Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

"For the first time ever in the UK, Halloween fans will be have to decide their own fate in a scare maze"

This sounds very promising for CITW, even with the typo! :lol:

Well, looks like we will have to wait two days for the next reveal. My Bloody Valentine, which was on the list a minute ago has been taken off and will be revealed tomorrow (I guess).

Am I the only one who feels this maze is screaming out to use the old Experiment 10 containers - plus a few extra? I know MBV will be there, but still, it seems a bit strange, does it not? Will be interesting to see what happens...

Spoiler about the film ahead...

It looks like it could focus on the latter part of the film. I hope we don't end up with a monster fest of loads of different random monsters just chucked in different scenes trying to scare people.

went to thorpe today... could only see experiment 10, couldn't see the Section behind nemesis inferno for some reason, just must have been looking in the wrong place haha... but experiment 10, don't know which maze it is going to become looks to be in a different layout, like in a square, and looks worryingly small in length in comparison to actual experiment 10 (less shipping containers than before) if I remember correctly!

Something that Thorpe haven't attempted at yet (well, The Curse was the closest we got) is an actual ghost themed maze.

I don't mean family - I mean they could have a maze themed around a haunting and make it very scary. Instead of jump scares it would rely more on a scary soundtrack, tension, well themed sets and things like that (with the odd jump scare thrown in as well to keep tension high).

A shame that they didn't pick a film that could accomplish this, but I'm still excited for what we've got :)

I'm curious as to what angle theyll take for TCINW. HHN Orlando is taking as you being apart of the company at the time of the kids being in the cabin and then they get into the unit and all hell breaks loose. I know thorpe have posted that we will make the decisions in the maze, but are we the kids or are we staff?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious as to what angle theyll take for TCINW. HHN Orlando is taking as you being apart of the company at the time of the kids being in the cabin and then they get into the unit and all hell breaks loose. I know thorpe have posted that we will make the decisions in the maze, but are we the kids or are we staff?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

good thought I really think this maze will flop in comparison to Universals

Something that Thorpe haven't attempted at yet (well, The Curse was the closest we got) is an actual ghost themed maze.

I don't mean family - I mean they could have a maze themed around a haunting and make it very scary. Instead of jump scares it would rely more on a scary soundtrack, tension, well themed sets and things like that (with the odd jump scare thrown in as well to keep tension high).

A shame that they didn't pick a film that could accomplish this, but I'm still excited for what we've got :)

I think a Blair Witch maze has the chance to do this. It can only utilise a tension building experience in my eyes, and use the likes of strange noises, unexplained sightings and themed scenes to build up to a finale.

It depends on how they want to execute the maze though, but I think we will see a tension-based maze for Blair Witch.

So Slammer has once again has its signage removed. Could Slamner opening for Fright Nights be the final reveal? ;)

That's unlikely if they have removed the signage.

It would also be disappointing, because anyone viewing that page will expect another scare attraction to be revealed, not a ride that has been broken re-opening.

Don't know if its been updated or I just didn't read through it, but Cabin In the Woods looks to be very good... 'Decide which rooms you wish to enter but remember only the brave will make it through the cabin to safety - and just a few may find the secret control room to take a turn directing the fear for themselves...'

Interesting that the trailer shown for the Saw one is the final film. I wonder if there's any chance that an additional scene might be added from that film then; though I do have some doubts in honesty.

And yeah, the CITW description has been updated, including the scenes. Based on the new description, I wonder if there are not only alternative routes, but also alternative endings as well?