Chessington Staff

Dan9

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I find the staff at Chessington to be rather pathetic, although it is a family park. I couldn't care less, what they do in their spare time.Thorpe Park's staff are more honest, blunt and straight to the point. You don't want to become personal with the people operating the rides, and Thorpe Park manage to keep conversation to a minimal low, which in my opinion, is how it should be.

Err.. bit confused actually. Chessington isn't a throughput based run rides and attraction department, one of the sole points of Chessington is that its staff speak to guests, find out how their days are going etc etc. I also don't like how you call everyone who works at Chessington pathetic. Generalisations are pathetic and thats how you come across. :)

Chessie staff are sexy!I enjoy chatty staff members, they make the experience a bit more memorable .Saying "although it is a family park. I couldn't care less, what they do in their spare time."You have said it yourself , it's a family park , which means it must meet the standards of families .Why complain about people who are doing their jobs correctly?

• 3 weeks later...

I however, do talk to the customers alot and ask them about things that relate to both of us I.e standing, weather and how it affects our days. Obv, I don't have the time to talk to every guest as it does get quite busy (depending on which unit you work in) but I do enjoy my job and get a great amount of satisfaction from doing it.I have been told by many, that I have good customer service and that I do my job well. No we aren't pathetic and at the end of the day, even though the majority of staff are young teens/adults, we do what we do good. And like prev mentioned, it does annoy me a bit when people say negative things about CwoA staff. I can tell from my experiences as a guest and staff member, that staff are helpful, do care and do our jobs well. Maybe, if Thrill Seeker were to ever get a job there, he/she'd be able to understand our situation and that what he/she said is not what the situation really is.

I actually agree with Will; I work in the same kind of place and I work my arse off trying to get the best service, and all we get back is s**t, I mean for example today someone threw their food at me becuase we where still waiting for 'x' product to be cooked, so I offered him a double of 'x' and he threw it at me. Once you've worked in a customer based environment, I can guarentee you that when you go into a shop or restaurant you will treat them with some respect. Just say please and thank you, it really isn't that f**king hard!

Thankyou James :( and yeh >>> seb, so true!I went to Chessie last saturday and I am also going this saturday again. When I went last, there was a long queue, I was really patient and didnt really mind waiting because I know how it feels and yes, am more patient. Guests complain that Theme Parks are all about waiting. Waiting to go on rides, waiting for food, waiting to go to the toilet, etc. But in a very humourous way, theme parks teach guests the virtue of patience. But to be very fair, alot of guests, I have served are very patient and when I apologised for the wait, they said not at all and they were very kind about it. They can see that we try hard and they are even the ones, who talk to me and ask me things about my day and take an interest. When things go wrong, X doesnt work or X has a problem, they sometimes get angry but when I apologise, they say it's not your fault but only some are unpleasant.

I disagree, I find the staff at Chessington to be rather pathetic, although it is a family park. I couldn't care less, what they do in their spare time.Thorpe Park's staff are more honest, blunt and straight to the point. You don't want to become personal with the people operating the rides, and Thorpe Park manage to keep conversation to a minimal low, which in my opinion, is how it should be.

What?!?Chessington's and Thorpe's staff are about as good as each other and Thorpe Park staff do talk to guests- EG on my last visit we were asked by a Logger's Leap staff members how our day was going and what our favourit ride was to which I answered "Colossus" :( Talking Is Good! :(

Peter works at Chessie! enough said. hahaSpeaking of work , I had to serve a druggy at customer service yesterday and he was extremely rude.And today when I did the closing announcement there was still a customer in the store .I, politely approached her and informed her the shop was closed and that all of the tills were shut , the customer went on to shout at me and tell me I was loosing a sale. I don't understand why they stress out so much!?

And today when I did the closing announcement there was still a customer in the store .I, politely approached her and informed her the shop was closed and that all of the tills were shut , the customer went on to shout at me and tell me I was loosing a sale. I don't understand why they stress out so much!?

Surely if there was still a customer intending to buy stuff, then would it not be a good idea to keep one till open...

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say that the staff at Chessington are very helpful and that they make your day enjoyable. :|). I think the staff at the Vampire and the runaway train are very good, also make note of Beno land and Fury. :D. I've come across a few nasty members of staff, and people not willing to help, but you'd get that anywhere

• 6 months later...

There has to be a line drawn between how much the staff talk to guests to make sure it dont effect how there doing there job. Personally I dont see much of a difference between the Thorpe and CWOA staff.

Exactly. On a busy day you cannot expect a great deal of interaction from staff. Whether it's Thorpe or Chessie. Obviously there is going to be some rides that give more opportunity for interaction, for example Samurai and Vortex - once everyone is batched the attendant has a few minutes standing by the batching area, perfect chance to talk to guests. Whereas a Stealth or Colossus attendant is going to be constantly runnning up and down the platform checking bars and keeping an eye on things, no time to stop and chat! That's from my personal experience from 2 years or working at Thorpe anyway :P Not saying on a busy day everyone is going to be blunt and unfriendly, but there's a higher risk lol...plus the more guests on park, the more trouble and the more stupid people to slow things down!Chessie staff > Thorpe staff :PThorpe have uniform that is too big for them, like the coats and the clown-pant shorts. Smallest waist size for women's shorts was 30 inches - that's a size 12-14!! I'm suspiscious they are actually men's shorts but class them as women's, they were so big. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Chessie staff will always be better than Thorpe in my opinion. They always seem more enthusiastic, bubbly and hilarious aswell. I remember getting into the train seats for Vampire, and one of the staff members was pretending to scare kids by saying "Mwuhahahaaa you cannot escape from ze Vampire! Zam I not scary with zis Transylvanian accent?", then the control booth staff said through the microphone, "If he's putting on that accent again, don't worry, it's for comic effect.. and because he had too much coffee." Haha. Good times.

I think it depends on what sort of a day you go, the thing is, if you go on a busyer day at thorpe park, the staff are going to be stressy, and a bit worn out - which, when you have to deal with 10,000 or so people on a peak day is the least I would be. Chessingtons staff do seem to be a lot more relaxed, but that could be pinned down to the fact that they are not constrained to a concrete island, and have lots of shrubbery and plants and nice green things. You can't say this park or that park has better staff, because everybody is different. Situations are different. I know for a fact that when I leave chessington, I am never as hot and tired as when I leave thorpe, maybe it's the atmosphere, and maybe that's what chessingtons staff benefit from? On the other hand, I have never found chessingtons staff as casual or easy to talk to as thorpes.I also feel how both parks are sold has an effect on this as well. Chessington is sold as the sort of park you can spend a lazy day at with the family, have a great time, get scared and also act like a child again, thorpe park is an aggressivly fast paced, ride island, which gives no consideraton to comfort and maximum consideration to being scared and thrilled. Which one of those makes you more relaxed?

I don't know how you can compare the staff as a body, they arn't different breeds of people it just depends who you talk to. If you talk to a happy enthusiastic staff member at Thorpe and a grumpy sod at Chessie you end up saying Thorpe have better staff and vice-versa.

On all my visits, I've always found Thorpe Park to have better staff.I just find them easier to talk too and they created a better sense of enjoyment.Saying that though, I have come across 2 really nice members of staff at Chessington (not there this year) awww!. One thing is for sure, which ever theme park I go to the staff can be very talkative