• Vengeance
    • X refurb
    • New flat
    • New maze
    • New show
    • New 4D film
    • Other
    • CCR reopens

"Are you dying to know what surprises we've got planned for 2013?! Don't worry, you won't be in suspense for much longer... Keep an eye on our page for exclusive clues before the big reveal... coming soon!"

So what will it be? If you choose other post your idea and if popular enough it can be added!

I'm thinking cheap, in order of cheapness and minimal effort:

1) CCR opening

2) New 4D film

3) New show

4) New maze

Then comes the more expensive and less likely options:

5) X referb

6) Vengeance

Not sure what budget they have of course this year, but I'm hoping for X and maybe options 1-3 or am I too greedy.

I don't think it will be anything big, they had the swarm last year and they have the crash pas this year aswell. I would love a new flat ride going in the park but this is unlikely as we haven't seen plans for anything of the sort. However, there could be secret planning going on but this is very unlikely as thorpe have always released their plans!

I guess CCR is a possibility to return but it wouldn't make sense re opening it after they had just closed it, the only reason I would see it reopening is if thorpe wanted to make it a family park but they have the slogan as 'the nations thrill capital' this makes it seem unlikely that CCR is returning, however the track and station is still there but it is just strange that they closed it in the first place.

A new 4/5D attraction would be good, after closing time voyagers due to lack of demand they would have to bring a special show which would bring guests in. But even then, you're not going to go in more than once, that's the problem with these places, unless they have a series of shows and you get a random one when you go in.

A new show? Well thorpe have their shows at sunscream don't they? They are stuff like BMX bike tours, breakdancing etc. this is not the type of show we are thinking of, we want something like Madagascar show at chessington, however this would be very unpopular to thrill seekers, I don't see that happening.

A new maze could be coming for fright night this year, however a new maze is not just going to generally arrive. They closed saw alive down because the actors cost too much to pay so if they build another maze with actors they are going to have the same problem. The only option I can think of here is to build a maze which doesn't involve actors. Something like pirates adventure(fun house) which is done completely electronically.

Now we come onto the more expensive stuff, X refurb and veagence.

The x refurb would be nice but I think it is extremely unlikely as when you drive past thorpe, you can see the big pyramid. If it had a different theme, it would need a different housing building. Of course, storm surge blocks X anyway meaning that you can't see it properly :P every time I have been on X, I have queued in some tiny garden, they would need to change this because if X had a refurb, it would be advertised as new and would have massive queues meaning that indoor queueing would need to be used for once(they generally don't like you queueing indoors because its dark)

The other option which was mentioned above is Veagence 5D, this is very unlikely to go to thorpe but I am considering it as a 'maybe' option for next year. It is not going to the new dungeons, so merlin are maybe moving it to thorpe? The best possibility for this is either putting it on swarm island and making it swarm themed or putting it in where time voyagers was and making it a good ride with a good theme(amity themed) seeing as it is in amity cove :P

Likely possibilities for 'the big reveal':

A new 4/5D

X refurb

Maybe possibilities:

An electronically controlled maze.

Veagence 5D

CCR reopened

Unlikely possibilities:

A new flat ride

A new show

The unlikely possibilities could always happen and I'm not ruling them out. We will also get the general things like new resturants etc. but I don't think that's what the big reveal is about!

I personally think a refurb of XNWO. Thorpe are aware it needs something done to it, whether that be re-theming/re-vamping or even turning it so it went forwards.

As I have mentioned in another thread, turning it forwards would mean its height restriction could be reduced from 1.4m, therefore more people shall be able to ride it and it means Thorpe can open up to a wider audience again.

If it ends up being something totally different then I'm not fussed. I'm not even fussed about an X refurb.

As much as I would love to see backwards swarm... It would be a nightmare. There would be a massive queue for the backwards rows, and no queue for the front rows so even if you wanted to go forwards, you would have to wait for the people going backwards.

The only way I can see thorpe making the swarm backwards is if they charge you to go on the backwards rows...

Mr Rabbits Tropical Travels. That could come back, that had fire effects. Once.

I really hate the reverse Swarm thing, I so desperately want that not to be true. They might as well put up a sign by the entrance stating 'we have no confidence in this amazing thing we have built, so we are going to turn it into a gimmick it was not designed to be'. Believe in its brilliance and leave it alone to mature.

I still think it is a massive joke anyway. The only thing that concerns me is I first heard it from a couple of people I consider very reliable and could detect no sarcasm in them.

Agreed pluk, I really hope that's just a factless enthusiast rumour. I don't see what it would bring to the ride and Thorpe themselves have said, after receiving questions from enthusiasts and the GP before the opening, that The Swarm was not built to go backwards and that even if the technology was there, it would ruin the miss points. If anyone needs a refresher:

Q. Will The Swarm ever be released backwards to give thrill riders a more terrifying experience as they face war?

A. One of the most thrilling elements of THE SWARM is the deliberate close proximity of the ride to the various ‘near miss’ elements around the track – guests won’t truly know they are far enough away until they’ve safely made it past! Running the train backwards would means these ‘near misses’ wouldn’t be seen until the guests had travelled beyond them, and the ride would therefore actually be less scary. Numerous components on the train would also have to be modified, making it very technically challenging.

Agreed pluk, I really hope that's just a factless enthusiast rumour. I don't see what it would bring to the ride and Thorpe themselves have said, after receiving questions from enthusiasts and the GP before the opening, that The Swarm was not built to go backwards and that even if the technology was there, it would ruin the miss points. If anyone needs a refresher:

The same Thorpe that said Stealth would always run on two trains.

Rule One: Thorpe Lies.