Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

Have we heard anything from the committee about a decision?

Or are we all waiting on Jack Silkstone’s livestream to hear the news?

I checked Runnymede Borough Council’s website less than an hour ago, and nothing had been added, but that could have been changed since…

Checked that first random planning application, that didn’t change after they moved onto thorpe park. 

Waiting for Jack Silkstones stream, Twitter is a mess now.

People saying it’s been approved, running wild and saying “imagine if we see work start”

wait until it has to be referred to government.

I can’t imagine it’s been rejected, but a lot of fake news on Twitter 

This is obviously great news. As I understand it, what this now means is:

-Construction still cannot take place until the Secretary of State has made their decision 

-Thorpe directly requested the decision go to the Secretary of State, owing to the EA dragging their heels and being uncooperative

-Whatever the Secretary of State rules will be pretty much final. The EA could appeal, but as I understand it, that would be unsuccessful

-The decision from the Secretary of State seems like it could take up to 22 weeks to be reached. Including time for Christmas breaks, we're looking at mid-March 2023 at the potential latest for a decision. That assumes no delays or other things I don't know about. Obviously it could be significantly quicker though. 

Now here's the thing. If construction was due to start next month, and gets delayed until say March/April 2023, how significant will that be? Will we see the ride open summer 2024? Or even later in the year? Or do the park pull the executive decision and wait till 2025 to open it?

Good news, and I reckon it means Exodus is coming for definite. But when is the big question.

My money's on 2025 now, which will mean - finally - 2024 will see the new IP with the "Stath Lets Flats" area taking over Angry Birds land, with the long rumoured 2nd Detonator tower being installed, a record breaking 5 Frog Hoppers, a Miami, and Ramases Revenge being installed inside the 4D Cinema (it's currently in storage in one of the Shark Cabins).

When the case gets referred to the Secretary of State, it will get published on this link

So how long will it take, I’ve looked at the other planning applications which have been referred using the link provided. Just simply typed Runnymede Borough Council and it came up with all the applications. 

So how long will it take?

Well based of other applications it’s currently taking between 2 months and 6 months to approve applications (this all depends on the complexity of each individual planning application) 

This shows it could take upto half a year but definitely could be way earlier. 

Note: Rejecting a planning application is possible. The screenshots below show it has been done before403936D9-E025-4B14-8135-E10F4E601533.thumb.png.555fa37b285e26b1635eb992338943ff.pngEEB5165A-9695-4D0F-8E54-67AEC748053B.thumb.png.26be4dd95c47e4820af20b0f282043ab.png2E37487F-F637-45AD-916F-5A0631CE46A6.thumb.png.9acc9bf7b1f9ad9c1726b55aeb726214.png

4 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

My money's on 2025 now, which will mean - finally - 2024 will see the new IP with the "Stath Lets Flats" area taking over Angry Birds land, with the long rumoured 2nd Detonator tower being installed, a record breaking 5 Frog Hoppers, a Miami, and Ramases Revenge being installed inside the 4D Cinema (it's currently in storage in one of the Shark Cabins).

It's worrying that I have to double check the poster these days to see if it's an actual joke or some made up fan rumour.

I know this is sort of old news but it's pretty shocking that the Environment Agency seemingly just gave up responding etc.

The applicant shouldn't have to take it upon themselves to push it through to government level should they.

From what I've heard so far from being in the Fire Service it's a similar story. "On a different planet" has been informally used to describe them.

I don't have first hand experience, but get the impression they don't play nicely with others and their people skills leave something to be desired.

But that's none of my business

Still... Glad this project is finally going somewhere!

As things currently stand, we should have a decision by the Secretary of State within 21 days. 

Runnymede council have contracted a company to assess the EAs objections and see if the plans would meet the Law.

Runnymede council assumes that if there is no response from the SOS within 21 days, then they can proceed with detirming the application and the SOS will no longer play a part in the application.

are you going first. well I was thinking that cos you're pulling away too fast and we need to keep at the same speed. yes. this needs fix. yes well we think so but we're waiting for the last bit. but it's all steam ahead mostly. or no steam as it may be. well, we have to cut somewhere and we don't want to lose 10. let's do some Train ing yeah?

20 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Exodus ain't opening for the start of the 2024 season is it - let's be honest...

Hopefully there's a Plan B so there aren't two seasons of trying to get people through the door based on events and relocated junior rides...

Summer openings are the big thing these days so will probably just postpone it and get a new IP for Ghost Train and call it a day.

20 minutes ago, ML27 said:

The SOS has indeed changed, it is now Michael Gove. Unless civil servants are mainly in charge of the application, it’s definitely going to be delayed a bit.

Considering the country is collapsing all around us, I think I could probably live with Exodus being delayed by a few months. 

Also there has been suggestion that Exodus may be delayed, not due to planning or SOS or whatever

But Due to MACK

MACK is currently Fulfilling a big order for Universal for a duelling launched coaster for Epic Universe plus other flats, this order was put on hold and then replaced with a order for that and a spinner (some reports of a normal some of extreme) for the same park.

So there's a good chance Exodus may be moved back due to MACK's orders being moved around due to a company with more  money and scope fast tracking a order

20 minutes ago, 1729 said:

Also there has been suggestion that Exodus may be delayed, not due to planning or SOS or whatever

But Due to MACK

MACK is currently Fulfilling a big order for Universal for a duelling launched coaster for Epic Universe plus other flats, this order was put on hold and then replaced with a order for that and a spinner (some reports of a normal some of extreme) for the same park.

So there's a good chance Exodus may be moved back due to MACK's orders being moved around due to a company with more  money and scope fast tracking a order

Can't really see this happening for this reason - not only would it be just bad general business practice, but as far as Thorpe are concerned could also provide a very negative impact on their own business operation considering they're likely going to be marketing for a 2024 opening date, thus potentially also leading to a possible lawsuit for loss of earnings.

Not to say that it definitely couldn't happen, especially as Thorpe haven't technically marketed any launch date yet so as far as the GP are concerned there would be no delay, but I feel like it would be extraordinarily bad business practise on Mack's end to go this route (unless Thorpe are happy to let it slide considering the current planning permission fiasco and therefore buying them a little more time).

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024