Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Zebraman

• 4 weeks later...

An update on Falcon's Fury:

"Busch Gardens’ new thrill ride Falcon’s Fury includes first-of-its kind design elements, systems and parts. Due to a delay in the fabrication of key component parts, neither the manufacturer nor Busch Gardens are able to complete the lengthy testing processes needed to open the ride to the public. The safety of our guests and team members remains Busch Gardens’ top priority and none of these delays involve safety systems. The ride has been safely operated in the initial stages of the testing process, and all other elements of the park’s newest re-imagined land Pantopia are now open to guests. Busch Gardens will provide updates on the ride opening as events warrant. We are committed to delivering world-class thrills and the best possible ride experience, and we look forward to the launch of Falcon’s Fury, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, later this summer"

Source: Theme Park Guide/Busch Gardens Tampa Facebook page

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how busy this park, and other parks in Florida,  tend to be in October?

Also I know that this park is open 365 days a year meaning that rides could be closed for their yearly maintenance. Does anyone know if they tend to do their main rides during October time or it happens earlier on during the year? 

Thanks, Any comments would be appreciated.

You can find the maintenance schedule for Busch on their website which shows a year in advance. Universal tend to show closures a month or so in advance under their opening times. Not to sure about Disney.

And it depends what time of October you go as the beginning half of the month I know to be quiet. Not sure on the later half.

Ah thanks for that. It isn't booked but were thinking of going next October. Only the sky ride is meant to be closed this October so hopefully there shouldn't be any main rides closed next October. I doubt we are going to the Disney parks to be honest, just the Sea world parks, Universal parks and Wet n Wild. Can just hope that none, or minimal main rides are closed.

We would be going in the second half of October, the 14th for 2 weeks. Hopefully it shouldn't be too busy, heard nothing bad about October, so far ;) 

Surely end of October would be Halloween events, in which case from my friends who have been said the queues aren't that busy for rides, but the mazes can be in excess of an hour at universal - luckily their opening hours are really late then though.

As Halloween event would be a busy time I'm guessing there shouldn't be many rides closed in that period?

Surely end of October would be Halloween events, in which case from my friends who have been said the queues aren't that busy for rides, but the mazes can be in excess of an hour at universal - luckily their opening hours are really late then though.

As Halloween event would be a busy time I'm guessing there shouldn't be many rides closed in that period?

Thanks for that, and the main reason I'm going is for the rides, so I'm fine with that :D I agree about the ride closures, I assume they would do a lot in January and February when it's dead?

The Halloween event at Universal is a separate ticket. Meaning on HHN the park closes at 5pm with it reopening for HHN at 6 till 11/12/1. Islands stays open till 8 ish though.

I believe it's the same for Busch Gardens Howl'O Scream. I'd expect it to be moderately busy with queues between 30 minutes and an hour (probably less). The main rides are very rarely closed for maintenence and although it may not be a particularly busy time of year it is one of the recognised time so they'll plan maintenance schedules around this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah applauding out there means nothing. The 8 times we did Rip Ride Rokit while we were out there in December at least half the train would clap when returning to the station and the staff clap on many of the rides to. They're probably just clapping as they survived. But it's big and bash so Americans will love it.

I can't imagine facing 90 degrees down would make the drop feel that much more intense though? 

Yeah it's more dramatic, but surely you'd just be lying on those horrid looking restraints the whole way down? Doesn't look forceful enough to give much force, but I suppose I haven't ridden it.

Basically... With stealth the launch only feels intense to me on the front row with the air in your face (the back row is amazing for the rest of the ride though)... So even though it looks quite force less, which so do most free fall drop towers by the way, having that exposure to the air dropping down plus while the idea of being scared facing the floor would make the experience more mentally over physically, which works in oblivions case, so why not here.

I'd love to ride it to see for myself (although only been America once back in 2005)... But until then it still looks an awesome idea.

• 1 month later...

Whilst not majorly intense Falcons fury was pretty good - much better than Hurakan Condor but still not anything on Detonator. 

The restraint vests are quite hard - comfortable but I wouldn't like to sat in them to long in the laying down position. They also had a new thing where the seatbelts get locked too and were not able to be undone until the restraints were released - not seen this on a ride before.