Music Genre?

Cringle

What Style of Music Tickles Your Fancy?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What Style of Music Tickles Your Fancy?

• Rock
    • Indie
    • Metal
    • Heavy Metal
    • Pop
    • Dance/Trance
    • House/ Garage
    • Emo/ Screamo
    • Rap
    • R&B/ Soul
    • Blues
    • Reggae
    • Gospel
    • Classical
    • Soundtracks (yes, this means thorpe music)
    • Other: Explain!
    • Mixture - What ever floats me at the time.

Theres no right or wrong answer. Well there is - anyone who likes the fast food rockers has some musical issues. Opinions, respect other peoples (unless its the fast food rockers, then you can go nuts).For me its a mixture. Mainly because I listen to all styles minus Heavy Metal, R&B and Rap (some exceptions). Hows about you?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If I had to go with 1 I'd go with Indie because it's kind of half way between rock and pop so you get the best of both worlds, it's basically guitar bands with tunes! But I'm quite open to all sorts of music really, as I've grown older I've developed a more eclectic taste in music! I don't mind some dance, or even rap but it has to have a positive message, I cant stand the gangster side of rap where the lyrics are all negative and encourage violence!I also like some classical, aswell as heavy rock punk/metal, ambient electronic music is also cool! But Indie would be my 1st choice I'd say.

• 6 months later...

I'd like to think my taste is pretty eclectic, but overall it's predominantly metal. I try to stay away from metal elitism as much as possible though, and I take in most of its subgenres, except maybe nu metal. But I also indulge myself in some JME, Bloc Party, Jurassic 5, We Are Scientists, and Ramones so there's always exceptions. It's basically anything that'll make me want to move, smile, or get drunk.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My Chemical Romance annoy me because I don't even know who they are, despite owning three of their four albums. They seem incapable of being themselves on record, in their music videos and in their lyrics. I wish they'd just drop the front - it's like they're too afraid to go out in the big wide underground market without some façade on for show. And recently their music has been awful.

Recently, yeah. I like a few but not the album as a whole. The band as a whole, the oppisite of what you just said, amazing music, they inspire me. I play guitar and used to play drums, and their music gets me through the crap times in life. They ARE Good.I feel so harmed by you all.

We're friendly, really. But demanding respect for a band that isn't of much interest to the majority of the forum isn't going to serve you well. "The ARE Good." just seems ignorant to other people's opinions. Music is subjective - what you find interesting might be crap to other people. The only real cause for concern is when people can't find a decent justification for their views. And as you can see from my earlier post, my justification is more than sufficient enough to support my dislike of them, therefore I am entitled to that opinion.

Emo, really? Um today shockingly I just found out my friend used to be an emo ;) and he said the lyrics from mcr and other bands such as 30 seconds to mars got him through that, MCR - I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone, Emo Much?Teenagers is amazing, and so are all their other songs "tbh".Recently, yeah. I like a few but not the album as a whole. The band as a whole, the oppisite of what you just said, amazing music, they inspire me. I play guitar and used to play drums, and their music gets me through the crap times in life. They ARE Good.I feel so harmed by you all.

You feel "harmed" (yes, I too can use punctuation to mock what people say,babes) because we said we don't like a band that you like? People's opinions differ, so maybe just accept our opinions as we have done to yours :)