Oblivion

AltonThorpe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went on this ride only once over four and a half years ago and loved it. I'd like to go back to Alton some day but the queing is horrifying apparantly.I really loved the tension that this ride built up for me. The drop was great as well. However, I prefere SAW as it lasts longer and is imo a better ride. I sadly didn't get the chance to ride Nemesis as we ran out of time and only got on six rides. But Oblivion was probably my favourite that I managed to ride.

That sounds about right, I went on one of those Christian event days where there was 25,000 guests and the most we queued was 90 minutes for Oblivion.Whilst the queues at Alton can be just as long if not longer then Thorpes, the parks rides have higher capacities meaning that whilst you may queue the same amount of time, it doesn't feel as long as you are nearly constantly moving.I'd rather queue 90 minutes for Oblivion for instance then 20 minutes for Vortex. :)

• 2 months later...

You honestly believe Thorpe's queue's aren't as bad as Alton's ? I never say this but. LOL!If you dig long boring queue's that meander endlessly then ok :unsure: Have you only visited Thorpe when it's quiet and Alton when it's busy? The majority of the rides at Alton have better throughputs and it's a bigger park, so people are spread out and a lot of people are walking. There is only one queue I think that is worth at Alton than any at Thorpe and that's Rita's and possibly Spinball's. The queue's are one of the things that ruin Thorpe for me personally.

I went to alton in may and thorpe park in august, summer is usually the biggest time for theme parks and I find thorpe park queue's just fine.However when I was at alton they where hideously long queue's that seemed to drag on forever and we all get incredibly bored.

I went to alton in may and thorpe park in august, summer is usually the biggest time for theme parks and I find thorpe park queue's just fine.However when I was at alton they where hideously long queue's that seemed to drag on forever and we all get incredibly bored.

When in May?When in August?What were the weather conditions?I could go on, but I can't really be bothered... No park should be judged on a singular visit...

In may when the weather was nice, towards the end of it and in ausgut when the weather was nice.At Alton towers we had to wait in horrific queue's for the coasters such as air it was around two hours and Nemesis was around 1 hour 50, spinall we waited for an hour, oblivion 1 hour and 20 minutes, rita 1 hour 40 mins, the queue's where horrifically long and when going to thorpe park I found the queue's not to be so bad so I've prefered thorpe park, I have been slightly tempted to return to alton towers on occasions but I regularly hear friends talking about horrible queue's on their visits.

Nemesis 1hr 50mins.. yeaahh thats the queue all three areas open, out the entrance and right up the hill towards lava lump, air two hours is almost a full queue. Considering that happened a total of zero times last year, I doubt you're correct :unsure:.Remember there are staff on these forums, and they can tell you that queues barely over an hour, let alone horrendous!