Looking For: Meet Organiser x 2

AJ

Hello all :lol:

As it has probably come to a few peoples attention now (especially those who go to meets) that this year my career has taken off, which means I can no longer dedicate my time to running meets and the Christmas one that has just been set up will be my last one, Which can be found here . It is only fair for everyone that we get someone new to take these over who can spend the time on it that it deserves!

As the years have gone on the meets have evolved to some spectacular events now. We have even gone abroad twice as a forum and many other trips around the country. Therefore it has turned into a 2 person job, for which we are now recruiting for during the closed season. 

I will still be around somewhat to help you if needed and a structure has developed over the years, so I'm on standby so this can be a smooth transition.

What it will entail:

- You'll be running the official meet ups throughout the year.

- You will be ensuring new members on meets feel integrated with the rest of the group and ensure the flow of the day. This may mean making unpopular decisions, but you'll need to be direct at times to keep people moving and making a decision otherwise you just end up standing around, debating what to go on. 

- You will be advertising the meets leading up to them and encouraging other members to attend. - You may need to help members working out how to get to a meet and arranging lifts for them etc. 

- You will also be helping people with hotels if it ends up being a weekend event. (We will be setting up a TPM account, for people to deposit money for such trips - so you can just book it etc)

- Most of all you'll be a friendly, outgoing character who can lead the group and listening to what the group as a whole want to do (I'm afraid to say that leading the events you are not always entitled to an opinion as you need to keep the feel of the group)

If you are interested please PM me or contact me other ways. Loads of people have my number now as it's dotted all over the forum and Facebook is widely used too.

Ill be closing applications by the end of this month and then we will be using a combination of opinions from the team and most importantly who the forum want to do it as at the end of the day on these meets they're gonna be listening/ following you. I will be helping you to start off with to make a smooth transition but ultimately you will be running the ship.

Look forward to receiving you're applications/ interest :good:

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RobF said:

I'm happy to be involved with this, I just need to prebook time off work:p

To be honest I feel giving people plenty of notice of meets helps. I also have to pre book time off as I work shifts. Also has I don't live local to parks knowing the dates 12 weeks in advance ensures I can take advantage of advance train fares which are much cheaper than buying closer to the date of the meet.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day Everyone,

I have 6 applications for everyone who is interested in continuing coming to meets/ wants to attend their first meet (In order to vote though you must of been a member on here for 6 months)

There are two positions going and the members of this forum will be choosing the first one. The second position will then be filled by the choice of our current team who help run the site.

After reading the below applications, to cast your vote please either PM me on this site or contact me another way no later than Midnight just before the Xmas meet takes place on Saturday 17th December.

For the votes to be valid you will need to rank the applicants in order for who you think will be best for the job as at he end of the day you are the ones who will be attending the meets.

Your first choice will then receive 5 points, 2nd choice 4 points etc down to your last choice that will receive 0 points. The applicant with the most points by the cut off date will then become one of the meet organisers.

The applications are in no particular order and are anonymous as you are voting for what they can offer - However within the line up you will find Amaaargh, KingNemesis, Matt Creek, Myk, Paige & Ryan who are our secret six ;-)

The applications are as follows

Application 1

So, I have put my name forward for meet organiser. Am I serious? Yes. Am I crazy? Definitely. Why on Earth would I even be a reasonable candidate for such a role that Peaj has managed and set the bar for the past five years? That's an excellent question, that I'm not even sure I could answer myself, but I'll give it a go...

