Annual passes

GladiatorFanKyle

Question

19 answers to this question

When you get to the turnstiles go to the right where pushchairs and hotel guests go as well. You then hand your annual pass to a member of staff who will scan it or you just scan it yourself on a turnstile depending on the day :)

For Fright nights however you will need to buy a annual pass ticket.

EDIT: TPJames beat me to it ;) 

I didn't want to start a new topic so I shall just post it in here.

I got my annual pass in June, and even when I first got it, my picture, date of birth and expiry date al seemed quite pale/faded/not properly printed, and now, six month down the line, it is hardly visible. When using the pass in October, staff remarked how hard to see it was etc. and now I really don't think it is suitable to use, but will I have to pay to get a new one?

tl;dr- my annual pass needs to be replaced due to what seems to be the result of a dodgy printer but will it cost me money to get it replaced and if so, how much?

I didn't want to start a new topic so I shall just post it in here.

I got my annual pass in June, and even when I first got it, my picture, date of birth and expiry date al seemed quite pale/faded/not properly printed, and now, six month down the line, it is hardly visible. When using the pass in October, staff remarked how hard to see it was etc. and now I really don't think it is suitable to use, but will I have to pay to get a new one?

tl;dr- my annual pass needs to be replaced due to what seems to be the result of a dodgy printer but will it cost me money to get it replaced and if so, how much?

It costs £10 to get your pass reprinted (but I think it has to be from the place you purchased it, unless they have updated their systems now) however I would recommend explaining that it was a poor print, as if there's any decency about them they shouldn't charge you.

Was curious to know whilst on the topic of annual passes

1) I believe the January/christmas sale on passes is currently on that would allow me to get one for £99.00 if I read correctly. However, when I go through their site, they all still say the full price. Does this change as you progress further through the transaction. Don't want to be buying a full price one if I can get it in a sale.

2) Can I confirm that you can get the passes sent straight to your address. Reason being I won't be able to collect it at an attraction for some time.

Thanks guys!

I had a similar problem a few years ago - just went to the AP office and they reprinted it free of charge.  I believe a charge only applies if you lose it or damage it by your own fault.  You'll *probably* have to go to the attraction you bought it from, but no harm contacting Merlin in some way (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.) to find out if that's not convenient!

Was curious to know whilst on the topic of annual passes

1) I believe the January/christmas sale on passes is currently on that would allow me to get one for £99.00 if I read correctly. However, when I go through their site, they all still say the full price. Does this change as you progress further through the transaction. Don't want to be buying a full price one if I can get it in a sale.

2) Can I confirm that you can get the passes sent straight to your address. Reason being I won't be able to collect it at an attraction for some time.

Thanks guys!

1)  £99 is the family price, so if you're buying just an individual pass, it will be slightly more than that (£119 for Standard MAP, £149 for Premium).  It should say before you put in the the basket the sale price.  

2)  As you as you're uploading your own photo and all that, you can input the address you want it sent to during the process. 

:)

Awesome, thanks Josh! I presume the £119 is its sale price. If so, it looks likely I will get this one.

I know what the pros of the Premium pass are but for anyone who has one, would you say it is worth the extra cost. Free parking sounds nice though I would likely only need it once a year for LEGOLAND.

Awesome, thanks Josh! I presume the £119 is its sale price. If so, it looks likely I will get this one.

I know what the pros of the Premium pass are but for anyone who has one, would you say it is worth the extra cost. Free parking sounds nice though I would likely only need it once a year for LEGOLAND.

Having owned a Premium pass for 4 years now, I can say it's better than Standard & definitely worth going in for if you're likely to visit parks often.

A Premium Pass on top of a standard gives,

Free entry to fright nights & Feb half term

Free standard parking (except Legoland)

Entry to London attractions at any time (Shrek from sept though)

Privilege pack

Plus entry to castle dungeon

How on earth can a 'premium' annual pass randomly not include Legoland parkin? Mental.

These things should be 'as standard' anyway; an annual pass to Merlin attractions should provide just that, not come with a tonne of exclusions and extra charges. Sell an 'off peak' one by all means, but this is marketed all backwards and only serves to frustrate people who end up feeling ripped off whichever option they go for.

I have to be honest I wasn't too impressed with the so called sale prices this time round considering in the past I paid around £230 for 3 children and 1 disabled pass, these will now cost me upwards of £360. The fact that the renewal prices only lasted until the sale offer kicked in makes it even worse. As far as I'm concerned the lower renewal price should be discounted par for the course considering the fact that most of us have had to pay extra anyway for premium passes with regards to parking as the exclusion dates don't tend to bother us that much, same with fright nights as they normally let us have one day free/discounted entry anyway. Also it seems like too many people buy passes now and I find the parks are reaching full capacity very quickly which just has a knock on effect with regards to queue times. If it is true that even a premium pass doesn't include free Legoland parking that just rubs salt into the wound.

Dissapointing Merlin, I appreciate that over time you will have to put your prices up but for me you are making your passes less and less appealing to those that have been loyal customers down the years.

This is getting stupid. Someone said on Facebook the legoland malarkey was a typo. But still merlin could really use a kick up the backside to sort them self out. Hurry up paramount, you couldn't come sooner.

As for paige, I've found you both do not have to pay or visit your 'home' attraction to get a new pass. It was probably luck but when I lost my wallet I asked for a replacement really nicely and the guy said cos I was so polite I'd get it for free the fact a woman before me was screaming at him for a £200 refund helped a little I think.

I've found so long as you have your blue receipt you don't need to visit your home attraction, otherwise it may be necessary to.

Replacement pass - you HAVE to visit your home attraction. The systems aren't linked, they would not be able to find you on the system. Reprints are not possible.

Renewals - any attraction. They just create you as a new user.

No point asking merlin - you'd have to visit your home attraction. Unless you have a nice home attraction, such as Alton Towers, where if you ask they'll post it out for you instead.

Replacement passes for faded ink will be free of charge - they'll only ever charge you for lost passes or deliberate misuse/damage