X

Garyy

The lift still sits there, since you go through it in order to board the ride...Having never done it with the lift, I only go by what my parents say, and that was that the lift was extremely uncomfortable and warm, and when you consider how bad NWO can get in the hot summer days, I wouldn't be suprised if a couple of people had fainted or whatever...I vaguely remember the spinning tunnel in the queue though... Tbh the entire ride smells of the old owners of Thorpe, ambitious, but without the money it was a complete and utter failure... It really needs Merlin to take a long look at it and totally revamp the building/coaster/etc...Either that or get rid... Not sure which option I would prefer...

Merlin need to re-think the entire ride.Back in the good ol' cheap Thorpe days, the park didn't have the money to build this ride properly. Merlin just need to either come up with a new concept and then remove the ride (or parts of) during a closed season to make room for a heavily themed ride which FITS into The Lost City.Otherwise, yes, just get rid of it and have a nice bit of space. Thorpe seems to be running short of it and the only time the add more land is to shove a new ride on it.

My dad claims that he was one of the first people on with my sister when it opened. Whether this is actually true I don't know but he said it used to be a really full on experience from the entrance of the queue to getting off. It's a pirty but unless Merlin decided to rebrand it and can therefore sell it as a new attraction, I doubt it isn't going to be changed. I wonder if one fo the new flats in the MTDP would fit in there...

http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/business/ImpactAssess/site/F5633003_St_Peters_report/Appendix6_MTDP_Plan.pdfHere is what I think to be the new MTDP, I'm not sure if its been posted anywhere else, but basically it highlights:2 new coasters in the tresure island area, a new entrance refurb4or 5 new flat rides with 9 different locations plannedoctopus gardens gone extentions to shops and entrance e.t.cI understand the coaster layouts are only brief plans, but do the new ones both have immelmanns or dive loops?

Here you go.Also got the topic: http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/358-mtdp/page__st__260. That's from when it was first posted; so you can see all our speculation. Good to have you back Mr. Hicks. :P

I kind of feel embarrased for Thorpe Park when I ride X now, it's in a bit of a state... sadly, I never rode it during its 'glory days'. I don't think it should be removed though, certainly not the pyramid building. I wouldn't mind a new ride inside, or at least a major refurbishment of X, but the building has to stay, its almost like a centrepoint for the park.