First off, I can be organised, and I can organise other people (just don't ask me how exactly). I would always do my best to ensure that everyone who wanted to go to a meet would be able to get there, whether that would involve personally adding up the costs, providing help with arranging and finding a means of getting there, or simply reassuring that we aren't all absolute maniacs, I would want everyone to feel as though they are more than welcome (because they are, duh) and able to get to a meet where possible! If it was for a weekend meet for instance, I would get things arranged as far in advance as it's reasonable, and should you need a lift or even an idea of how to commute there- I would help with that. Secondly, I love the idea of setting up some social media accounts for tpm meets- although it would have a relatively small following, I think things such as Facebook/Twitter pages would be a great way to keep everyone in the loop, as it can be easy to lose track of what's going on sometimes, I have also noticed a few people have suggested there being a Snapchat account that could be updated throughout the meet itself, an idea which I would love to bring about!

I am not the best with words at times, but I am alright with organising *wink*

Applicant 2 

"Change. Some are intimidated by it, some embrace it, but change is coming and shouldn't be feared. Peaj has done a tremendous job as organiser, and someone replicating him instead of bringing something new to the table would just end up dead in the water as there's only one Peaj.
So what would I bring to the party? Clear concise planning. Along with a can-do team ethic with whoever else is voted in to run the meets with myself. The idea is to have fun and enjoy the parks, whether it be an annual meet at Alton Towers or a small meet for the die hard TPM'ers in Margate you'll feel like it was a trip worth making. We shall be on the hunt for perks again and voting whether in this cut throat world of other sites vying for them if members would sometimes be willing to pay a small charge for them. Big lunches for those that don't want to go off and do their own thing and after meet drinks and meals are definitely not going anywhere if I am voted in so they'll be safe I promise you, so you'll still be leaving with that prize my friends.
4 words TPM have been waiting for... West Midland Safari Park. Is a must for next year with their ghost train entitled (and in some cases asking for a lawsuit) "Mumbo Jumbo". Or was that the name of the shop next door to it? All these questions and mysteries are awaiting to be discovered if I am voted in. So take your time, shoot the breeze with your fellow TPM'ers and think about who you want to vote in, because a vote for me isn't just a vote for fun, it's a vote for enjoyment and happy memories to come. Peaj has done a great job, but now he's hanging up his cape and Bat mask and someone else needs to helps fight the battles of boredom in TPM in their own way. 

Thank you."

Applicant 3

I feel like I could really enhance the social element of TPM if I had the chance to be a meet organiser. Community is very important within this circle and inviting new people in is something I aim to do, be the welcoming smile for the team. I know from personal expirience that meeting up with people you may not know can be a daunting expirience, but once you’re settled in it is one of the best things you can do. I aim to encourage people to attend meet-ups and even bring friends so that the community as a whole can expand whilst everyone is still being involved. 

I’d set up group chats well in advance and make sure dates were set at an appropriate time to suit everyone alongside talking to members separately if they have any worries or queries. I’d also make a super cool fun itinerary with my great literacy skills so that the day can be set out in an organised way. Making sure tables are booked at restaurants, transport and hotels are sorted and any other jobs are what I’m great at, as I love to over organise even the smallest of tasks!! (In a non-bad way, just keen)

I’d love to be involved with the TPM team and I’m sure I can bring more than I can type to the metaphorical table. All jokes aside, I’d definitely take any feedback and make sure it was used to make the meets even better for everyone, and I’d be honoured to grow this community. 

#MTPMMG (Make Thorpe Park Mania Meets Great. China.)

Application 4

I believe I should be one of the next meet organisers as I am highly motivated and passionate about providing an enjoyable day out for all members new and old. I have been to a large number of meets for many years and have seen what works and what doesn’t in arranging these trips. As well as attending many meets previously, I have experience in organising trips as this was part of a course I took at college. 

My plans for the meets would be to provide a well structured and entertaining day for members, catering for regulars as well as any new people wishing to attend their first. With myself as one of the meet organisers, there will be regular updates well in advance of the meet date meaning that everyone knows all the details of the day ahead. I will be in contact with members on a regular basis, using my experience of attending meets to answer any questions anyone may have. I would like to bring back the post meet trip reports as well as hopefully starting up a “social” section on the forum for members to submit vlogs, blogs and photos from each meet.

