Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

There have been a couple of deleted posts linking to information and pics about DBGT which should not yet be released, given by someone who has ridden it . As all riders so far have signed non-disclosure agreements this is clearly not right and not what the park intends from these previews, the links have therefore been deleted.

Please no more linking to it from here. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Oh I'm sure it'll be open a week or two before then!

Let us hope it will be, but I won't speak too soon...

We do need some form of prior announcement of when it's going to open. I was expecting this Friday but it does seem unlikely now. 1st July may be a reasonable date though.

I'm heading back to Thorpe for MOS Meet on 23rd July - and to think that my source joked that I should be alright to ride DBGT by then when I chatted to him at the end of April regarding my visit mid-May and the chance of me riding DBGT for mid-May being zero!

At this rate, it could've only been open a couple of weeks :P

Today I didn't see any people going in but as we walked past the music started up inside. There were also two people in the shop with name badges on talking to each other saying something like "If people have paid £15-20 for it they're going to be angry" - no idea what that was about but thought someone might find it interesting.

Maybe referring to the on ride photos?

they are rather small...

In regards to the tower, I wouldn't be shocked if Nitrogenie is currently testing to see if it's popular, to then be installed into the tower for next year permanently? I know it's a long shot but as we know, this wouldn't be the first time they've added theming a year into operation...

6 minutes ago, Owen said:

Maybe referring to the on ride photos?

they are rather small...

In regards to the tower, I wouldn't be shocked if Nitrogenie is currently testing to see if it's popular, to then be installed into the tower for next year permanently? I know it's a long shot but as we know, this wouldn't be the first time they've added theming a year into operation...

Wasn't the tower on the actual building? How would that work?

2 hours ago, cianjs said:

I know, I know, this is 99.9999% a steaming pile of BS. However she is claiming she signed an NDA and that she wasn't even a hotel guest herself.

Not saying you're wrong, but when I was there on Sunday management told me they gave around 100 tickets out at random throughout the day, to non hotel guests. So non hotel guests have been on it :)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic