Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Zebraman

Not sure what you mean Benin.

I for one think Tatsu is as smooth and comfortable as Air.

Air doesn't rip my body apart, therefore my preference is based upon whether or not the ride wants to tear me limb from limb...

This experience is not affected by the restraints...

At a guess for comfort and safety I think it will raise seated (as described), tilt at the top, fall facing down but right themselves as the braking engages so it can still stop quite quickly.

If they want to apply the brakes while you are facing the floor I'd think it would need about two thirds of the tower as deceleration to slow gradually enough. making it crap.

Air doesn't rip my body apart, therefore my preference is based upon whether or not the ride wants to tear me limb from limb...

This experience is not affected by the restraints...

Sorry I misinterpreted your post because you were talking about restraints! Don't worry...

Thorpe Park really should invest in a ride like falcons fury, it would give them the edge against other theme parks in something most UK parks (bar Drayton Manor) seems to possess, roller coaster after roller coaster is great but we do need other rides (not like the durge that is storm surge)

Detonator is the best drop tower in the world out of the ones I've ridden...

Why change perfection?

Competely agree. Have ridden drop towers nearly 3 times the height that aren't a patch on Detonator's brute force. Higher towers can make you feel more insecure/acrophobic, but I've yet to find any tower that beats Detty's airtime.

I find detonator just to be a pathetic ride for the park to have now, it was only ever intended as "part time" ride, something to fill the void after the fire and is long overdue being replaced, I find it incredibly lackluster and want/need a replacement that surpasses it and this is similar to the suggestion idea I had in another topic, so I really like the idea, plus rides all have to be replaced at some point and it's a boring ride.

I find detonator just to be a pathetic ride for the park to have now, it was only ever intended as "part time" ride, something to fill the void after the fire and is long overdue being replaced, I find it incredibly lackluster and want/need a replacement that surpasses it and this is similar to the suggestion idea I had in another topic, so I really like the idea, plus rides all have to be replaced at some point and it's a boring ride.

Don't go on it then! There are many people who like Detonator, me being one of them.

The only drop tower I have ridden that tops it in terms of airtime and stomach feeling is The Drop at Funland Hayling Island.

Having been on a few others, including the 300ft+ Hurakan Condor, none of them hold a candle to Detonator and as you can see from this topic there's many others with a similar opinion. Maybe you just aren't a fan of drop towers?

Just because it was a quick fix after the fire burning wwh down, doesn't make it any less of a good ride for me!

I suppose the theme is... well I guess it doesn't really have a theme; but the actual ride experience is one of the best I've had when it comes to drop towers.

The only thing going against Detonator, in my opinion, is the theming. But even then, the style it's got going with the countdown makes up for it in my eyes. Plus, how do you theme a drop tower apart from putting something at the base and making the carriage look fancy?

Detonator is one of the few rides I know which strikes fear into people (so much so I know people who just refuse to do it out of fear!). Interestingly, it's the first time I've heard someone say they find it "boring"; each to their own I guess.