New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

So how many people per Phone. I bring my phone to theme parks like Thorpe Park but I don't want to spend all day reserving rides when I can be spending more times with friends and family.

There in lies a potential social issue, but then again, given the state of the modern world anyway, I don't think people will really care about it...

Besides, plenty of time to talk when waiting for the ride as you find something to do to pass the time until you can actually do something...

RnR works so well in large groups each person could book a ride ect group of 6 if everyone has a device that can connect online it makes RnR possibly the best system at any park 

Ahh, so it's only good because there's a good exploit for people to use, rather than it actually being useful...

Much like the old style Tussauds Fastrack, where any barcode would provide you a ticket...

RnR works so well in large groups each person could book a ride ect group of 6 if everyone has a device that can connect online it makes RnR possibly the best system at any park

The park have made it clear if caught doing that you could be removed from the park for queue jumping though.

So basically you like the system because it can be used and abused. You don't like it for its actual purpose.

If thorpe continue with RNR and remove the glitches I know everyone's opinions on it will change immediately when the system is devised for its proper use and cannot be abused.

The park have made it clear if caught doing that you could be removed from the park for queue jumping though.

How would they catch you doing that? We did it at fright nights and if it hadn't been an option we would have only got on 1 maze the whole evening if that. The only reason I managed 3 mazes on fright nights is due to the system not being used to its true purpose.

How would they catch you doing that? We did it at fright nights and if it hadn't been an option we would have only got on 1 maze the whole evening if that. The only reason I managed 3 mazes on fright nights is due to the system not being used to its true purpose.

No idea how they will know - but if you are caught and thrown out you wouldnt have much argument against it.

They have no way of seeing that nor is there anything in the RnR T&C's or the Parks T&C's. Its also not in the definition of queue jumping so Thorpe would struggle to find a valid reason. If they are to stop that then Thorpe will have to update their T&C's and the definition of queue jumping. Not only that but they would also have to make it so the system works by entering your bar code of your ticket on your account. However that would then mean they need 2 systems so it can allow the much longer MAP barcodes in which in turn opens an exploit as the MAP barcodes follow a pattern so finding the next code would be easy and then your back to square one. Its a system where this exploit will always exist with no easy solution. 

Really?  I didn't see it made clear anywhere, and I saw countless people doing it in front of staff, who didn't seem to mind.  In fact I don't recall seeing it on any of the RNR advertising.

Wish they'd just scrap the whole idea.

Jamie, the staff aren't anything to go by. They were as clueless as to what the system was as most of the guests on park.

Some of the staff decided it would be better called "Ride and Reserve" so I heard that name fly round a fair few times during the day even though that makes no sense whatsoever.

Really? I didn't see it made clear anywhere, and I saw countless people doing it in front of staff, who didn't seem to mind. In fact I don't recall seeing it on any of the RNR advertising.

Wish they'd just scrap the whole idea.

I Maybe wrong but I'm sure I saw it stated somewhere! Maybe Twitter.

Arh twitter the most official platform to convey a message. I'm sure every single guest would have seen the tweet saying that. If they only mentioned it via twitter then what did they expect. If there is an exploit people will use the exploit. If they think that a small bit of text is going to stop someone from saving massive amounts of their time then they really are stupid. RnR doesn't work, can never work. It was poorly executed on the trials, the staff don't know what it is, the guests don't know what it is. As a result those who did understand got a great day and now love the system despite there day was only good because it disadvantaged everyone else. Only 1 trail has even come close to how the system will work and that was the fright night saturday. To which everyone who used the system thought it was stupid as they had to wait 5 hours virtually (plus the physical wait) making it impossible to do all 5 mazes unless you cheated or waited for another maze while the system was in use.  

Arh twitter the most official platform to convey a message. I'm sure every single guest would have seen the tweet saying that. If they only mentioned it via twitter then what did they expect. If there is an exploit people will use the exploit. If they think that a small bit of text is going to stop someone from saving massive amounts of their time then they really are stupid. RnR doesn't work, can never work. It was poorly executed on the trials, the staff don't know what it is, the guests don't know what it is. As a result those who did understand got a great day and now love the system despite there day was only good because it disadvantaged everyone else. Only 1 trail has even come close to how the system will work and that was the fright night saturday. To which everyone who used the system thought it was stupid as they had to wait 5 hours virtually (plus the physical wait) making it impossible to do all 5 mazes unless you cheated or waited for another maze while the system was in use.

