Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Just spoken with a staff member at the ghost train. He said the usual stuff/script. 

Wee asked about the FYI Daily show and that they said it would be open next week. He basically told us not to listen to them. 

He said the only people that are allowed on the ride are hotel guests and VIP annual pass holder guests. 

He also said that the people testing the ride are not getting access to the whole thing. 

We saw quite a few people in the uniform  walking around the park and people we think are actors round back of the ghost train.

The wait continues 

I think the ace up their sleeves might be the lack of supposed scare actors within the attraction. I believe that they'll add scare actors into certain scenes perhpas, or maybe on the train too - so far it appears that the actors are not there to "scare" you. not too sure though as any reports of what happens are obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Personally I've only seen one bad rating, with others saying they'd rate it miles ahead of anything else in the UK. The attraction has been suffering from some issues with the VR not playing on time as well as other sections of the ride not working correctly, however when everything is working the ride is said to far exceed people's expectations. In regards to the VR, it's believed that the missing content is various of the alternate story lines and one of the two endings, but as I say this is speculation. I really doubt there will be scare actor in this attraction - as it's not that style of experience. 

We'll have to wait any see!

7 hours ago, jonny9403 said:

The fact people haven't been rating it too highly suggests more then just missing vr scenes. Thorpe have an ace up their sleeves.

I don't think there's been that much bad reviews? The only thing that sticks out to me is the possibility of it not being that re-ridable which is bad considering it's arrived as a huge investment over a new coaster

2 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

So its just "Yeah just go on DBGT why not"

I believe they are told to wait outside the attraction at a specific time, hence the large gathering of people in the image you see above. The ride is in operation for a select amount of time and then closes its gates. This allows for hotel and VIP guests to experience the attraction more than once if they desire.

This also suggests that when the ride opens it will not be on a timed service.

Just now, Owen said:

I believe they are told to wait outside the attraction at a specific time, hence the large gathering of people in the image you see above. The ride is in operation for a select amount of time and then closes its gates. This allows for hotel and VIP guests to experience the attraction more than once if they desire.

So its the same thing without the tickets. Cool. The thing with the hotel guests makes me think it's very close to opening.

21 minutes ago, Owen said:

This also suggests that when the ride opens it will not be on a timed service.

I wouldn't assume that - Running a ride to 200 or so people is going to be very different to opening the ride up to 1000's - Timed tickets is still very plausible when this fully opens - it could simply be they didn't use timed tickets yesterday as they are confident the staff have enough experience with running the timed system from previous tests.  

However, this is a theme park attraction, not a show or a one off. If the ride were to run on a timed service this would mean people would potentially miss out on experiencing it. I am open to the idea but I don't see the point when the ride would have been design to cater for a large audience.

I honestly thought we would have heard something about opening by now. I'm there Monday and Tuesday next week... looking unlikely now - will have to wait until Fright Nights if it doesnt open next week. 

I'm the same next Sunday is my only chance to go before fright nights, honestly I'd be surprised if it's open by fright nights at this rate [emoji13][emoji13]

I can't believe it's coming up to 50 days since I visited and hoped to ride.

And yes, just because it's been open doesn't mean there haven't been problems behind the scenes. I still maintain that the ride won't fully open without 7-10 days notice from Thorpe Park, they need to build up the "Hype train" again!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic