London Dungeons

Cringle

• 2 weeks later...

Boat ride was closed today, didn't even notice, like I was expecting to have to go through a side door or something, but it just seem to go on as normal and completely bypassing it which was cool, although a shame it was closed of course! Nice to see bits being changed for special periods with the Sweeney Todd and meat shop sections being changed (nothing about Sweeney Todd at all) to Jack the Ripper! :)

It's clever when the boat ride is closed that the lift just doesn't go all the way down.

Yeah change can be good but the Ripper section went on for sooo long. So you now get attacked by him where Todd used to be and then attacked again in the pub? The Todd section was brilliant, the chairs worked in a barbers. Mrs Loveits worked better with the meat shop and the person coming down the shaft at the end, that shaft is now just unused.

Change is good but only when it's needed. It feels like Ripper featuring etc.

It's clever when the boat ride is closed that the lift just doesn't go all the way down.

Yeah change can be good but the Ripper section went on for sooo long. So you now get attacked by him where Todd used to be and then attacked again in the pub? The Todd section was brilliant, the chairs worked in a barbers. Mrs Loveits worked better with the meat shop and the person coming down the shaft at the end, that shaft is now just unused.

Change is good but only when it's needed. It feels like Ripper featuring etc.

I didn't like the meat shop section this time... I thought this is different, wasn't aware until it kept going on about Jack the ripper. Agreed the Todd bit fits best with the chairs, but I thought it was great having something different for a change otherwise the dungeons just get a bit boring the same thing over and over.

Apologies for the double post, but after my second run though The Dungeons today (in a WEEK :o), I think I understand 'Where's Jack?' a little more.

I think the event may be some sort of twist, as a prelude to what's to follow. This could be explained by the fact that the mysterious figure heard walking around the room (in the same position as Sweeney Todd's) occasionally pulls out a blade in close proximity to a guest. Then the big moment is when the chairs suddenly tip back, accompanied by the figure shouting "It's time for YOU to meet...JACK...THE RIPPER!!!", followed by a policeman suddenly darting in to lead you into the streets of Whitechapel...

...So basically the whole event is probably meant to be some sort of early encounter with Jack himself.

Okay so I'm gonna go ahead and assume no one else here is as girly as me and watches the series Hair on BBC.

Basically in the latest episode they did two challenges. Firstly they did the hair for the actors in the London Dungeons, and secondly I came across a bit of a spoiler for a change coming to all dungeons across the country quite soon.

*SPOILERS* (can't use the spoiler thing on my phone)

The dungeons are introducing a new character. She is called Miss Edmunds, she was 43, an immaculate perfectionist, lived in the Victorian ages and was known for poisoning people with chocolates

I don't know what they're doing with her but for the challenge they had to design a hairdo for her, and the winner is the one that will actually be used for the character.

Maybe this could explain why there have been all these changes? Maybe they're rebuilding part of the set for the new scenes and have had to do a quick bodge job to get around missing certain scenes? (coming from someone who never saw the old dungeon with Sweeney so bear with me).

But yeah, maybe. Big changes definitely on their way.

• 2 months later...

I'm heading to the dungeons for the first time on Saturday and was just wondering how intense is it??? is it SUPER SUPER scary or is it got scares and laughs? also is it REALLY loud inside and how dark is it?? (sorry for all the questions but I wanna be prepared!! :P

its got its scary moments,its also mixed in with humor. It is quite dark and loud, but nothing compared to FN mazes.

The only scary part for me was Jack the Ripper, all the other scenes are just funny..

Is the drop dead ride fairly reliable??? really want it to be open when I go as it's one of the main reasons I'm going!!! :)

I wouldn't go just for the drop ride aha...

The whole experience of the dungeons is great though!

The drop tower has always been open when I've been, to be fair nothings ever been broke... only the boat ride closed for scheduled maintenance apparently...

I wouldn't go just for the drop ride aha...

The whole experience of the dungeons is great though!

The drop tower has always been open when I've been, to be fair nothings ever been broke... only the boat ride closed for scheduled maintenance apparently...

No I'm not going JUST for drop dead!! but it's one of the main reasons I'm going!!! I'm going to get over my fear of things like The Dungeons! also Drop Dead is closed on the 3rd of November for planned maintenance if anyone's going then!! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it wasn't as 'planned' as they hoped, and are instating a temporary show to soften the blow of a major attraction being closed.

Also whispers of a 'London Taxi ride' being discussed upstairs too, but I fully expect that to be scrapped, so they can focus on the Marriott Hotel becoming available... We all know how Merlin are all go (yawn) for onsite hotels..