Shrek's Adventure London

lewumbrajumbos

More referring to your original post.. Then getting to see Shrek, at a Shrek attraction.

You would expect Shrek to play a big part in the attraction.

Which is exactly what I was saying; it's a Shrek attraction, so I would only expect Shrek. I wasn't aware of the 'and friends' idea.

I don't see why only seeing Shrek at the end is an issue anyway? We already knew that the meet and greet with Shrek and other Dreamworks characters was at the end, so nobody would be expecting to see him in the flesh in any of the scenes. The attraction being named "Shrek's Adventure" doesn't literally have to mean SHREK EVERYWHERE. That's just being really pedantic and nit-picking...and apart from the odd post on here, I've not heard anyone else moan that there wasn't enough Shrek.

It's not an issue for me but I can see how it would be for people used to instantly accessing whatever they want, back when I was a kid attractions like this were ten a penny and half the fun was the excitement building up to the final scene. The only thing I'd actually change is I'd send you 'back' to London via the bus, so you got to experience it twice, instead of the lift, having a big thing like the buss as the first thing you do, sets the bar high and when everything following is just interaction, leaves you a bit deflated, or that's the impression I've got from other people who've done it.

• 4 weeks later...

Did this on Friday and it was definitely... something else. The bus ride was going well (it was even moving) until someone whacked their arm out of the area and it stopped, the ride restarted and the bus no longer moved :( Seemed like a lot of photo points and the book at the end was sneaky, wouldn't say I'd do it again but no harm in trying! Theming was nice though, and all the actors really helped make the experience better.

Went today for the first time since peak season last year. A once 80-minute show shortened to just barely 50 minutes. Where there used to be queues to get to the magical bus depot is no longer, meaning a smoother transition from lift to show, however they got rid of Sleeping Beauty, and shortened just about every scene. Maybe I thought it was worse because I did the Dungeons before, but it just felt sloppy compared to last time.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this has been brought up but all the mechanical parts of the bus have now been completely removed, as we visited today and were told it will never move again :-(

I thought it was to be fixed back in January?  (Page 5).

I've heard from the attraction that the bus movement will be back in Mid January.  Great news!  :)