Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I went yesterday, sorry for no real trip report but queues were horrendous averages were about...Saw - 100 minsColossus - 100 minsLoggers - 40 minsStealth - CLOSED from 10.30amInferno - 80minsRush - 60 minsSlammer - 50 minsSamurai - 50 minsFlying Fish - 20 minsX/: WTF??? - 50 minsRumba Rapids - 40 minsSIATC - 20 minsAlive - 60 minsDetonator - 50 minsRidecountStealth - 6Inferno - 1 Alive - 1Fish - 1 Loggers -1 Rush - 1Samurai - 1SIATC - 1Time Voyagers - 1Easily the worst trip I've had at Thorpe by far! I got the same amount of rides in the first 30 mins than the rest of the day.

Went on Sunday, it was not nearly as busy as ive heard it to be in the past 2 weeks but still the high q's were:Saw:60 minsSaw Alive:80 minsColossus:70 minsBut being in a group of nine I still had an amazing time, cant be bothered to do a whole report so here's the RC:Saw-1Colossus x2Saw Alive-1Rumba Rapids-1Nemesis (FR)-1X/: No Way Out-5..and quantum, zodiac, vortex(high swing), Loggers, teacups and rush x1 eachBy the looks of that we got on every available ride that day apart from tidal wave, but we went in the splash zone though :) Chris

I went today (Tuesday) and it was great! Complete opposite to what Annual Pass Day was like!Nice weather, all rides were working, no breakdowns from what I saw, Stealth opened about 10:20am (I got the first ride ;)) and it stayed open during the whole day!Colossus (2 trains) had a 30min queue but was like 5min later. Inferno (2 trains) had a 15min queue but was 5min later. Stealth (1 train) was a average 30min queue for most of the day.I would say the crowds were average today as no queue got over 30min for me.Nice to finally have a decent visit for once, last one was back in November ;)

Had an unexpected trip with the family today. Their reasoning was because I needed a break from the stress of exams, yet I've only had 1 mock exam. Still got 20-odd to come. :/ Anyways, was very busy. However, generally the park was very good. Will post a more in depth report later, kinda busy at the mo. ;)

went on 23rd April, there were about 15 of us so we did not get on loads and the plan was to leave at 2 so we could go meet up with other people at hampton pool.Rides:InfernoStealthX/WTFColossusSaw the ridetidal wave slammerrushQueues:saw 50 mins to 70minsstealth 20mins to 50 minsinferno 20 to 40 minsColossus 60 minsflats 10 to 40 minswater rides 20 minsto 50 minsit was quite busy for a week day but also very funny in the queuelines so it was okay in the end.

This is the first time I've been completly on my own today.RC:Stealth x11Inferno x6 (2 Front + Train to myself)Colossus x3 (1 Front) (+ Evac which I got to see the manternence area from another point-of view + Priority pass which lead to a second front row on Inferno with no queue)Det x4Rush x7Vortex x1Saw x1 (Final car of the day + having that car completly to myself, which makes it REAL slow + It was nice to see a UV light replaced in the seringes)Saw Alive x1 (Much more consistant today, effects were about right, the jigsaw pre-show simply replaced by the security woman speaking was probally for the better)Samurai x1Slammer x1Fish x1X x1Loggers x139 rides. Thats better. Queues were just timed well. From what I saw they were about average for a 9.30 - 6.00 day.

Very good trip to thorpe today...Few things I noticed!Hi to Josh C!Colossus- Its so quiet and smooth now, it sounds like its new, not sure whats happened!Reliability - Fantastic, only ride I saw go down was Stealth for no longer than 10 / 15 minsQueues - Good, park was reasonably busy but queues were kept down by staff working hardSaw Alive - New music inside, sounds pretty goodInferno - Mist seems to have kind of died, shame hope its fixed soonRide count:Stealth - 3 (2 front) - Amazing ride :)Colossus 2Detonator 2CCR 2Quantum 1Slammer 1Rush 1Fish 1Carousel 1Inferno 1

I twas with the Simps yesterday and have to back up all his comments. Thorpe's reliability has gone from bloody awful to fantastic and I no longed visit in fear of just how many rides won't be open in the day. Notice how quiet the reliability topic has been off late... They've got their acts together in such a big way and when even people like me, old fogies who can't wait to have a moan, are satisfied you know the park are doing something right.Considering queues were long(ish) we rode Stealth twice on the front row.. basically because I'm actually scared of it. I dunno what it is about it but it terrifies me more then any other ride.

