Thorpe Park Trip Reports

You can probably guess what I'm about to say: Flat won't do. The flats have gone downhill in their overall quality, and other rides are just slipping in standard too. Samurai and Slammer were down. Slammer had two scaffolding trucks in the area. Samurai looks nearly fixed. The park has done very well this season, but it's going downhill yet again...

How can flat rides go down hill in quality? If you visit every week and re ride them all the time of course they will lose some of the effect they have on you, but there still the same ride regardless.

How can flat rides go down hill in quality? If you visit every week and re ride them all the time of course they will lose some of the effect they have on you, but there still the same ride regardless.

My grumbles were directed towards the audio. The 'overall' experience has gone downhill; at no point did I say the ride did...

Sorry, but, flat rides not being able to decrease in quality?If anything they are the ride type with the biggest variance in terms of quality due to different settings. Samurai especially, can be god awful one day but actually quite amazing another so of course they can go down in quality...

Practically all of Thorpe Park's flat rides are bare as well, so there is nothing to look at/keep you entertained other than the ride itself. Therefore the queues are usually quite miserbale, and if you don't get a good ride experience then the whole wait seems pointless.Thankfully most of Thorpe Park's flat rides are very good, so it is only really the queueing that suffers from the total lack of features/theming. But I often find that long, boring queue times are enough to put off a lot of guests anyway. Quite a shame really! The flats would really benefit from an impressive appearance and theme.Shame about the schlop pop music playing... :)

My grumbles were directed towards the audio. The 'overall' experience has gone downhill; at no point did I say the ride did...

I see my bad, I think the park wide systems had a few problems, parts of the park are with nothing atall so I suspect it will be changed back soon!

Sorry, but, flat rides not being able to decrease in quality?If anything they are the ride type with the biggest variance in terms of quality due to different settings. Samurai especially, can be god awful one day but actually quite amazing another so of course they can go down in quality...

Samurai was closed on Josh's trip, all the other flats at thorpe do not have "settings" in which the operator can change so they are just the same each and every time...

Shame about the schlop pop music playing... :)

Its a tough one tbh! It does make a nice change imo, it would be interesting to know if the GP really do like it more or if there not really to fussed.

Samurai was closed on Josh's trip, all the other flats at thorpe do not have "settings" in which the operator can change so they are just the same each and every time...

I take it the others are then decided by the engineers? Mainly thinking the Lost City ones cos they're the most likely to have varied settings... Especially Rush...

Its a tough one tbh! It does make a nice change imo, it would be interesting to know if the GP really do like it more or if there not really to fussed.

It doesn't make a nice change when you dislike the music... Ok same could be said of the themed music but hey, at least it's making it a THEME park...

In Lost City I'd be pleased if the music stays different. The ambient is horrible and dull and makes a rather "sweaty" atmosphere, which is uncomfortabe in queues and a hot park. Rather than general Pop/R'n'B though, I'd much rather a defined tracklist and for the audio coverage to be better with high level speakers. They need some 'feel good' songs (not general current songs) instead of comforming music that gives the park a stereotype of 'chavvyness'. I used to love special launch speils, but to be honest they just waste seconds on every cycle that could be put to getting another ride in per hour. I'd probally say the same for Inferno's area. Its so dull. Every other area though... Theme music.

I take it the others are then decided by the engineers? Mainly thinking the Lost City ones cos they're the most likely to have varied settings... Especially Rush...

Indeed, Rush can have its number of powered swings set by engineers, Quantum used to have before the ends were removed (Setting 4 used to be so amazing =D!) but now only runs setting 2 and of course Slammer can be put on 2 rotations each way but unless the parks super busy dont think things like that are changed too often.

It doesn't make a nice change when you dislike the music... Ok same could be said of the themed music but hey, at least it's making it a THEME park...

A question put to them at behind the loops a couple of years ago was regarding this, they dont really consider the park a "Theme" park. Saying that ive been to towers and they have normal music on rides quite alot it seems too.

A question put to them at behind the loops a couple of years ago was regarding this, they dont really consider the park a "Theme" park. Saying that ive been to towers and they have normal music on rides quite alot it seems too.

I realise this, and have done for a while, and it greatly annoyed me at Towers' Scarefest last year with the random music (though that may have been the Twilight link, I'm not sure), so I just generally dislike it, even if they had two songs I actually liked on that loop... It was too short and generally silly...Though Oblivion kept it's music <3Can't say about the other times, but it's usually changed for events only... Thorpe is trying to be very typical American Amusement Park atm, but it's not quite the same at all...

Decent day today, very busy but managed a good ride count with some selective queuing and trickery... Colossus and Inferno were on one train most of the day so had 90 min queues, but then Saw went down and pushed Inferno to 2 hours. Still managed to do pretty much everything though :)

Bloody retarded having 1 train op with queues... but...I don't know why, but I always get the impression that they lower capacity on rides to control crowds? For example, if they know a major coaster isn't ready from the word go. Thorpe's a tight park at the best of times, so how do you control people? Keep them in queues. Makes logical sense to me. Just trying to make sense of what always looks like crap operations...

To be honest, as a park they are dreadful at crowd control. Thousands of customers are held out the front jammed in to those ridiculous temporary fences, then when you're let in the rides are running at reduced capacity. Only when it gets super busy they decide to add another train, which takes AGES making the queues even longer! Surely it would be common sense to add another train whilst it's not too busy, that way everyone is happy and the queues are kept as short as possible!That's interesting that you say they might be trying to keep people out of the rest of the park to controll where people are :) But really? Would you do that to your customers?

When your customers are like the majority of Thorpe's, it doesn't surprise me. The park knows it makes sense to have 2 trains on and then take them off rather than have one on and build a queue and then put it on making it even longer, why it doesn't do it, well the crowd control explanation sounds plausible, if not slightly cynical.Who remember's during Stealth's construction?"Stealth will have 3 trains so it will always be able to run at maximum capacity.":)

Both rides were on 2 trains by 10:30 / 11:00 max...

To be honest, as a park they are dreadful at crowd control. Thousands of customers are held out the front jammed in to those ridiculous temporary fences, then when you're let in the rides are running at reduced capacity. Only when it gets super busy they decide to add another train, which takes AGES making the queues even longer! Surely it would be common sense to add another train whilst it's not too busy, that way everyone is happy and the queues are kept as short as possible!

If the ride is ready to run on one train does it make sense to open it on one train, or open it late on two? From a guest POV id say it looks alot better to have the ride openWent today, all musics back to normal but sadly the links having a few problems, it was stuttering park wide so I&#39;m sure its somthing what will be fixed soon.All rides ran well, come to think of it I didnt actually see one shutdown all day.. Would like to shout out to Colossus staff , its not a easy ride to run at the best of times but was run very well today, a almost full q, with fastrack we were on front row within around a hour so fantastic work from them. All staff were generally pretty good, also rush staff, thanks for the re-ride!Not much going on around park, Not overly busy pretty much as expected, Inferno was strangely busy at 6:00 still with half hour q, dont see that much! Ride count:Fish:1Detonator 1X: 1Colossus (Front) 1CCR: 1Samurai 1Stealth 1Rush 3

Groundhogs Just a quicky from me..Ride Count:Inferno x2Rumba Rapids x2Teacups x3Loggers Leap x3Samurai x1Rush x1Zodiac x1Depth Charge x2Flying Fish x5CCR x1X:\WTF x1 (Front row x1)Good Points:All audio back to normal. Smell gone from Loggers post-cave.Stealth opened in the afternoon. (Though had been testing a lot in the morning).Inferno on 2 trains in the morning - thank you! :(All 3 two train coasters on 2 trains.Saw opening on time (I think).Rumba waterfall working again.Rerides.Staff member on Teacups, who I ALWAYS forget the name of, being epic again by spinning the cups. :blink:Bad Points:Slammer and Tidal down. (Any ride down is a bad point). No work seemed to be done on them all day.No effects on Inferno. Missed out on Vortex due to someone being epicly sick. X closed down for a bit (just after I'd got off, so not too bad).BBQ wasn't how I remembered it. :(Little point; you take bags on X now. Seems a bit silly to me to be honest...Also, do believe I saw Ryan and James (?) in the Samurai queue today. Hi. :(Well done to Thorpe for sorting out things, especially to two train thing, which I really did hate, as well as getting Stealth running.

Groundhogs Just a quicky from me..Ride Count:Inferno x2Rumba Rapids x2Teacups x3Loggers Leap x3Samurai x1Rush x1Zodiac x1Depth Charge x2Flying Fish x5CCR x1X:\WTF x1 (Front row x1)Good Points:All audio back to normal. Smell gone from Loggers post-cave.Stealth opened in the afternoon. (Though had been testing a lot in the morning).Inferno on 2 trains in the morning - thank you! :(All 3 two train coasters on 2 trains.Saw opening on time (I think).Rumba waterfall working again.Rerides.Staff member on Teacups, who I ALWAYS forget the name of, being epic again by spinning the cups. :blink:Bad Points:Slammer and Tidal down. (Any ride down is a bad point). No work seemed to be done on them all day.No effects on Inferno. Missed out on Vortex due to someone being epicly sick. X closed down for a bit (just after I'd got off, so not too bad).BBQ wasn't how I remembered it. :(Little point; you take bags on X now. Seems a bit silly to me to be honest...Also, do believe I saw Ryan and James (?) in the Samurai queue today. Hi. :(Well done to Thorpe for sorting out things, especially to two train thing, which I really did hate, as well as getting Stealth running.

Yeah it was us, HEY :(

Went with college today and we where really shocked at how bus it was considering it is now term time, anyways we arrived late and left early :SWe all had a really gd day, the Saw Maze was absolutely brillaint today totally scared the Shhh out of me, I'm not usually that easily scared either but the effects and the actor/s where amazing and they where relentless they even followed me into other rooms ( I was at the back)Rides:SawSaw AliveRushLoggers LeapColossus(We where about to ride Smaurai just before leaving the park untill it broke down, which dissapointed me as I really wanted to experience the ride but oh well)Overall we had a really good day and I think the park is looking mainly on the up, Zodiac needs to have something done with it atm, it looks so out of place and with the colours on it., they need to theme it accordingly with the other rides, the wasps where a real nuissence all day, I was suprised Octopus gardens had been closed already, I was dissapointed that both slammer and tidal wave where down.