2013 Changes

daboywunda

Would safari be big enough for a giant one?

Also inverted giant boomerangs are 200ft high and thorpe will not make something that big- that's at least how tall the one at six flags is!

Stealth?

Possibly fit, I dunno, not pyschic but it would be a fab and relatively cheap addition, whilst also being unique to the country...

They won't be building a new coaster - we had The Swarm last year and if a new coaster was being built then it would have been advertised way before this. As much as I would like one, it is very unlikely!

It will probably be the usual merlin tactic of advertising a refurb as a new ride.

When have they done this though, bar the Flying Fish?

I am not really talking about Thorpe, just merlin in general... Such as Sonic Spinball being advertised as new. But actually I'm not sure if that false advertising was a decision made by Merlin entertainments or Towers themselves.

I am not really talking about Thorpe, just merlin in general... Such as Sonic Spinball being advertised as new. But actually I'm not sure if that false advertising was a decision made by Merlin entertainments or Towers themselves.

Was it advertised as a totally new ride though?

Was it advertised as a totally new ride though?

Yeah, I can't remember the website but the leaflet had red banners next to Th13teen and Sonic spinball, both of which said "NEW FOR 2010". I think the ride was advertised as new as well on the website but not 100% certain on that. I do remember TV adverts with Sonic's voice saying something like "Come and ride my new ride, Sonic Spinball at Alton towers" though.

X no way out :) oh wait... Just realised it was done by Tussaud's :)

I would love to see a new flat ride at thorpe :P don't know what they are planning to show us this year though!

Really.. if it was any kind of ride we would know it is happening. Rides can't just pop up without anyone knowing about it in these days of the internet.

Unless it is something like Vengeance that could just slip into the 4D cinema (not saying its Vengeance but just an example of a ride small enough). Agreed though it does seem unlikely. Sonic Spinball was advertised as a new attraction and in my opinion this could suggest that X could be rebranded as a whole new ride.

Surely if it were anything substantial we would have some sort of evidence.

My bets are on

X Re theme

Saw Alive Boat being re-purposed

4D Cinema being re-purposed

Fungle Safari isn't a bad shout either, considering they put that fence up at the start of the '12 season remember. This could be interconnected to the Asylums plot of land, although highly rated, the maze is one of the oldest on park (if you count its years as the freezer)

Maybe an odd theory but perhaps in line with Crash Pad: What if the 4D cinema were converted in to a real cinema? That whole area of the park could be converted in to a late night entertainment village, a real bar set up in a disused building, late night food options. Host silent discos out in the arena on a weekly basis, and Convert the asylums building in to a small night club.

This is all speculation, of course. I think its really odd we have no concrete evidence of something happening, usually this type of stuff has its own way of sneaking out...Seems almost like ANYTHING could have happened to the park while its been closed and we'd know none the wiser.

Whether or not I go to T.P this year depends on whether they're adding something new which is worth trying out.

Andrew Harvey
- we are!
:D

Better be something good just like thorpe says, we are not seeing a refurb, we are getting SOMETHING NEW!

I know it has kind of already been said, but this could still be anything. We all know they like a bit of hype, whether it is deserved or not. This could still be as dull as a new coffee bar or something, they'd still try and tell you it was worth visiting for because, shock of shocks, they want you to visit! All means nothing until there's an actual announcement.

My money is on X referb simply because it makes the most sense and has been a strong rumour from the off, even more so than every other year since forever. Whether that'd be done to be anything other than embarrassment I'm less sure on, because to do it well wouldn't be cheap, but if they do do it well I'd be quite happy. Vengeance in Pirates is an outside possibility I suppose, and how about the other dungeons left overs? Boat ride and Extremis are both going begging as far as I know, a mini dungeons? I don't really see it fitting at Thorpe but they've done stranger things. A new film in pirates could be good if it was the right film and not an abomination like Time Voyagers, I don't believe the building is in as bad a way as is sometimes made out.

And then there is the reverse Swarm thing, which is so full of fail it is painful. Why on earth would consideration be given to effectively referbing the best shiniest newest thing they've got, which is pretty damn awesome in itself, when money is so desperately needed elsewhere to stop things looking like they will (or actually) fall apart. Turning a good solid and unique in the UK ride into a cheap gimmick it wasn't designed to be and no doubt ballsing up the operation of it in the process. It would be the sort of decision that would make me want to find the person who made it, grab him by the lapels and shake him hard until he saw sense. It is the dumbest thing the park could even consider, so clearly it will defiantly happen, as that is the way of Merlin the world.

I really like the idea of an area of the park being designed for use with the snoozebox as an entertainment 'village', but am unsure they'd want drunkards wandering round areas with rides in late at night!

Experience the evolution?

First thoughts are possibly alien-related (aliens could involve once they land here), so Swarm related. Could well be Vengeance becoming a Swarm bolt on, X retheme to become a Swarm bolt on or something similar.

Or it could a nudge at the evolution of X in general, and some sort of nightcluby theme?

Basically - it could still be anything that's be rumoured. YAY!