ERT Swarm Photo Shoot Event 15th March 2013

AJ

Many thanks to Thorpe Park and everyone on TPM for the meet yesterday. Whilst it was short notice it was great to see so many people there and the happiness despite the poor weather. It definitely set a high standard for my own Thorpe trips this year. :)

Wow, what a day!

First off, many thanks to Peaj for being a great host, organiser, and all round nice bloke, and thanks to Thorpe Park to letting us have the opportunity in the first place! Of course thankyou to everyone on here for making me feel SO welcome, what a bloody nice bunch of people you are! Particular hellos to Peaj, Michelle, Sidders, Dodge, Pluk, IanNem and Mr. Fish for various chats during the day! There were others but I can't recall forumnames right now with 30+ people, lol - how does Peaj do it?! :D

I won't do a full trip report as I'm sure there'll be plenty of those, but here are my bulletted highlights! I can't WAIT to see the photos that Peaj took!

• Sidders running off at the start of the day as he couldn't hold in his excitement
  • Nemesis Inferno lights, mist and station music being back
  • Stealth, just Stealth, always
  • Detty still being epic - even if I was on it by myself as all the other TPMers got on the cycle before
  • Depth Charge! Keep it retro...
  • Being decorated with bags prior to Michelle & Alice riding Swarm Backwards
  • Walk ons all day! Longest queue was getting our bags after ERT!
  • General hatred and mocking of the Crash Pad
  • Riding Storm Surge with Michelle, even if no-one else wanted to! :P
  • Peaj and his whistle usage - well prepared! :D
  • My melting face on the SAW photo - how I managed it, I don't know. Almost made me buy it...
  • Loggers #braveittunnelless - our boat was so weighed down, haha. If I wasn't friends with pluk before the ride, I was after! Oh, and being fired at with the water cannons with Steven and Co.
  • Swarm ERT after the park had closed... even if I did only brave 2 rides round as I was feeling a little ill after being on park for 10 hours! Luckily there were others to take my place! Sorry for that but I didn't want to make myself ill, wouldn't have been good for the PR shots ;)
  • Hearing YMCA, Dancing Queen, Reach and Macarena in the Swarm station was amaze, I'll probably never witness that again!
  • Seeing the park empty with no general public - spooky!
As I say, thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome - if anyone is considering going to a meet and not sure, do it! The TPM lot are a friendly bunch of peeps, and as Dodge said - it's nice being able to talk about coasters and stuff whilst queuing instead of feeling awkward when with friends who aren't perhaps quite so erm, enthusiastic, ahem!

Thanks again to Peaj and Thorpe Park for the opportunity - anyone who's that way inclined, please do add me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mathewwood as it'd be cool to keep in contact with you guys off the forum too - I know there are some Portsmouth and Farnborough-ish locals about :)

Looking forward to the photos and full reports as I say - oh and glad that Peaj got this Annual Pass sorted after his wallet deciding to go walkies whilst on a ride! Enjoy AT today, look forward to the photos as I say - and I'm sure you'll see me again at another meet!

Yeah ill write a a longer trip report later I was so tired when I finally got back home after being stuck on m25 traffic for ages I just wanted to say thanks and head off to bed, but it was a really godo day and great to finally meet and talk with everyone, Peaj was a very good host and yeah this is my second meet and I will be coming again, everyone is so friendly and its so nice to have fellow geeks to chat to :)

if anyone want to add me on facebook I am www.facebook.com/dichello

Cant add much more than what has already been said. A big thanks to Peaj for his help in arranging all this, would of been impossible without him. Also a massive thanks to the park them selves, firstly for the opportunity for us to be part of the photo shoot, and secondly to the staff working on the ride entertaining us during the breaks with some * interesting* music choices!

Echoing what's been said already thanks to Peaj for arranging and Thorpe and all the staff who stayed late for inviting us along and making it happen.

Second meet for me but the first was a while back now, so great to meet you all for the first time and what a lovely bunch you are! Will definitely be making sure I come along to more in the future!

Looking forward to seeing people's photos and group pics when they make their way on here!

I had such a great time on Friday, thanks again to Thorpe Park, TPM and Peaj!

• Loggers #braveittunnelless - our boat was so weighed down, haha. If I wasn't friends with pluk before the ride, I was after! Oh, and being fired at with the water cannons with Steven and Co.

MattyMoo I have a feeling this comment may actually be about me, it was certainly a very snug fit with the four of us guys in that log... :unsure: On the plus side I have never been so drenched on Loggers Leap! :lol:

I can't wait to see more photos and videos from the day!

Ahhh apologies Phill! I knew I'd get mixed up somewhere along the line! :D I think Loggers may have been a highlight of the day - I've never heard the boat scrape the bottom of the flume that much before... must be because we're all so ripped....! Haha :P I can dream...!