’d like to ensure that any post meet activities (evening meal) are planned in advance with tables at restaurants booked and a vote to see where everyone would like to go. This would prevent any potential hiccups of not being able to accommodate everyone on the day. I feel like on the day I will be able to work well with the team to ensure the smooth running of the trip and to make everyone feel welcomed and involved.

I have been attending meets for many years now and they have given me some of the best days out with some fantastic people. I would absolutely love to be able to give back to this community and provide others with their first meet experience.

Application 5

Dear Thorpe Park Mania,

As one of the next meet organisers, I intend to not only continue the succession of trips of recent years, in addition also improve and compliment these further. 

One of the core fundamentals at organising is not only planning and organising trips, but the people that attend them. Undergoing this role, I don't see myself as doing this for a Thorpe Park Mania, but the people of Thorpe Park Mania and will ensure members get to express plenty of suggestions and criticism to ensure meets can be to the highest level. 

I consider myself applicable to this role due to my experiences of working with different people
of different ages and background through my jobs, community projects and work experiences. These may sometimes involve difficult situations of having to prioritise important issues to additional ones. These include last minute changes to schedule and items not being of acceptable quality whilst sticking to schedules.

My enthusiasm and park knowledge are another asset I could bring to my role, through my liking of theme parks and having been a regular member here for a number of years. I have been a regular visitor to Thorpe Park for many years and haven't missed a year since 2006 and consider myself knowledgable of the park's past and present. 

I am also used to travelling to international parks, having visited the likes of Efteling, Liseberg and Phantasialand all on a shoestring budget.

Thank you for reading and hope you consider my application.

Application 6

Why hello there! My name’s [REDACTED] and here is why I should become one of the new meet organisers for TPM. First of all I have a lot of experience organising meets within the theme park community, I have a very positive attitude to events organising and always strive to provide the best experience for everyone involved, from running a meet so it runs seamlessly to adding something unusual into the mix that you may not expect from a theme park meet.
I must be honest with you though, I live up in the midlands so getting down to every meet down south is going to be pretty difficult although I will try my very best to attend as many as possible, however if chosen to be one of the Meet organisers you can expect some more regular midlands / northern meet ups that have a lot of variety (Including out of park activities!).

Back to Peaj

Thank you everyone, for taking your time reading this. Meets have been a great success over the last few years and I hope these stars in the making will ensure the enjoyment will continue for years to come

I look forward to receiving your Votes - remember to Rank them from your first choice to last. See you at the Xmas meet!

• 2 weeks later...

Well as it was announced at the TPM Christmas meet yesterday. The boards have voted for Paige to be meet organiser followed by Ryan, so these two from now on will be taking over the meets from myself.

thank you everyone for all the good memories that have come about with me doing this role and I am sure Paige and Ryan will do a fantastic job and create loads more memories for everyone going forward 

Thanks to all those who voted for me as one of two potential meet organisers and Thorpe Park Mania for accepting my candidacy.

With regret I have been unsuccessful in this process and won't be one of those to host and organise the meets of the future in this wonderful forum.

I would like to congratulate Paige and Ryan on winning their roles as meet organisers. Together I'm sure they will do a fantastic job with the skills and dedication they have proved amongst organising many fantastic meets in the near future.

Further thanks goes to Peaj, who's dedication to running the meets in the last four years has been phenomenal. Organising meets in a small team may be tricky enough, but doing them solo must've been very hard work. Peaj has done a fantastic job and provided many fantastic trips and memories which without, many regulars may not be on TPM today. Myself included.

I may have lost the election, but I won't be disappearing anytime soon. As I'll remain attending regular meets with my usual antics. Whether that be my random shenanigans, one liners or vlogging (towards the meet videos). 

I will support Paige and Ryan all the way in their new roles and be happy to help them should they require. 

Don't mourn my failure, embrace Paige and Ryan's success, they deserve it.