Logger's Leap

Garyy

For me log flumes, rapids rides are the staple for any theme park, name me one theme park which doesn't have either a log flume or rapids ride...

Diggerland.

A question for people who have been to Thorpe recently. Does the stream of water work now, the water on the wooden ramp things? Sorry if I don't make much sense but I remember it being near the exit of the tunnel, where the boat goes underneath it.

Huh? It's in a terrible state at the moment. I don't mind the fact the tunnel has been taken away... In fact I quite like the small drop into the flat tunnel section (it looks much smaller from the top of the lifthill!). The half-demolished wall on the otherhand looks hideous. If it's going to go, get rid of it properly!

From the looks of it, the half demolished concrete frame acts as a retention wall. If too much of it is removed, I imagine the slopes are at risk of collapsing inwards, thus making that part of the ride a health and safety risk.

While I understand why they may have kept it, it is obviously not a pretty sight. If the need for a wall is that great, work should commence in the coming seasons to replace it entirely.

On a slightly different note, I too couldn't help notice the water flow seemed slightly faster this year. Is this correct or is it just me?

From the looks of it, the half demolished concrete frame acts as a retention wall. If too much of it is removed, I imagine the slopes are at risk of collapsing inwards, thus making that part of the ride a health and safety risk.

Yes, you'd be right there. It does look like it's flowing faster but I've only seen it from as far away as Saw, so couldn't say 100%.

• 1 month later...

We got soaked a few weeks ago, I guess it depends on the boat, and how many people are in it. The boat we had a few weeks ago had loads of water and we had 4 people in it, we got a wave over the front of the boat and the first two people at the front got a lap full of water. Other times we have been dry.

I find that the unpredictability of log flumes is what makes them so great! One ride, you could be completely dry, the next - absolutely soaked through.

Does Loggers have a bag hold now or not? Last time I went on, they told me I had to take my bag with me, and it got soaked.

I find that the unpredictability of log flumes is what makes them so great! One ride, you could be completely dry, the next - absolutely soaked through.

Does Loggers have a bag hold now or not? Last time I went on, they told me I had to take my bag with me, and it got soaked.

No it still doesn't, which is stupid. I think that all log flumes should have a baggage hold facility!

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they are planning to do something with Logger's Leap next year. Someone asked on facebook if they plan to replace the dark section and this is the response from Thorpe Park: "Glad you had fun and enjoyed X - we think it's fab too! Watch this space re. Logger's Leap... we'll let you know if we have any plans to change this for next year"

Does this hint at a full retheme/refurb or just a replacement of the tunnel?