X

Garyy

That'd odd pluk, cos when me and Han30 went on it it was alot darker then last year ever was, and I feel the new lights were an improvement because they weren't all in 1 place

It is probably true that the general light level is lower now than before with the lightning moved, but at the same time it is never truly dark like it was occasionally (in normal operation, not our special rides) when they were all together and all went off together, and the properly dark times with only laser are the best times.

The music sounds great being so loud, doesn't sound quite so great from Colossus queue though!

And we did have smoke, but probably not as much as last year. It was thickest at the start of the day.

The current music is more varied, is recognisable and sounds great. I wouldn't want them to go back. If anything it should just change occasionally to keep it fresh, but last years music was a bit bland compared to these proper tracks.

Intrigued that the lighting could change, less is more remember!

Really like the fact X is now very loud from the moment you enter the queue line, and the new lighting is great especially the bit where they've created a kind of laser tunnel! My only criticism would be that on both my rides I seemed to hit a part of whatever track was playing where the beat had stopped - I think all the tracks used need to be relentless ones with no let-ups in the middle.

Aside from the ride itself, they really could do with tarting up the rejigged entrance. It makes more sense putting the bag hold there as it used to cause a blockage, but it looks really dirty and messy and is far too well lit. Not the best first and last impression.

Agreed, and they need to take away the signs and block off the hole in the wall where it used to be.

I brought this up with Marc the other day; I think with time they'll sort it out. Agreed about the hole in the wall of the old bag room, but that entire counter at the exit for the old bag room could use sorting out. Maybe a new ORP opportunity or dare I say a shop? With Ministry of Sound now a high presence in the park, they could perhaps make it a tasteful shop selling some MoS CD's and some X merchandise, seeing as the 'family' approach is the way they want to go, they could use some more family merchandise such as kids t-shirts and stuff...

I agree with you on that one flipper, its an almost perfect place for a small shop and I bet with the close links to ministry of sound and all the cool lighting and theme you could get some really cool and probably completely new merch, I know I would wanna buy some X merch

I brought this up with Marc the other day; I think with time they'll sort it out. Agreed about the hole in the wall of the old bag room, but that entire counter at the exit for the old bag room could use sorting out. Maybe a new ORP opportunity or dare I say a shop? With Ministry of Sound now a high presence in the park, they could perhaps make it a tasteful shop selling some MoS CD's and some X merchandise, seeing as the 'family' approach is the way they want to go, they could use some more family merchandise such as kids t-shirts and stuff...

Yeah we were discussing this in chat yesterday. The thing is how are people meant to buy things from a shop or buy a photo if they have already handed there bad in at the beginning.