X

Garyy

• 3 weeks later...

I can safely say that this is my favourite ride at the park <3

:) I had to read that twice! Fair enough, everyone has their own opinion.In my opinion it does have the potential to be turned in to one of the best rides in the park. I just feel a bit sorry for it really, it's been half-heartedly spruced up and forgotten about too many times! They really need to get stuck in to it and finally make a propper job of the theming in there.

I'd like to emphasise what Ryan said, turning your head the other way around really makes you feel like you a travelling a lot faster, and there are lots of supports/track in the way to give some pretty thrilling headchoppers. So far X:\NWO is my ride of the year by far, and definately one of my favourites overall right now.

• 2 months later...

Now I have a annual pass I went on this ride 2 times at different days. They have put the lights on both times, I am not very happy with why they have done this, So the ride has not been in the dark every time I have been on it and it makes it boring -_-

Funnily enough I've had the complete opposite, all the times I've ridden it in the dark and it's still boring...:(

Now I have a annual pass I went on this ride 2 times at different days. They have put the lights on both times, I am not very happy with why they have done this, So the ride has not been in the dark every time I have been on it and it makes it boring -_-

I actually find the lights on pretty fun :(

I love this ride so much, I went with my friend a few months ago and it was her first trip to Thorpe. On the first set of breaks I screamed in her ear and she pretty much poo'd herself.... It's just a really fun ride and the park wouldn't be the same without it for me. A re-theme would be nice but I think if it was themed as a pyramid the ride would be ruined. Merlin should just improve on the whole computer gone wrong virus theme or whatever it's supposed to be, that's just my opinion though.

Is anybody able to write a detailed description of the original X No Way Out and if possible the changes it has been through since opening. It is quite clear that the ride used to be very different and most importantly more of a proper experience than it is now. So, what exactly was in the original indoor queue before it was partly cut off for Freak Show 3D/Hellgate and moved outside the building? And what and where exactly were the original 'effects', such as this intriguing grinder I have heard of. Was the intended theme much different to the strange backstory that was imposed in 2007, or the loose 'computer error' concept that we have today? And has a lot of theming been removed? (I didn't see the robot behind the glass this time, and I was looking out for it. Has that gone too?).I would love to know and I am sure so would many others. So, if anybody does have some good memories of old X No Way Out, then it would be great to hear them in good detail. Who knows? Maybe the ride has barely changed and it always used to be as bad as this! But there is definitely a sense of "something that isn't there anymore" when you ride it. There seem to be so many secrets which makes it a fascinating ride.

All the black towers in and around the x area used to be steam misters, indeed the previous story was the computers had taken over hence the x super computer idea, there was an upside down room in the now hellgate area along with as mentioned the tunnel, models partly absorbed into walls, the fake lifts you would emerge onto onload with a train waiting for you at this point. you had no idea you would be leaving backwards no signs ect.The whole ride queueline used to be amazing but due to many reasons including building temperature and fire saftey the number of people permitted inside the building was limited which then caused issues with people taking to long to reach the station as it was one long walk, spelled the end for the original X

I really hate the new batching system as it means all of the queuing is done outside and trains are going round with empty rows due to the speed of the batching.

I thought the empty seats were just because it was a rubbish ride? :PHonestly, I prefer the new system. I hate queuing inside the building for more than 5 minutes. Far to uncomfortable, hot and not really that effective for theming - the feels of being inside wears off before you ride.

I hate it. There is no music, bad lighting and the walk seems to last forever. This all severely damages the atmosphere to the point in which there is not any. Now there is absolutely no chance of resurrecting the fake lifts or any other theming effects that would have otherwise greatly improved the experience.What's more, the outdoor queue is awfully boring. You have to wait forever whilst the batching person comes back down the queue, whilst listening to "The system is failing" repeat fifty billion times. I would rather queue in an atmospheric dark corridor with proper music, lighting and effects than a boring cattlepen queueline. Unfortunately my preferable option seems not to exist anymore. ;)

I actually enjoyed this more with the lights on today. It was better because I could see something rather than just pointless pitch black where someone might aswell be prodding me up the arse to simulate movement. I have to say, its rather clean and large! It would make a great new arena so they can rip out the old one for a coaster, haha!

So, what exactly was in the original indoor queue before it was partly cut off for Freak Show 3D/Hellgate and moved outside the building? And what and where exactly were the original 'effects', such as this intriguing grinder I have heard of.

It was just all that random robot rubbish sticking out of the walls, the spinning tunnel and some of those hanging bag type things you get in funhouses. The "lifts" were just you being locked in that room before the station and some very tinny audio. You're not missing much really not seeing it.