Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Given how "unhappy" they are with some of the elements inside,I could absolutely see them having a soft opening to get feedback on whether the public agree the ride is ready or not. And then see the ride closed shortly after for a few days for some last tweaks before the ride finally publicly opens. 

6 hours ago, Insider said:

There will be timed tickets for the first few months so queueing shouldn't be too bad. 

And where has this information been confirmed...?

Timed tickets would be dreadful. You'd probably still have to queue up for it even with the ticket booked (*cough* The Passing *cough*) and you'd also have to queue to acquire/purchase the timed ticket.

On the subject of the opening day, a soft opening may be possible for sometime this week (Thursday/Friday) and then officially open it to the public next week. Or they could go down the route that Towers took with The Smiler and give practically no notice and just open it up. Whatever the outcome, I expect the ride will be fully operational in two weeks time. It can't be delayed much longer than that... Can it...?

The only form of timed ticket the resort have confirmed is for wheel chair users, as I assume they may need to change some aspects to allow for the ride to be suitable for these people. Other than that there has been nothing remotely hinting that they will be using a ticketing service - it's a dark ride not a scare maze...

Timed tickets to me would imply they are concerned about throughput which can only mean that not all of the vehicles are ready...

Bit of a double edged sword if it does open with timed tickets - people are happy because they get to get on if they bag a slot, but then, those who don't know about the system will be narked, complain to customer services and be given Fastrack for something.

One would assume that as it'll be the only option, it shouldn't be that problematic... If they make it clear that system is in place there are no room for complaints...

Though of course what does it mean for ambulant disabled guests? And of course the inevitable breakdown and backlog of tickets...

Should be fun...

Press release on social media will go something like:

"We are excited as you are to finally ride the new Derren Brown's Ghost Train at THORPE PARK RESORT. However, we anticipate the experience being extremely popular, and because of this we will be introducing a pre-booked timed ticket system to minimise queues and ensure everyone has a fair chance of boarding during their visit to THORPE PARK. Only those with a prebooked ticket will be able to board DERREN BROWN'S GHOST TRAIN until further notice."

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Press release on social media will go something like:

"We are excited as you are to finally ride the new Derren Brown's Ghost Train at THORPE PARK RESORT. However, we anticipate the experience being extremely popular, and because of this we will be introducing a pre-booked timed ticket system to minimise queues and ensure everyone has a fair chance of boarding during their visit to THORPE PARK. Only those with a prebooked ticket will be able to board DERREN BROWN'S GHOST TRAIN until further notice."

Wait is this a soft opening? Or is it a ballot? The word fair confuses me everyone will get on the ride if they queue up at the end of the day whether its 5mins or 4 hours down the line.

Went yesterday and there was a lot of action all day in the q line, plus around the site. Several different engineering/other firms were there. It looks impressive but I thought it would look a bit more impressive. The shop was cool! I cant believe the in park radio pop station promotes it so heavily, it's like a kick in the man parts!

20 minutes ago, SuperMuscleMan said:

Went yesterday and there was a lot of action all day in the q line, plus around the site. Several different engineering/other firms were there. It looks impressive but I thought it would look a bit more impressive. The shop was cool! I cant believe the in park radio pop station promotes it so heavily, it's like a kick in the man parts!

Yeah, I hate the shop being open... "Hey! Buy stuff for a ride you may think is absolute crap once you have ridden it!"

Same when Towers Trading sold Smiler Stuff between March - May before it opened.

What was worse at Thorpe a day after it was supposed to open, Photo staff were trying to get people for photos in front of the ride entrance!

Sorry if I'm being a little untrusting, but I'm still unsure why this ticketing thing is true?

If it is then respect to the person who said it, but surely it doesn't just take someone saying "I can 100% that X is happening" for people to believe it, not to mention it seems awfully strange they would print out thousands of tickets for the original opening date when they evidentially knew it wasn't ready...

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic