Six Flags Great America

Benin

The look of the ride is just awful. Up there with the likes of Storm Surge.

However, my original thought of the ride itself hasn't changed - it does look okay. Nothing special, but it does look okay and maybe even a bit fun. Trouble is, it's a ride that can't make its mind up: does it want to try and be a woodie that acts like a steel, or just an insane woodie.

Because if it's trying to act like a steel coaster, it's acting like a meh steel coaster. If it's acting like a woodie, it's missing the core woodie features; airtime, being a bit of fun, etc.

So yeah, looks okay on its own merit. But against anything else, I just hear groans of 'Whyyyy'.

And it looks horrible. Have I mentioned that yet?

Here is its mexican brother Medusa Steel Coaster, it opened last weekend and unlike Goliath is labled as steel, because it is and to me looks amazing from the POV, Smiler type inverted drop, a few airtime moments, great pacing and just in general looks like a better ride experience then Goliath tbh it looks really fun if a tad ugly.

I can't understand why they paint the track red, as it would look so much less of an eyesore if it was brown.

Most likely as that is what the customer wants in this case, Six Flags. Maybe its what they want in their parks for it to be like this per say. I still think it looks like an amazing ride though.

• 1 month later...

So this wooden steel coaster is now open.

But the biggest news of the day from the park is they've made Alveys daughter cry.

2 mins · 

According to Six Flags Six Flags Great America/Hurricane Harbor park president Hank Salemi, we are having a "typical experience" at his park as my daughter is now crying as she was booed out of the station by park guests when his staff claimed she was too short to ride Viper. Even though she was tall enough for Goliath and American Eagle (height checked at both), the ride op crew was literally pushing down on her head which made her shorter!!! I'm just so sick of how awful the Six Flags parks have become. We welcome you to share your "typical experiences" at your local Six Flags park. Maybe if enough of us make some constructive noise, the parks will go back to focusing on the guest experience instead of money grabbing which clearly they are focused on now.

983745_10152621838253566_119622533502528

Share · 4

This will, of course, not affect his or TPR's impartial views of Goliath...

Yeah, let's all laugh at a kid crying their way off a ride platform!

Don't think we're laughing at the child, moreso at Alvey and the inevitable tirade of abuse he will send the park's way as a result of it...

Though, as Goliath and Viper have the same height restriction, it's a peculiar situation... Perhaps it was an enthusiast who had been banned from TPR for disagreeing with Robb once? Surely he should know full well that the best course of action would be to go to GS, complain there and get the kid height checked officially?

Moaning on the internet and (assuming here) getting your forumites to send abuse to the park isn't particularly constructive and is pretty childish...

I can't imagine people would boo a child not tall enough for a ride though... That element seems far-fetched to me, having had to reject many children off rides, I've never seen it happen... Unless they were booing Robb for kicking up an enormous fuss over the situation...

Yeah, that's not what we're laughing at. It's the feet stomping response of Alvey that is funny. He's the one who has just used a picture of his crying daughter to publicly rant at a park, rather than visit guest services like everyone else nit in his position would.

One presumes he would rather the staff menber knowingly put his daughter in danger by letting her ride when they suspect she is not tall enough? Nice.

If the staff member doesn't feel comfortable that she's tall enough they should be under no obligation to let her go on. Accusing an entire company of money grabbing just because of that is the kind of classic GP response Alvey usually whines about, which is why it's funny.