Logger's Leap

Garyy

What I hate about loggers is the fact you have to take your bags on. It's the same as Tutuki splash at Portaventura. I hate getting my bag wet which contains my phone etc. really puts me off going on the ride in general and bag boxes are seriously needed in the station.

Pro Tip - Don't ride River Quest if that's your fear...

Of course, a waterproof bag or placing deliacte objects in those little plastic bags you get in airport security (or IKEA) are other options available...

Pro Tip - Don't ride River Quest if that's your fear...

Of course, a waterproof bag or placing deliacte objects in those little plastic bags you get in airport security (or IKEA) are other options available...

Does phantasialand have lockers like the merlin parks do? When I went to Portaventura I put my bag in the in the locker for silver river and Tutuki splash and I'm jolly glad I did. Whilst it didn't matter on silver river, when I went on Tutuki splash we got a massive wave over us on the lift hill(due to the boat infront splashing us!). If you ever plan to go on Tutuki splash, bear in mind that you could be getting soaked, before the big drop has even happened :o

On swarm there's 56 people on the ride at once and a potential 100/200 people in the station(it is really cramped sometimes). They have a bag drop which works, I don't see why loggers can't aswell.

Lol 'works'.

I'm aware of how many people are in The Swarm's station, and you yourself acknowledged the lack of space in the Loggers station effectively ruling out an option like The Swarm has so I have no idea why you even brought that up ;) Locker options are available and the best option for water rides if you don't want anything to get wet, yes I know they charge but that's another debate entirely. And a bag room is never, ever the answer. 

There is loads of room in the Loggers queueline for a bag drop, all they would have to do is cut off the ends of a few cattlepens.

But how well guests collect their bags given they exit on the other side?

Not practical for a bag room like on Swarm, Saw, Stealth and bit enough room for a bag drop like on Tidal Wave, etc.

They could just operate it like nearly every american park and have lockers outside the queueline. SFGA charged $1 for 2 hours and was done by electronic codes so people couldn't loose their keys. Cedar point operated a similar system but for $2 every 2 hours. I'm sure Thorpe would love to cash in on that idea and then they could even remove the need for the bag rooms. 

In terms of loggers, I say leave as it is. I am referring to baggage and item arrangements which I think changing it would have a massive effect on throughputs.

As for the rest, give it some TLC. Facelift the station, rebuild the tunnel, enhance the landscape, refresh the queue and if there's any possibility, try and make the ride water slightly less lake like (merky).

• 1 month later...

What I find strange is that a couple of years ago it remained open all night during Fright nights. Why the change?

H&S I think :(

Is it because Logger's hasn't got sufficient lighting, or something else? 

Yeah it's because it doesn't have lighting throughout

• 3 months later...