• Vengeance
    • X refurb
    • New flat
    • New maze
    • New show
    • New 4D film
    • Other
    • CCR reopens

I'm gonna put my post off Coasterforce to state why I think Swarm backwards won't happen... Ever...

Point 1 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril at Paris had a LOT of work done to the track, be it banking or what-not to make up for the guests being unable to brace for the sudden turns and drops being unable to see them... On a B&M, this work would be a lot more noticeable, and there's a distinct lack of any person at Thorpe (be it staff or enthusiast) mention anything about Swarm's track being change to make up for the change in direction.

Point 2 - Forces, turning the rows backwards (and the back two rows of course being the most intense) means a whole new array of forces acting on both rider AND more importantly, the car itself... Meaning more stress and strain acting on it, which considering the ride has already thrown a few nuts and bolts off last year, it's not the best idea... Let alone the affect on vibration on the seats themselves due to the change of weight position to even the slightest degree can cause a massive change in the frequency, and as people who have ridden Baco say, the vibrating seats are a problem...

Point 3 - B&M, I've been told that this was B&M's idea... I doubt this because it's B&M, who took ages to do their own version of the WingRider, and have never done a backwards coaster before... Do we really think the company with the highest rate of perfecting a ride before building one would take such a risk? Let alone go against their ride comfort principles...

Point 4 - Goes against the ride's purpose, Thorpe themselves answered a question last year on Facebook (I think, someone DID find it though) about the ride turning backwards, they responded with that it would mean the scenery they added to the ride would be then pointless... Was the ride really such a 'failure' to go against it's own point of the near misses and the like?

Point 5 - NWO, a weird link, but considering the problems they have with NWO and vomit (ok, the darkness is probably an issue here too, but the ride isn't THAT intense, Swarm is), why would they firstly make NWO go forward (a more likely and logical candidate for 2013 additions) to counteract these issues, only to make Swarm partially backwards itself? There is no logical sense to the rumour if both turn out to be true...

Point 6 - Logistics, Swarm already has a failure in the front row queue system, no doubt they'll keep it, but then they'll have to add ANOTHER separate queue for the back two rows as not everyone will want to ride it backwards... Swarm's station is already a bit of a struggle at times, another queue will just complicate matters...

It literally just sounds like a stupid troll rumour and nothing more... It's more disbelieving that people are actually believing it will/has happened already, where really, if it had, SOMEONE would have spotted something related to it (as I'm sure people are still getting their Monk's Walk fix, or a staff member will have let it slip...

I think thorpe do run a poor service in terms of trains, even if a ride is running on two trains they will slow up loading process or run every other train empty to get the queue busy. Here is my report of the bad service of adding trains:

We entered the queue on a summers day, the queues hadn't been too bad so far but we had queued 60 mins for saw... All the other queues had been quite short including stealth! Which was only 5 minutes. When we got to nemesis inferno however, we were delighted not to see a too long queue, of only 30 minutes. We thought, 'this queue isn't going to be too long' and the actual queue itself wasn't. However after about 15 minutes of waiting, they announced that they would add an extra train on to speed up queue times, at the current moment we were thinking, 'why didn't you do that before the park opened?'

Now this is where it all goes horrible, we were standing in the queue line for about 50 minutes until they announced that they had put the second train on, ridiculous, 50 minutes to put a train on! They however said they would speed up loading process because of their delay. Yes, this was a good idea, but we were still waiting another 15 minutes before we got on. When we were in the station about to get on row 2, we realised we had been queueing for 80 minutes! Appalling, especially when the screen itself had said 30 minutes. The actual loading process was horrible though, after they opened the gates, they counted down from 5 for everyone to get on, it was total chaos, everyone was rushing the bag area and I almost got knocked over trying to place my bag! Also, when we got off they made us rush out of the station too!

