Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Who would actually waste there money on them things anyway? :D

People who have some spare cash, and rather than save it and spend it wisely at a later date, they get kicks out of attempting to soak some strangers who they will never see again, and who are already soaked as soaked can be. That's who ;).In all seriousness though, I don't have a problem with people who want to use them. They are a waste of money, just like everything else at Thorpe Park.

People who have some spare cash, and rather than save it and spend it wisely at a later date, they get kicks out of attempting to soak some strangers who they will never see again, and who are already soaked as soaked can be. That's who :D.In all seriousness though, I don't have a problem with people who want to use them. They are a waste of money, just like everything else at Thorpe Park.

I can sort of understand Loggers Leap where they are being used but why Tidal Wave? You can't get anymore wetter than a ride on Tidal! ;)

Grr!It's fun firing them at chavs, trust me! :DBut when you're on the ride and getting fired at, it's whole different story! I swore at guy firing at me, last time I went ;) Shan't say what I said coz I'm not proud of it, but at the time I complely forgot about the guns, and was just starting to smile again after the initial, freezing cold water shock...then I get water fired at me :DAnd yes I know the whole point of going on a water ride is getting wet...but that's the first time I've gone on one wearing a vest top in ages! Doesn't matter how hot the weather is! It's still a horrible feeling at first!

Grr!It's fun firing them at chavs, trust me! :DBut when you're on the ride and getting fired at, it's whole different story! I swore at guy firing at me, last time I went ;) Shan't say what I said coz I'm not proud of it, but at the time I complely forgot about the guns, and was just starting to smile again after the initial, freezing cold water shock...then I get water fired at me :DAnd yes I know the whole point of going on a water ride is getting wet...but that's the first time I've gone on one wearing a vest top in ages! Doesn't matter how hot the weather is! It's still a horrible feeling at first!

I thought it would be ok when I saw then whilst on Loggers Leap about to go into the station. But I forgot how wet you can get on Loggers Leap as I am used to Dragon Falls! :D

The thing is.. on Loggers you aren't crazily wet and the boat is moving at a speed through the squirty bit so it isn't as bad. On Tidal Wave the boat moves slowly through whatever bit the squirters are located and it's not as if you aren't soaked to the bone already. It takes the mick and would definitely ruin a ride for me personally.

Who would actually waste there money on them things anyway? ;)

On Loggers its so fun to spray them at chavs they are like "Oh I'm gonna stab you up blud!" and we're like haha your in a boat and have to wait at least 1min untill you get off and by that time we will be long gone :D.

This is my trip report from yesterday , it's late because my Internet decided to dieGot there about 2 I think as we had to pop to Lego land first to pick up an annual pass for my friend as she had lost it.I went yesterday with the aim of getting on at 3 rides ( mainly :D) , Samurai, Slammer (both of which I hadn't been on yet this season still!) and Saw, So once in the park and seeing that it wasn't AS busy as expected but still relatively busy we headed for Samurai, the que was advertised at 60 mins but took 20 I had a fun but pretty intense-less ride, then went to Slammer and for the first of half a dozen times at least ( and that was only when I was there from 2-7 !!) , it was down. So then walked up to Nemesis Inferno where I got a pleasing view of the geyser ( I mean the steam thing) in the Que working! . Then looked on the Que board to see Rush with a 20 minute Que so we headed over for what was more like a 40 minute Que. We then headed to try Slammer again but guess what? it was down. Luckily this time it was up quickly and we joined the que with probably a 5-10 minute wait , I was brimming with excitement as I hadn't been on Slammer in ages and as it is one of my favorite rides was just pleased to be on it . especially as the past 4/5 times I've been it's been broken. So we were sat comfortable, and raised up , there was a slight lurch at the top and then whilst up there , over the speaker came the words , Slammer is currently experiencing technical difficulties. I thought oh great it's down.... again. And then after 5 minutes we were brought down. we then had to sit for another 10 minutes till an engineer came to free us , one test run and then we were back on. This breakdown had erased all hopes of doing Nemesis, Stealth, Colossus and Saw. Once again we walked up to Nemesis Inferno , which apparently was a 50 minute que and I would bet my house it wasn't and was much longer , so didn't risk it. Stealth apparently had a 45 minute Que. So with lots to do and little time to do it in we went to Colossus and Que'ed whatever, it turned out to be 45 minutes and whilst on I was about to blow up as we reached the top , Saw, which had been the main reason to visit as my company hadn't ridden before, was broken down , with a car full of people stuck on the MCBR. So with a now less-enjoyable ride on Colossus we got off to see Saw motionless. it was about quarter to 6 now and I had planned to go and ride Vortex or Detonator at this time but chose not to risk missing out on Saw. So we hung around and luckily it started testing again but with only 6 cars this time. All day the Que for Saw was 50 minutes whenever I saw it and it was now up to 70 , nevertheless we entered and had what has to be my worst ride on Saw to date. The Que, despite only 6 cars being on the track moved surprisingly quickly, but in the Saw building I was SO SO SO disappointed , my friend was poo'ing herself and I couldn't wait to see her reaction to the shotgun , but first of all , they now join you with the fastrack que further up so we completely missed the shotgun but also the fantastic booming bass of Jigsaw is completely turned down meaning the inside section is completely atmosphere-less and makes it impossible to hear him. Then I was sent to row 4 , I was sort of happy as after 6 rides I still hadn't ridden the back row. I was also hoping Jigsaw's speech would give my friend that little bit more fear as well ;) . Then we went round , the blades looked dull and wernt anywhere near as bright or intimidating as before and then there was no blood or noise from the body! From then on I realised how much better Saw is at the front , I really was so disappointed in the back.Theres a few things I've forgotten since yesterday but that's the , rather lengthy , jist of my day.OverallHad a good day but some little things need to be sorted outGoodThorpe park handled a large amount of people better than I've ever seen before , Hats off to themBadThey closed the Saw Que before 7 , which had I done what I was planning and done another ride first before I went back to it , would have been beyond livid. Again on Saw , I would say at least one in ever 2 cars there was a single rider , probably even more than that , and also on the Single rider thing , Samurai is desperate for it!! , it wouldn't be hard to add it in as the riders are pre-batched and they could be added in to the mix easily , but EVERY single ride there was at least 2/3 empty seats!! which was very annoying as you will have guessed :D .

Thorpe park handled a large amount of people better than I've ever seen before , Hats off to them

This is the main thing that I have noticed this year. Thorpe Park seemed to have improved considerably in running rides, and generally managing a large gate-figure well.

Yeah I agree ^ Not meaning to favour any rides... but Inferno especially has just been awesome! They've been sending trains as the train before just hits the brakes which really is amazing! Its a very fast moving queue as well and always seems to move a lot faster than the Colossus's for some reason.

Yeah I agree ^ Not meaning to favour any rides... but Inferno especially has just been awesome! They've been sending trains as the train before just hits the brakes which really is amazing! Its a very fast moving queue as well and always seems to move a lot faster than the Colossus's for some reason.

Not 100% sure about this, but you said "Nemesis Inferno is dispatching trains before the break run". I think this is the reason why Colossus is slower as you have to wait for it to go into the break run as Colossus can stall on the turn by Rush before the last barrel roll.

Yeah thats true. Well its just in general Inferno seems to be a faster moving queue, just seems to despatch trains faster. It was only once or twice I saw the train leave as the train before was pulling into the brakes, but the Inferno ride team always seem to be putting their full into ensuring the queues move quickly.

So you got given a crap setting on Samauri, you had to wait ages for Slammer to actually work (and when it did it broke down on you), Saw was broken for a while meaning you had to wait for it to re-open, the effects in the Saw queueline weren't working, and neither were the ones on the actual ride...If I paid money for a day out like that then I wouldn't be particularly impressed! ;) But no, I agree about Nemesis Inferno; it is always a very fast moving queue due to its quick dispatching. It's brilliant to hear that the effects on NI are fixed too!

Ha , when you put it like that it doesn't sound to great does it? ;)and yes I was impressed with the Inferno crew , not that I went on but I remember , even when I was just briefly in it's area looking around and seeing it going , and then 30 seconds later , the other one was barely in the brakes and already it was halfway up the lift. I wish they would somehow manage to do that on Colossus.

First time I haven't been straight in and first on saw but the rides we got in:Nemesis inferno x4 (small queues and we needed to look for my phone I lost on ride after as well so we got 2 rides in just before 7, didn't find my phone though ;) )Colossus x2Saw x1Stealth x2Detonater x1Vortex x1Samurai x1Slammer x2Rush x2Tidal wave x1

BadAgain on Saw , I would say at least one in ever 2 cars there was a single rider , probably even more than that , and also on the Single rider thing , Samurai is desperate for it!! , it wouldn't be hard to add it in as the riders are pre-batched and they could be added in to the mix easily , but EVERY single ride there was at least 2/3 empty seats!! which was very annoying as you will have guessed ;) .

ive alway's thought samurai needs single rider, there is usually at least 3-4 free seats every time

The thing is once Thorpe stop doing single rider on a ride you'll suddenly find there are LOADS of free seats on the ride whilst there never seeemed to be free seats when the ride didn't have single rider. Dunno how but it seems to be that way ;)

I think they should add SRQ too all the 'extreme thrill' rides.. exept tidal and X.

Yea I was thinking that. But like it wouldn't be TOO difficult to add in a path or even use the fastrack Que for it. To be honest , it wouldn't be THAT hard to add single rider Que's into the majority of rides, Rush for example , a Que, I would guess, could just be added in , next to or near abouts where the fastrack que is. Same with Vortex.Edit: woops didnt see there was another page , this was in response to rossafc about Samurai single rider.But yea all of the main rides should have single rider Ques.Also Tidal wave's single rider , when it had it , was brilliant , it was separate to the fastrack que and everything and there was always spare seats , can't see why they got rid of that one at all to be honest.

I swear though that the time taken to find a single rider and put them on the train takes a long time- possibly reducing efficency?On Stealth for example, more often than not they don't realise that there's space for a single rider until everyone's on the train; a member of the ride team raises their hand, and it take a good 10-15 seconds for the person to get on. I personally don't think single rider adds much to efficency... but I may be wrong