Sparkle Project

Mattgwise

where the start should have been

scary scary spooky spooky, scary scary spooky spooky, eeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaa ooooooooooooooh ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh waaaarrrrrruuuuuppppppppppppp (scary music)

ding, (ding ding ding ding ding ding) ding, (ding ding ding ding ding ding), it's, the, hap, py, part, ohhhh, oooooooofffffffff theeeeeeeeee muuuuuuusic, dung dung, ding ding, dong, ding dang dung dung dong, dun dong, dang, dung, dong, haaaaaaaar, haaaaaaaar, haaaaaaaaaaaaar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some fantastic work done over at Stealth shown in the latest Sparkle update, and definitely isn't **** thankfully!

Best the area has looked in all it's history I think! Awesome signage that really brings the area to life! Let's hope that everyone manages to leave their permanent markers, pens and scratching devices at home and it's not ruined within two weeks!

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/qfnVACEa4J7jhutm/

Agreed, the best I’ve ever seen it look. I didn’t actually realise how bad Stealth looked until they started to do this.

You can also see on the stairs the new TV which will show pre loading information to try and speed up dispatches.

All stealth is missing now is a single rider queue 

https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/Thorpe-Park-A-Look-Behind-Closed-Doors-One-Month-Till-Opening-2024

a great article on Theme Park Guide here about  the many changes

Some good news for the entrance, although not the major overhaul it needs, it’s all being repainted and the terrible screen is finally being repaired.

interesting to read that all of the relatively new “surf” theming in the dome is now gone and will be replaced by the newly branded stuff.  I feel like that all only just arrived!

A LOT going on, everywhere by the looks of it.

Looking forward to seeing it all when it opens 

As amazing as the sparkle project is and I’m very aware it’s a multi year project. 

I’m curious as to why they didn’t attempt to refresh the whole entrance area and plaza this year. If you want the park looking the best for the opening of Hyperia. Surely the entrance plaza is the place to start!

Very true, though it's amazing what a difference fresh paint does make...

I would assume there'll be more in closed season 2024/25 - surely the next focus is Nemesis Inferno and completely refurbing the volcano.... the fact they are doing work to the queue this year would hint to me that it's very much on their radar. Maybe a SAW spruce up too, but then, they always have the "abandoned theming" get out clause there! Maybe we'll see new tarmac surfaces a la CWoA, though quite a boring thing to spend money on, it does make quite a world of difference.

• 2 weeks later...

No way they're staying with that screen for the start of the season. Just doesn't make sense to pay all that money to refresh the rest of the enterance and most of the park but leave the dodgy screen. 

Hopefully the new video/graphic is playing on it just to test how it will look when the new screen arrives....