I also feel that in thorpe fastracking is way too over used! There were about twice as many people going through the fastrack as the normal queue, slowing it down for everybody! Also on stealth, the lady was trying to sell us fastrack telling us that the queue was 45 minutes when it turned out to be 5! Good try thorpe!

I actually like the idea of turning the seats backwards but I agree that it is probably too soon to introduce a gimmike like that. Maybe in a few years time! I also think it is looking increasingly like an X refurb but the 4D idea does also sound likely. Why leave a perfectly good 4D screen unused? I can also think of few other things that could fill that space in terms of attractions. What ever surprise it is its definitely well hidden!

Guys about to post a quote up(when I find out how to do it!) thorpe are definately bringing a new attraction in 2013...

EDIT:

Andrew Harvey Whether or not I go to T.P this year depends on whether they're adding something new which is worth trying out.

Hopefully will be a new flat or even rollercoaster.Rumours are apparently saying a new rollercoster/ride is being built in fungle safari :)

Edited by Sidders
: Please use the Edit button when wishing to add something to a previous post.

I take my comment back actually :P posted it without really thinking!

I would love to see a new ride/rollercoaster new for this year and I am just thinking about flat ride possibilities, what rides could go in which have a good capacity and are thrilling enough? I have come up with a small list:

Mondial inferno(airwolf) -seats 38 per ride

Extreme ride with 6 arms - 36 seats per ride

Mondial windseeker(would this suit the target audience?) - seats from 24-60 (thorpe would need to go for a higher option!)

Shake -seats 32 per ride!

Technical park challenger- 32 seats per ride

I would love to see a Super Bowl but I'm not sure it is thrilling enough?

Most of these are probably thrilling enough for thorpe and I would love to see a mondial inferno or shake :P they both have good capacities but I'm not sure about there throughput!

I'm not saying thorpe are getting a ride for 2013 but it would be nice... Can you think of any rides which would suit thorpe?

There will NOT be a coaster this year...

A flat ride is just as less likely, since there has been a distinct lack of planning permission... If there's a new ride, it'll most like be located inside the Time Voyagers building...

Most likely is the X refurb, as that will technically be a new experience... Don't read into PR speak too much...

Just saying this is going a bit off topic but I have a feeling slammer may not be returning this year.

Someone I know has 'apparently' been speaking to management and they are currently deciding whether slammer is going to be put back in operation. However, if they were too remove slammer, they would need a new ride in its place so if slammer is removed, we must get something in its place. I don't think slammer is likely to be removed this season, and I think you are right. It is probably an x refurb, however I am always keeping my options open and something inside tells me it's going to be veagence from the dungeons :)

Just saying this is going a bit off topic but I have a feeling slammer may not be returning this year.

Someone I know has 'apparently' been speaking to management and they are currently deciding whether slammer is going to be put back in operation. However, if they were too remove slammer, they would need a new ride in its place so if slammer is removed, we must get something in its place. I don't think slammer is likely to be removed this season, and I think you are right. It is probably an x refurb, however I am always keeping my options open and something inside tells me it's going to be veagence from the dungeons :)

And once again another unlikely and in my opinion, a s*** rumour! If they were not going to keep it, why spend on fixing it before fright nights!

something inside tells me it's going to be veagence from the dungeons :)

This would make no sense to me. At the Dungeons it's had a ridiculous amount of downtime, it would have an awful throughput, and it's not even any good really. A Swarm-themed interactive shooting ride has been suggested before, and the idea has potential, but I really don't think Vengeance would be up to the task.

I liked Vengeance, but I always thought that it would have been a lot better without the guns - because they didn't do anything. Therefore without them people wouldn't be spending the whole ride confused about why they wern't working. (Obviously the storyline would need to be changed then etc...)

What happened at the dungeons when veagence was down? Did you just skip through it?

Yes, the 'house rules' were covered up by black sheets and you just got a bit of spiel about a haunted room that you were in, but then you just walked through the corridor to the next room.