Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Any reports for today?

Alive - 2 - dead good - the freezer room was well good - there was the steam room with VERY heavy fog you could only see a metre or 2 in front of you, the weird guy chained to the thing in the middle could come from nowhere it was like D:Sam - 1 - still my fave flatLoggers - 1 - no queue but this CrAzY girl organising the queue lines told us off for going in the fastrackentrance when there was no queue so I was like... right.Nemesis - 20 min queue - they finally had the steam effect working on the top on the volcanoRapids - 1 - yay got a boat to ourselves and didnt have to make awkward convo with any working class folkStealth - 2 - it opened an hour late and we got there just as it opened so like 10 min wait. we then went single rider and got on in 5 min.Saw - 0 - we went up the fastrack queue line and they said no single riders no more - so rather awkward walking back down the stairs with everyone stairing at you ¬_¬Quantum - 3 - woooo very underestimated and lots of droppy tummy funny feeling if I can call it that, I never know what the technical term isSlammer - 1 - standardly only a 10 minute queue and always fun to let go and just diiiive ( :then the queues got busy so we were like allow and we went to the arcade, I won 5 keyrings and errrrrrm spent a few quid toofinally got our rears up and headed for Alive again and it was poo second time round cos we caught up with another group (I was at the front this time) and then this *curse word* of a 25 year old man wouldnt MOOOOVE!!! GAAAAAAAAAH!!! *shoots him*so that ruined the experience cos all the actors went for the group in front as we dribbled along behind.we waited just over an our for the second timeby now it was 4:00 so we went on quantum again, easy 5 - 10 min queue, then a female sicked on it so we waited 10 mins for them to clear it up so we were 10 mins late for leaving...all in all, better than I expected but I just wanted to go on SAW really...everywhere is repainted and much mroe colourful to add to the overall retheme which was well needed, shame the theme's childish and chavy. also the vortex restraints are now dark blue which is miles better than that ghastly pink. : D

Rapids - 1 - yay got a boat to ourselves and didnt have to make awkward convo with any working class folkSaw - 0 - rather awkward walking back down the stairs with everyone stairing at you ¬_¬Quantum - 3 - woooo very underestimated and lots of droppy tummy funny feeling if I can call it that, I never know what the technical term is - (Airtime)shame the theme's childish and chavy. - (Shouldn't be too hard for you to relate to then)

Do you Actually want to pull your head out of your arse just for a few moments, you stuck up n**bI'm pretty sure your no more better off than anyone else at the park.

Loggers - 1 - no queue but this CrAzY girl organising the queue lines told us off for going in the fastrack entrance when there was no queue so I was like... right.

The staff have been having many problems with that this season. In the end, it's a simple thing of making it easier for them. After all, it's not that hard to walk an extra 20 odd steps, is it?

Nemesis - 20 min queue - they finally had the steam effect working on the top on the volcano

It shocks me how many people call it steam! :P Surely that would hurt just a little? :P

Rapids - 1 - yay got a boat to ourselves and didnt have to make awkward convo with any working class folk

Do you like to act better than others? You seem to look down at people, yet you don't seem much different to them.

Went today (14th) and ride reliability was pretty poor at the start of the day. Me and my mates headed straight for SAW but they turned us away saying it wqas testing. So we headed straight to Colossus we were just about to get on but the second car stopped working so we had to wait about 20 minutes for it. We then headed for SAW which it said had a 30 minute queue but we ended up queueing for over an hour(I really hate the saw queue despite the great themeing). Next we headed for Inferno, which again stated a queue time of 30 minutes but the second car had to be removed so the usually very fast queue seemed to last forever. Stealth was also broken untill 5:30 so I didn't manage to get a ride. Other than that, after Nemesis and stealth and good day. Unfortuanatly I still haven't been in Saw Alive, but I look forward to it.

Its called mist. It's quite simple.I also love how you have just decided to dismiss both mine and JoshC's. posts about your rudeness

The matter has been dealt with and he is clearly trying to rectify his mistakes by making grammatically correct posts.I really can't be bothered to write a trip report for today, but.Negatives:
  • Saw: The Ride was late opening and had problems later on in the day
  • Stealth did not open until about 4PM
  • The park must have had a high gate figure today
  • Rush queue-board said 75 mins at one point
  • Colossus reached 2 hours and 20 mins.
  • Staff had no idea what is going on with the Merlin annual pass drink capsules.
  • KFC queue was reaching the entrance
Positives:
  • Saw Alive was brilliant today with lots of actors and effects used. The actor from the first room stalked us into the second room and really changed the whole feel of the 2nd room.
  • Tv monitors were in operation finally, displaying some quirky tongue-in-cheek phrases.
  • The Naughty but Nice Ice cream shop in Canada Creek FINALLY HAD FORKS. (My past two visits I got pancakes from there and had to try and eat them with plastic spoons!)
Ride count: Chief Ranger's Carousel X2Rumba Rapids X1Saw Alive X2Stealth X1Storm in a teacup X3Vortex X1Queues were very short for the first hour which I missed out on because I was trying to find the person I was meant to be with for the day. :P

What's the deal with the drink capsuals then?Thanks for the mini-trip report btw

The capsules are available from:LEGOLAND Windsor - Pit Stop CafeAlton Towers Resort - Annual Pass RoomChessington - Sweet ShopTHORPE PARK - Gift Shop in the domeWarwick Castle - Coach HouseThe capsules are £10 and allow unlimited fountain drink refills until 31 December 2010 at 'refill stations' located at the attractions above only, subject to attraction opening dates/times. These capsules are silver/grey and have been made specifically for Merlin Annual Passholders - therefore the 20% discount is not available on them - they will be sold for £10 each.To purchase the capsule, you will need to collect a voucher from the Annual Pass processing locations at the attractions. Sale is limited to 1 per passholder/household. Vouchers will be distributed upon purchase/renewal of an Annual Pass. Vouchers are valid until 30th April 2010.

