2013 Changes

daboywunda

Hi allI'm really sorry if this has already been posted, so if so, feel free to move or close me!On park for opening day today and there curiously seems to be a new fence being put up around Miss Fungle's Safari that stretches around the back of Nemesis Inferno and to the Sing Star building. Is this the start of the work for the 2013 ride?I contemplated it being the fence from Fright Nights and that Thorpe had just neglected to take it down... Until I saw workmen putting it up instead..

I was thinking that while on Detonator. There's not a great deal of space, but if the current pattern of massive investment (Swarm, Saw), medium investment (Saw Alive) and small investment (Storm Surge) continues, we have a medium investment similar in size / appeal to Saw Alive.. In which case, the space there is perfect if they utilise the area behind Nemesis Inferno too (ie for the queue)My initial thoughts: Disk-o or Top Spin sized ride?

It's been common knowledge for years that there is very little in terms of flat rides that Thorpe could add that they don't already offer in most senses.I wouldn't fancy a Disk-O due to Kobra being just down the road at Chessington, and the same can be said for a Top-Spin because they also have Rameses' Revenge (and Alton Towers has Ripsaw). The only possible flat I would want to see them install is something from HUSS. Hell, I'd love a Topple Tower. They just look so nice even if they fall apart before they're even assembled. I could take or leave a Jump2, but they take up an enormous foot-print (~60ft squared, so bigger than Rush's footprint) and I doubt it'd fit in the space allocated. Topple Towers require about a quarter of the space of a Jump2 and they're great for cross-over appeal. I just hope HUSS have got their arse in gear because after the Dollywood/Timber Tower debacle you'd think they'd sort out the reliability.

Genuine question here, why do people even jump down the flat ride route every single time. Make a list of all the Thorpe flat rides.. or I will for you.Samurai - Tame, doesn't do half the things a top-scan should do because it wasn't designed for a theme park.Slammer - Half the time closed and broken, the other half majorly unpopular due to the look of the ride and the appauling loading procedure.Vortex - Has gone from the big daddy to useless. Now does one proper top swing, and has a terrible throughput.Zodiac - Short ride compared to the funfair and the loading procedure takes an age.Quantum - Does nothing a magic carpet should and ever since it lost the ends of the carpet, has been dire.Detonator - Isn't really a flat ride but it does it jobs well.Rush - Decent flat ride, one of Thorpes best.Back when Thorpe was trying to establish itself, flat rides made sense as quick throw away fillers. But the park is established now and really, there isn't many flat rides that will be that different to what they already have.

I don't personally get what is so special about Huss Jump2s... Maybe I'm just missing something or maybe it's that Thorpe do pretty much have every conceivable axis of rotation etc covered by their collection already :wub: Plus I don't think they look very nice really. I don't know, maybe with the right paint job and surrounding area it might look okay.

I could just imagine a well themed ride to tie in well with Inferno and Mr Monkey's. Some sort of jungle tribe has been discovered or a temple of some sort would be the sort of thing I could imagine for that area. That does raise the question as to what would happen to Asylum next year though because surely a decent sized flat would take up the queue area and possibly even the building that houses Asylum?

Mark forgot the Teacups, Banana Boat, Carousel and Rocky Express! :oMaking the list makes it seem worse... As there's only one decent flat ride (which is also unreliable)... I think people go down the flat ride route because parks filled with roller coasters aren't that great, Magic Mountain and Cedar Point both really lack other things, though Cedar Point does have things like MaxAir and erm... Yeah...I dunno, I think parks need a good mix of both coasters and flats to keep a sensible balance of rides together... Through in one or two dark rides and a smattering of water rides and you have a good mix...In short, 99% of Thorpe's flats are diabolical and they need better ones either fresh or replacing them...

I would really love theme to add something like a Huss Delirium, its a different style of ride and I think it would be something that would suit and fit in with the areas theme and be able to cater to the variety of audience such as young and older thrill seekers and it combines a mix of flat ride and water ride.Personally myself I am biased though because I like the design and would love to ride it.http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=152

:wub: grrr stupid computer decided to delete my whole post before I had a chance to add it!Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm even presenting this idea as theres likely to be bob hope, no hope and maybe a little antelope of Thorpe taking on such an installation.Why do we necessarily have to go down the flats rides route? Taking into account the footprint available and throughput, I would like to see an Intamin Zacspin.Assuming this is going to be a medium sized development, Thorpe could install a model similar to the example below for around the same price as Sub-Terra's just cost AltonFor this not only doe's Thorpe get another coaster credit but you also have an attraction that can vary from ride to ride just like many of todays decent flats on the market....Posted Image

That would be a great idea for Thorpe park to get one of, it would fit into the space well and everything. Also I can imagine that it would be quite good for the thrillseekers, and it is also quite good in that it would mean 2 new coasters in a row, something that we haven't seen since Inferno and Colossus!Also something like this would work well because it looks VERY intense and scary, which would put thrillseekers to the test!The seating arrangement flips over as the ride goes round. (I haven't been on one but I want to!)Posted Image