Glad to actually hear Thorpe Park is, finally, getting some good reliability.It has been a long time since I have been visiting Thorpe Park where there hasn't been at least one ride closure, so hopefully that will change!

basically because I'm actually scared of it. I dunno what it is about it but it terrifies me more then any other ride.

At least you will actually go on it Mark! ;):)

Hi to Josh C!

Hi! ;) Sorry about the whole random asking if it was you. I saw you in the AP queue and then on Inferno and curiosity got the better of me. I'll eventually put a DP of myself on here. :P

I twas with the Simps yesterday and have to back up all his comments.

Ah, it was you. Weren't 100% sure, so didn't ask so I didn't make an idiot of myself. :PAnyways, I also went yesterday - obviously. I do have to agree with Marc and Mark here. It was fantastic! I only saw Stealth down in the morning at opening for about 15 minutes, and it was testing during that time. Considering it was a bank holiday, queues were rather good. Longest I saw was about 60-70 minutes for Colossus; I did leave at 2:30 though. Staff were rather energetic and added to the experience of the day, which was great. Little grumbles. Inferno mist effect in the tunnel isn't as full on. Thing is, a couple of seasons ago, I wouldn't have grumbled about the mist - at least it would have been there - so it is only a little grumble at the mo. Rumba Rapid effects. Only one sprinkler on at the finale and that was it. Terrible. You get more wet in Time Voyagers now!Ride Count:Inferno x1Detonator x2Rumba Rapids x2Stealth x1Teacups x1Loggers Leap x1Saw Alive x1Saw - The Ride x1CCR x1Flying Fish x3 circuits (1 ride)Vortex x1Rush x1As said, for a bank holiday, going from 9:30-2:30, that was rather good.One thing though Marc, how'd you know there's new sounds in Alive if your Ride Count says you didn't do it? :)

I also went yesterday, I Agree, I think that Thorpe Parks reliability has improved a lot this year.The queues were shorter than I thought they would be on a bank holiday.Ride Count:SAW Alive x 1SAW The Ride x 1Stealth x 5 Nemesis Inferno x 2Colossus x 1Rumba Rapids x 2Loggers Leap, Flying Fish, Depth Charge, Rush, Slammer x 1

I left the park today a very happy customer :) The park wasn't crowded at all - the longest queue I witnessed was for Samurai, at 45mins. Stealth, Colossus and SAW: The Ride were averaging around 30-40 mins, Inferno stayed around 15-20, and the flats were around 5 mins all day. Good timing and a bit of luck meant that we never queued for more than 30 mins for anything, even with front row on most rides.Ride reliability was great! I noticed that Colossus was down for a short while during the afternoon, but it was up and running again in no time so nothing to complain about there.Saw Alive was FAR better than my previous 'rides', there was more than one actor per room and they have obviously been perfecting their skills in there.The vast mojority of the staff were fantastic, and all working really hard to reduce the already short queues, except on Stealth where the loading area was basically a free for all.Ride CountSAW: The Ride - 3SAW: Alive - 2Inferno - 2Colossus - 1X:\NWO - 1Stealth - 1Detonator, Rush, Slammer, Vortex, Quantum, Rumba - 1In response to Marc's comment, I too found Colossus to be smooth and fairly quiet! When did that change??? When I was there about a month ago it was rough as hell!I'm so happy that they've sorted out their little problems. Well done Thorpe, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...