Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Zebraman

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When I went to Busch Gardens Africa, it was when they had just revealed the floorless cars for Sheikra. It was the first ride that I went on and was amazing. I managed to go on it quite a few times before it got busy.Gwazi is a pain...literally...Montu, is possibly one of the best inverted coasters I have been on. Kumba was shut when I went last time so dont have much to say on that.

When I went to Busch Gardens Africa, it was when they had just revealed the floorless cars for Sheikra. It was the first ride that I went on and was amazing. I managed to go on it quite a few times before it got busy.Gwazi is a pain...literally...Montu, is possibly one of the best inverted coasters I have been on. Kumba was shut when I went last time so dont have much to say on that.

I went on Kumba, its a really good rollercoaster, quite fast as well.My fav ride there has got to be Montu and my 2nd fav is Sheikra :)Sheikra is a very good ride! I was quite nervous the first time I went on it, but I loved it!

Oh my goodness, what does everyone love about Montu? I thought it was boring, over-trimmed to hell and absolutely force less, jumping off my stairs gives me more G's .Kumba was amazing IMO , it was fast-paced, amazingly forceful and just brilliant. But Sheikra was the best there and was sensational :) And also , I absolutely LOVED Gwazi , I thought it was fun , twisty, had little fun pops of airtime and while shaky, wasn't rough or painful.

• 2 months later...

Oh my goodness, what does everyone love about Montu? I thought it was boring, over-trimmed to hell and absolutely force less, jumping off my stairs gives me more G's .Kumba was amazing IMO , it was fast-paced, amazingly forceful and just brilliant. But Sheikra was the best there and was sensational ;) And also , I absolutely LOVED Gwazi , I thought it was fun , twisty, had little fun pops of airtime and while shaky, wasn't rough or painful.

How did you not find that painful? I came off with a pounding headache and a bad back !

• 2 years later...

Is the reliability of the rides in Busch Gardens any good? I went once in 2005 and once in 2008 so I don't really remember much about it :( The last thing I want is getting there and having something like Montu shut, so even though you can't predict exactly, does the ride reliability tend to be any good at Busch Gardens Africa?

I've been there three times and the only time anything has been down was this past summer when Cheetah Hunt, the brand new Intamin broke down for 10 minutes and then was back up. Operations on the other hand are diabolical, when I was there, the hourly target on Sheikra was 800... and they got about 650... It didn't "really" matter as the queue was only 10 minutes, but still!

I've been there three times and the only time anything has been down was this past summer when Cheetah Hunt, the brand new Intamin broke down for 10 minutes and then was back up.Operations on the other hand are diabolical, when I was there, the hourly target on Sheikra was 800... and they got about 650... It didn't "really" matter as the queue was only 10 minutes, but still!

Every time I've been to Sea World or Busch Gardens, I've never queued for a roller-coaster for more than 20 minutes. This was at Halloween and mid-august btw. I know the queues will be short but I really don't want any rides to shut down because travelling all the way to Florida for a shut ride will not make me happy :(

Never had any problems, although this year was a nightmare, although that was down to thunderstorms passing by and hanging around us all day!

Ahhh thanks, my question kind of goes for all the parks other than the Disney ones. I'm not bothered about queues because I'm going mid February which kind of explains its self... But I do remember the reliability being okay through out each park, I just wanted to check if they are consistently reliable so I know what to expect when I go. Thanks to everyone who answered :(

• 1 year later...

Busch Gardens Tampa have announced their new ride for 2014 and it looks pretty spectacular!

It's a 335ft drop tower and you'll reach 60mph when dropping, however, there is a twist. You will be tilted 90 degrees at the top to face the ground as you fall. The concept sounds amazing and even a drop tower of that height is quite intimidating!

It's called Falcon's Fury and will open Spring 2014 (typical, just after I visit as per usual).

78e002e7223a4ca7a5aebd63e983f210_tower01

Concept art

From the restraints it looks like it'll be an Intamin as they resemble Lex Luthor Drop of Doom's. However, Merlin used Gerst restraints for Krake so that may not be accurate. Either way, looks interesting, will just depend if the drop is forceful or not!

http://falconsfury.com/en/Parks/BuschGardens_Tampa/Home/Attractions/Rides/Falcons-Fury

Edit: You beat me to it Josh! But my post has a lovely piece of concept art and a link to the rides page so mine's clearly the better post ;)

Looks fantastic, I have been meaning to go back to Florida, I think this will be sweet, but like tommy, I worry about what it will feel like when the brakes are applied... I don't want to go to hospital with crushed lungs... Any how love the concept :D

Sounds a very interesting ride and experience there. Isn't there a ride though in one the six flags called acrophobia where the seats tilt or something but none the less looks very interesting ride there.

Some Intamin Drop Towers tilt about 10-15 degrees currently...

This, being 90 degrees... Could be either awesome or brutally awful...

Yeah Matt, Acrophobia does tilt, but only like 15/20 degrees I think. EDIT: Beaten by Benin. :P

I think the comfort will come down to the restraints to be honest. The idea of a Flying coaster can seem uncomfortable on first thought, but the B&M ones have some of the comfiest restraints around. At the same time, the restraints could ruin the ride and take away any feel from the ride which drop towers are known for. A case of getting the balance right really!

Yeah Matt, Acrophobia does tilt, but only like 15/20 degrees I think. EDIT: Beaten by Benin. :P

I think the comfort will come down to the restraints to be honest. The idea of a Flying coaster can seem uncomfortable on first thought, but the B&M ones have some of the comfiest restraints around. At the same time, the restraints could ruin the ride and take away any feel from the ride which drop towers are known for. A case of getting the balance right really!

Not even B&M restraints can save Tatsu from being awful...