^Why would an AP holder need a voucher to get one when they already have proof that they own an AP... :P

It's a very good deal but the way they have run it and 'advertised' it is poor.The vouchers were supposed to be handed out when people re-new their annual passes. Nobody I know had been given these vouchers on renewal of the pass and I hadn't received one either. I'm guessing the offer is only available for those who have renewed their pass this season before 30th April? It's a very good deal but the way they have run it and 'advertised' it is poor. Edited by Ryan

So people who already have AP's but don't need to renew them before May now aren't allowed to get them?Boooo. :P

When getting my voucher they didn't even ask for my annual pass and when purchasing the drink they checked to see that it was still in-date. It's worth a shot with most staff members not knowing what to do with the capsules.

^^ So it has to be renewed in April?? :P Or have I completely misunderstoof

Vouchers are valid until 30th April 2010.

From Merlin annual pass Official's Facebook page.They say you get these vouchers when renewing your pass, I didn't get a voucher then, but I went to the annual pass hut yesterday and asked for one, they gave me a voucher after trying to work out what I meant. They did not check my annual pass when isuing the voucher

Well that sucks, trying to work out if it's worth unlimited drinks for the year or an extra month on my AP :P

If you are visiting any of the following attractions before the end of April: LEGOLAND Windsor Alton Towers Resort Chessington THORPE PARK Warwick Castle Just ask for a voucher in the annual pass issue spots. If not, then it might be worth emailing merlin.annualpass@merlinentertainments.biz. and explaining the issue to them and see what they suggest.

Thanks :P I will try both of those things, visiting Chessington on Monday, so fingers crossed all goes well.

You're welcome :P What is really needed is a strong statement from Merlin explaining the whole situation, to staff members and customers.Anyway, let's get back on topic :P

Went today. Was rather annoyed with my friends who all eventually bailed out on me (some even bailing out when I was at the park), leaving me by myself. :P However, it didn't deter me as I knew there was a strong possibility it will be the last time I go before my GCSEs go in full swing. Got there at about 9:20 and the gates opened about 5 minutes later. Head over to Inferno for its first circuit and got 3 rerides straight away. Fantastic! Headed over to Detonator and got on that's first circuit as well. Did Rumba Rapids with 2 rerides. Headed over to Stealth, used the SRQ - I was too lazy to walk into the queue - and was eventually told after a minute or two to just find somewhere to go as there was little queue. Got on, sat down and it was broken down. Waited a couple of minutes and couldn't be bothered to wait any more, so left.Headed over to Loggers Leap and got a good ride on that. Wandered over to Saw Alive, there was about a 15 minute queue, so decided to grab the opportunity whilst it was there. Queue was moving much slower today. Was right at the back thankfully. Not much better really. More info in its own topic, but it suits the 2/10 I had gave it. Did Flying Fish once afterwards. Moved back over to CC and had to goes on Rocky Express. Was half-12ish so had lunch, followed by 2 goes on CCR. I then thought I saw Mike Vallis (general manager) and asked if it was him - which it was. He's a very nice guy and seems like a great GM for the park. I asked to have a photo with him, and the other guy he was with took the photo. Not knowing who he was, he asked if I wanted a photo with him, and I said no (I thought he was joking as I thought he was an ordinary person) and then Mr Vallis said he was a very important person for the park also. Felt like a bit of a snob and an idiot and - regrettable - didn't get a photo with the other person. The most annoying thing is, I can't remember his name!! :P Then had a little chat about TPM and RG, and that was that. He also asked for me not to post the picture of FB, which is perfectly understandable. Headed over to Time Voyagers and did that. Amazingly, you get wetter on that now then you do on Rumba Rapids. Did the Fish 2 more times. Wandered round the park, refusing to do any of the long hour+ queues myself. Did Rocky Express and CCR once and wandered round the park again, eventually deciding to do Flying Fish again. By this time, queues were ridiculously high. Saw and Colossus had their queues overflowing, Inferno on all of its extensions open, and Stealth huge. Alive's queue was full. All the flats were an hour+. Was about to head home, but had a random spur of the moment, and did Depth Charge with a 20min queue. That ended the day for me.Overall, a relatively good day for the park. Being by myself gave me more chance to just look at the park and detach myself from any enjoyment form company. I realise just how on form the park is. Granted, I dislike the rebrand, but the park is still very good this season. Ride Count:Inferno x3Rumba Rapids x2Detonator x1Teacups x1Loggers Leap x1Saw Alive x1Rocky Express x3CCR x3Flying Fish x4 (x1 Front Row)Time Voyagers x1Depth Charge x1Ride Count 2010:Inferno x6 Rumba Rapids x5Teacups x3Stealth x1Detonator x3Mr Monkey's Banana Ride x1Loggers Leap x4CCR x5Flying Fish x6X:\WTF x2Rush x2Vortex x1SAW Alive x3Depth Charge x1EDIT:The photo of me with Mr Vallis:Posted Image