X

Garyy

You mean the 4 speakers at the base of pole? Yes, lots of speakers dotted around..

Fair enough only 4 speakers (my knowledge of the inner workings of X is limited as I don't exactly care for it), but surely on board audio could be a better option for noise, especially as it wouldn't have to be toned down for Fright Nights?

Imagine a bassy train based audio system?

Fair enough only 4 speakers (my knowledge of the inner workings of X is limited as I don't exactly care for it), but surely on board audio could be a better option for noise, especially as it wouldn't have to be toned down for Fright Nights?

Imagine a bassy train based audio system?

It would be good! But I personally feel that, the system would need to be too powerful to be a wireless one. It would probably sound awful!

I don't think onboard audio would suit in my opinion. Its always so tinny and never has any bass behind it. I personally like the current setup as it echoes a lot and gives a real club vibe.

I do worry about how loud they're blasting music out of those speakers though as I guarantee they aren't designed to be doing that. It'll only be a matter of time before they blow.

I don't think onboard audio would suit in my opinion. Its always so tinny and never has any bass behind it. I personally like the current setup as it echoes a lot and gives a real club vibe.

I do worry about how loud they're blasting music out of those speakers though as I guarantee they aren't designed to be doing that. It'll only be a matter of time before they blow.

All the speakers are designed for loudness and bass, they are actually the type of speakers you find in nightclubs :) the group who did the installation, Definition, do Ministry Of Sound nightclub in London, as well as the Thorpe Park MoS nights.

Is it just me or should there be a lot more lights ...

Yes, it is just you! There are far too many lights in there as it is, losing the point of it being a dark ride. It is sooo much better with the light tower off and just the lasers on. I could go for some small localised lighting effects though, like a tunnel, but nothing that leaks a load of light out into the pyramid.

Any reason why?

On-board would certainly be louder for riders, and not have volume lost in the echoey cavern of the pyramid... It's a half and half thing... Though a bassy train specifically designed music piece would improve X some more...

I meant on outside coasters, not on X. Should have put that really.