Summer Advert

jom222

Today at THORPE PARK they are filming their summer advert, is this a thing they usually do because I don't remember them having a separate one?

They tweeted earlier that they have just finished filming on Depth Charge, this could be trying to show how THORPE PARK is suitable for all ages as they have changed their target audience recently.

If anyone has any pictures/videos of the filming post here please.

Good that they are trying to bring everyone back again.

I still remember being there on the school trip last year where the man told us that they were trying to push "up for it families" out and only have teenagers.
I thought then that it was never going to work...

Still, this is good.

When was the last time Depth Charge even featured on an advert by Thorpe?!

In recent times, the only time I can think of where they had a different advert for summer was 2011, when Saw was said to be 'more terrifying than ever'. Even then, that was just footage of the 2009 advert with a different voice over.

If recent discussion is anything to go by, looks like we'll see more of a focus on 'something for everyone', and possibly a focus on summer fun (what with the water rides mentioned) and such. I do look forward to this!

While there has currently been more talk than action, I for one am both relieved and impressed by Thorpe's choice to change things up a bit. Talks of refurbishing older rides, more theming, a wider appeal for families, a new map on the way, adverts that feature more than just their signature ride. I really hope they can pull this off.

A new era for Thorpe Park perhaps? I do hope so.

I think this is very good news as they really need to aim for families, but the danger I see is that if a family who has a child between 1m and 1.1m, is there enough for them to spend an entire day at Thorpe? With the removal of Octopus gardens, CCR and P4D, after paying the entrance fee, I wonder how many families will be going to guest services when they realise that to have a half decent day everyone needs to be a minimum of 1.2 to get on some half decent rides.

Of course we don't know what they have planned, there may be something aimed at families based in the Arena this summer, they could open CCR too

• 1 month later...

The advert is hysterical. And I'm not talking about the rather cheap looking production values. The stars are a family; mum, dad and a boy and a girl who both look under 13. It's all smiles and splashing, no hint of foul-mouthed teens and queue jumping pikies. I don't recall the exact wording of the tagline but it was something about summer fun. You'd literally think this advert jumped straight out of 1995.

I suppose it depends if they are still marketable?

Blackpool Pleasure Beach recently decided to bring back their classic and slightly dated Mr Funshine mascot. Maybe Thorpe will do the same?, though something tells me we have the seen the last of Mr Monkey and his peculiar band of troops.

Me too. Reminds me a bit of The Sun / Alton Towers ticket giveaway one from a few years back, made by the same people is it?

Trying to work out if the quite stunning shot at the beginning and end is real or some sort of composite image. It looks too good to be true but I think it actually fits together as it should and there are a couple of bits in the background they wouldn't have put in if it wasn't real.

Edited by pluk
Thet've done some messing with it at least - the Swarm has two moving trains! But I think that actual view exists?

I do think characters are a thing of the past, unless your Disney with the huge IP behind the character, it is very hard to pull it off IMO.

I think Alton have a good solution with the Park Keepers, Thorpe could call theirs "The Chav Checkers" or something. Get them a clapped out Vauxhall Corsa, dress them up in trackies and trainers, gold chains and big hooped ear rings (Lizzy Duke specials of course) for the girls, Burberry caps, iPhone in one hand and of course an Ultimate Fast Track wristband plus a big sub woofer in the boot.....