The Swarm and John Wardley on Discovery Channel

The Discovery Channel documentary about John Wardley that was filmed last summer at Thorpe Park is being shown next month on the UK Quest Channel (Freeview channel 38). It is in the "World's Strangest Jobs" series. Provisional dates and times are 17, 19, 21 or 22 July, but this might change. It is the documentary that John mentioned in his autobiography, and features Emma Bassett, whose life was saved by a ride on Colossus!

• 4 weeks later...

Oooh I *think* I can get Quest on Freeview - if not I am gonna throw a tantrum and cry (or get my sister to record it for me). There just isn't enough coaster programs on the telly! Though I have seen a few programmes on a random channel about coasters a while back but I've forgotten the name of the show - it was America based though but was really interesting and I remember on one of the shows they were discussing launched coasters and showed how they work - tres interesting :good:

Though I have seen a few programmes on a random channel about coasters a while back but I've forgotten the name of the show - it was America based though but was really interesting and I remember on one of the shows they were discussing launched coasters and showed how they work - tres interesting :good:

would this by any chance be Coaster wars

I think 'his section' has finished now.

It was a nice little feature actually. Gave a couple of little snippets of when Swarm achieves certain Gs, which is fun for the geeks amongst us. Other than that, just talked about how there's a focus on G forces and how they help make roller coasters...roller coasters. They gave Wardley the usual portrayal as some guy who gets his kicks from making people scream and that. Noticed that some of the shots of Swarm were flipped for seemingly no reason though?

One little problem though...they called Colossus, the ride which saved Bassett's life, Nemesis. D'oh!