Why would the park continue to invest money and resources into this if it was as bad as you make out?

I'm sure they have a much better idea of where they are with this that you imply.

They can't very well promote not using the loophole as all that would serve to do bring to the attention of people that the loophole exists and they'd use it.

The loophole needs fixing, your reservation needs to be linked to your admission ticket somehow. It really is criticality flawed at the moment.

I agree, maybe the ticket is key!

LC, it's no use saying R&R will never work, because they obviously have reason to believe it will in the future. You repeat your same argument over and over and exaggerate every point you make. You hate the system, we get that, but Thorpe Park aren't going to read your posts and decide to scrap the entire thing.

The trouble with linking the system with admission tickets is that it makes the whole thing more complicated, more laborious and makes the system more prone to faults.  Sure, it stops abuse of the system, but it makes the system much worse.  

I guess that is the biggest flaw with the system:  It's either too easy to abuse it, or it's too overwhelming to make it worthwhile.  Hopefully they can find some form of middle ground, as I expect the park are fully aware of this.

I think it's worth saying though that you don't need to abuse the system to get the most out of it.  When I went to Fright Nights, in about 5 hours, I got all 5 scare attractions done, as well as Swarm, along with time for a quick break.  Given that it was a rather busy day, I don't think I'd have gotten all that done normally (indeed, back in 2012, I got 2 mazes done in 4 hours before giving up with the rest of the park and leaving, questioning if the 200 mile round trip was worth it...).

I agree, maybe the ticket is key!

LC, it's no use saying R&R will never work, because they obviously have reason to believe it will in the future. You repeat your same argument over and over and exaggerate every point you make. You hate the system, we get that, but Thorpe Park aren't going to read your posts and decide to scrap the entire thing.

I agree it could work in the future if they add more high throughput attractions as I have stated before, however at the moment the system just can't work for such a small park like thorpe park no matter how much tweaking there is.

I was there on Saturday 18th October to trial the system for fright nights, it was good at first for the first hour as no one knew about the system, however as the day progressed the virtual waits went up to 5hours with a further 2 hours standby wait after that. If we hadn't abused the system towards the beginning of the day, we wouldn't have got more than one maze done. It was truly horrific having up to 7 hours wait for one maze, even though most of that wait is virtual, it is absolutely ridiculous seeing that long queues for the mazes and they would have been a lot shorter without RNR in action that weekend.

RnR is an interesting one, I've not had too much experience with it myself - but was mildly impressed with it at Fright Nights being able to get all the mazes done within 2 hours, however did notice that once people knew about it the virtual queue times shot up like anything, so to some extent can see what people mean when they are not too encouraging towards it.

However with all it's flaws that have been pointed out to me, I can't help but feel optimistic about it when it does eventually work to how it should. 

You see I myself would then make the use of me not standing in a line to explore and enjoy the smaller things the park has to offer. Maybe try a sideshow or two - go and have a sit in the sunken gardens for when I would of been standing in a queue. Maybe even have a look at the shops and then once in a while if the queues are short enough, go and ride the smaller attractions. If they are too big I'll be content as after all without the system I would of been just standing within a queue looking at the endless about of turns and bustle of people. It just means I'll be able to do a lot more with my day and experience things I did not know I could of experienced and be more overall relaxed.

Also the other new addition of Pizza Pasta, I am extremely happy about. It's one of the restaurants I think they have done well over the Merlin Parks and personally myself and I also know a small number of friends who think it doesn't actually taste that different to Pizza Hut itself. Have been surprised myself with the amount of backlash this new addition has got with some people when I don't personally see that much of a difference other than a name change - Not as if they are opening a gourmet restaurant here! But everyone to themselves at the end of the day. Overall just some good quality pizza and now being Merlin run we get discount. It's a win win situation for me :D