to make a suprise an offer, they are already going up in price next year and they won't charge less than the 2013 tickets for 2012 prices. They always seem to post their offers on facebook anyway... But maybe the suprise is a new event! Maybe the return of......

TWISTED CARNIVAL

THORPE BLAST

ANNUAL PASS DAY(doubt it!)

Ok maybe I have gone a bit too far generally and I don't know how to do quotes but this is what the facebook page says...

'Keep an eye on our page for exclusive clues before the big reveal...' So I advise you go on the facebook page before you start saying wrong things ;)

It also says:

'Are you dying to know what SUPRISES we've got planned for 2013?!'

I think most people(including me) have just been presuming its going to be something do with the park and the rides/shows!

But the thing is, it could be anything, they could be introducing ERT even to hotel guests and annual pass holders! They could be telling us that they are going to put there prices up to £60 pp and are going to make ultimate fastrack for £200 each! It could be anything!

Thorpe keep saying things about the crash pad on the fb page which is making me feel more and more like its crash pad orientated. I was not ruling it out but I think if it was to do with the crash pad, most people would be disappointed! I know what I personally want but I doubt any of it will happen! I think the reveal will disappoint to be honest... It could well just be the return of CCR, something like that but I don't think they would post clues for this or any offer!

They are unlikely to make a suprise an offer, they are already going up in price next year and they won't charge less than the 2013 tickets for 2012 prices. They always seem to post their offers on facebook anyway... But maybe the suprise is a new event! Maybe the return of......

TWISTED CARNIVAL

THORPE BLAST

ANNUAL PASS DAY(doubt it!)

The parts I've emboldened are basically what I was saying.

I wouldn't say there's much of a chance of the Canada Creek Railway returning, just the same as The Swarm's last two rows will never be turned around to face backwards. Who on Earth came up with that rumour?

And Merlin always do a New Year's discount sale for it's Annual Passes so maybe Thorpe will try to kick the new season off with extra incentive for guests to stay at the Crash Pad by lowering prices temporarily?

Yeah the construction of Stealth meant the Tidal Wave gas pipes had to be removed (I THINK). But there were rumours last season that they can link up Tidal's gas ball with Swarm's gas tank or something similar. Not sure if that's still possible but they were doing work in the Tidal Wave gas ball last season.

The way the park said 'surprises' makes me think they are going to announce more than one thing. However, I think they will be a mix of ride rethemes/retruns and events. I strongly feel that X will actually have some work done to it for once and will be themed to music in someway. The train returning is a possibility as everything is still in place for it but they wouldn't announce that too fans as a single news item, maybe as part of a Canadas Creek retheme? They could fix all the effects or make sure that they will work as originally intended. Colossus repaint would be nice but like the X retheme, enthusiasts ask for it every year so that one always arises during closed season.

As for events, it will be a huge year for after hours music events with the MoS partnership being very popular and the new hotel place to sleep. Of course Fright Nights will return but maybe also fireworks again. On the opening times for next year the 3rd and 4th of November are down as 10-8. Now I'm pretty sure they wouldn't consider it and then cancel it half way through the season two years running but I wouldn't put anything passed them.

You never know, maybe they'll be able to keep Slammer open all season ;)

Whatever it is, people will complain about what they didn't get so lets just be greatful at what it is and not moan about what we don't get.

Now that the DR. pepper license is gone, I would love to see some new events or some events returning!

These events I feel should be here this year:

Twisted carnival(I loved it in 2011 except for the fact that queues for stealth and saw were 150 mins!)

Thorpe blast(much better name than nowadays :) )

Fright night

Some sort of summer event to replace sun scream, seeing as that won't be around with us any more!

Of course we will get the ride and club nights aswell(which I hate), it gives a 50% more chance there will be more chaos during the day!

This was discussed in chat earlier, I am not sure because someone told me this however, tidal wave is apparently going to keep the DR. Pepper logo on for advertising but no events will be sponsored by DR. Pepper for example, sun scream! This means sunscream won't be returning, so we will need a good summer event instead!

Where are these rumours from? I don't think we will be seeing a new coaster until 2016 however if it is true it has to be something small like a wild maus(xxl) :P however, I wouldn't mind seeing a spinning coaster or a classic boomerang! How big is funnel safari? Never really noticed it and I think if it is quite big and it is true that we are getting a new coaster I would either like to see a wild maus(xxl) or something like a spinning ride like dragons fury but more intense!

This area definately would not be big enough for a wooden coaster, I don't know how big it is but it can't be that big! Are you sure this is actaully happening? Where are the rumours from?