Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

On 5/9/2024 at 6:59 PM, JoshC. said:

I like the advert, it feels reminiscent of the Colossus and Inferno adverts specifically too.

I still find it odd they're not shouting more about it being the tallest UK coaster. That feels like something that would grab people's attention much more. But heyho, they're going a different direction with it and making that a more sideline fact. Hopefully it all works out.

We wanted to produce something very different for Thorpe Park and the response so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

The MD on LinkedIn 

5 hours ago, Benin said:

Wouldn't be a Merlin project if it was finished on time would it?

I do wonder if that will perhaps go into Johns Personal development plan for next year….. ‘Fully complete a project themeing landscaping and hardware before opening day’

1 hour ago, Benin said:

I'd like to see the unedited version.

Bet it looks just as good without the shine.

One interesting thing is that the lights have been on most nights, all the way up the lift hill!

We have an info video about opening: 

Basically there won't be any sort of rope drop; there will be a very controlled pathway to the entrance, with there being a 'holding queue' for the ride alongside the old Saw Alive pathway when the main ride queue is full.

Looks complex but probably for the best. I think one piece of concerning information was left out though…. Overnight queueing / arriving at the park super early do they have a policy or might the team wake up to a surprise number of guests when they arrive that morning??

Looks like SAW and Samurai will have delayed openings for them days then until the queue dies down. 

Fair play to Thorpe - looks very organised and looks like their best option all things considered. 

13 hours ago, Glitch said:

Looks complex but probably for the best. I think one piece of concerning information was left out though…. Overnight queueing / arriving at the park super early do they have a policy or might the team wake up to a surprise number of guests when they arrive that morning??

Depends when they open the gates. But if you're sad enough to wait overnight for this then ain't no helping those people.

Seems a sensible plan at least. Sure it'll still be utter chaos and full of entitled people. Staff will need to be on point for it to be a success.

Well done to Thorpe for setting all this up.

People are animals unfortunately, and a stampede is the last thing anyone needs.

I'll be waiting a week or two before visiting I think!

I wonder what the queue time will be on opening day?

On Friday, Hyperia took its first non-Mack riders:

Yesterday, significantly more staff were given training on how to evacuate Hyperia.

This is the state of play of the plaza as of yesterday:

The water effect tested for the first time today:

Everything is coming together and, whilst the area might not be the most glamorous-looking, and might need time to bed-in with foliage needing to grow, everything seems on track to open THIS FRIDAY.

wurp wurp wurp wurp WUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

tick, tock, tick, tock

are you ready for the drop

it's rather good, but say no more can I, finding it for yourself, will be, OH MY!

It definitely feels very down to the wire doesn't it 😬 A lot left to do in a short period!

I'm surprised the lake hasn't been re-flooded yet - I guess this will be a last minute quick job?

Still - how bloody exciting.  Can't believe this is about to open at Thorpe!

Sorry for double post - I see the Thorpe Park app now has accessibility info added for Hyperia. I appreciate people have sensory needs etc, and completely understand detailing perhaps what a scare attraction includes, or if there is haze, strobes, latex and such, and what a ride itself entails - but do we really need to be told that there will be people screaming, there will be audio announcements and that the queue line and station will have people in them? Or is this the level of stating the blooming obvious that we now have to stoop to, to cover ones corporate backside?

Better to have all the information than not.

Sensory issues are still fairly new to it all. Given the problems with RAP as well probably something that will be consistent across the board, and guess its no different to the standard safety boards stating the obvious either.

There was also a video for the Accessibility side of Hyperia. Though I do wonder why they constantly told me to scan a QR code when I was watching it on my phone.

8 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Sorry for double post - I see the Thorpe Park app now has accessibility info added for Hyperia. I appreciate people have sensory needs etc, and completely understand detailing perhaps what a scare attraction includes, or if there is haze, strobes, latex and such, and what a ride itself entails - but do we really need to be told that there will be people screaming, there will be audio announcements and that the queue line and station will have people in them? Or is this the level of stating the blooming obvious that we now have to stoop to, to cover ones corporate backside?

I heard there might also be some kind of restraint. 🫣

14 hours ago, Benin said:

Better to have all the information than not.

Sensory issues are still fairly new to it all. Given the problems with RAP as well probably something that will be consistent across the board, and guess its no different to the standard safety boards stating the obvious either.

There was also a video for the Accessibility side of Hyperia. Though I do wonder why they constantly told me to scan a QR code when I was watching it on my phone.

I feel like there must have been a bet on how many times they could say "scan" in a video.