Tom

Storm In A Teacup

Storm in a Teacup can be one of your most intense rides of the day, presuming you find a nicely oiled cup. :huh:

Don't think I've seen this mentioned yet...The teacups were looking a bit bland on preview day with their plain white paintscheme. Are they being repainted ready for the main season?

Don't think I've seen this mentioned yet...The teacups were looking a bit bland on preview day with their plain white paintscheme. Are they being repainted ready for the main season?

Do you love sponsorship?I certainly do :)

Sponsered by imperial leather tbh. :) This is biiig bob jones coming at you from the storm in a teacup ride! For some reason teacups now have baths, so bring on the ducks!

Guests must now speak in a Northern accent to board t'Teacups ride...HEY UP CHUCKS, WELCOME TA T'STORM IN A TEACUP RIDE...

Ter is nothing wrong with a bit of a northern accent. You all just scared of t'north ;)

You left out "Shut Oop"...B -;)

Posted ImageShame about the completely bland repaint. It's the pot in the centre that I find rather strange. Really, why bother to paint something so that it is completely blank when it looked a lot better before? Isn't that just a waste of white paint?Oh well, it's just the teacups... ;)

It now defeats the whole object of it being called Storm in a Teacup. It looks so bland and plain. Surely they could have just put the logo over the previous themed paintwork that didn't even look like it needed repainted.If you want to paint something TP then paint Colossus!

I can see it now..."Please be aware that to enter THORPE PARK you must be a minimum of 1.2m. Already brought a ticket? TOOOOOOOO LATE SUCKERS! Sod off to Chessie now!"

Ignoring the humour in benin's post for a second, this is going to hit Thorpe really badly and couldn't be worse timed. Considering they got rid of their kiddy area in promise of a family friendly ride, to have that restriction raised and two other family friendly rides to...It makes me think there is only a matter of time before Rumba gets it to..

So how many rides can kids of 0.9m go on now?Flying FishDepth ChargeRumba RapidsRocky ExpressMMBRCarouselCCRThat's it? Depth Charge's days are numbered, Fish's popularity will probably rise up next season...Oh dear. The thing is, these were (probably?) enforced on Thorpe - this is seriously unfortunate for the park...

Oh dear. The thing is, these were (probably?) enforced on Thorpe - this is seriously unfortunate for the park...

This. The park wouldn't have wanted to have three family friendly rides with high restrictions. It does make me wonder whats happened at Mack for this to happen.Thankfully for Chessington, only Falls has been effected by this. Although I do wonder if Fish/Runaway/RMT will see height restriction changes to follow..

Hmm I have no problem with the sponsor, although Merlin theme parks do seem to love them :)But it takes away the "storm"/Amity thing so now it's just a teacup ride with some WWTP music and a teabag company :DThe worst bit as others have said is the teapot. They could have painted it blue or done something nice with it. They could always suit it to Thorpe's target audience...Storm In A Shotglass sponsored by Smirnoff.

Posted ImageThe teacup had that added just over a month ago, which is an improvement.As for the sponsorship itself; 'That's Better, That's Tetley' is not what I think...

I would really love to know why Merlin feel the need to receive sponsorship to get rid of some cobwebs and give the ride a lick of paint.