Rant

Theme Park bloke

No, you're posting stuff that should, in essence be kept away from mainstream humour. You are one of the people killing the type of humour. Stop it.

Why do you keep going down the ;Ryan's trying to get humour' route? I posted it on here in the RANT topic, as part of a RANTING discussion.

Why do you keep going down the ;Ryan's trying to get humour' route? I posted it on here in the RANT topic, as part of a RANTING discussion.

You didn't explain it, seeing as the whole storm in a teacup thing with her happened as it was humour, I presumed you meant it humorous. Explain yourself properly in future, and stop being so full of it.

Yeah they've been pretty unhelpful so far, it feels like no one cares about people with mental health issues and if someone has problems then they feel it's okay to look down on them. I know I get fustrated and upset when he goes mental at us but at the end of the day I understand he can't help it and it was due to his awful childhood and he's my Dad and I love him to bits. Even when my Mum told the doctor he's attempted suicide nothing got done, it took for her to say it's destroying our family and hurting my two teenage daughters for anything to get done. I just feel so angry because so many people go undiagnosed and it's put down to depression and they're doped up on drugs that work for all of 6 months and then the dosage is upped. Well that's good until they wear off or the dose becomes so high it's like a tranquiliser. I think having this issue within our family has made me want to work with people with problems like my Dad has because then I can feel better for all the times I've told him I've hated him during one of his moments and I can give something back.

I know exactly what you mean, I've been in your very position, it is hard to just pretend you are not angry with their actions, but if you worked in mental health it could benefit your dad as well, knowing he has extra and personal support in the family :)

Your raising awareness about a girl who was a huge bitch and started on loads of people. She got what was coming to her and got massively-bullied, people are sending her personal death threats that she has to be protected by the police and ahhh, the consequences will never be the same.It's safe to say that, that girl's life will never be the same...I feel for her ^^Sebby-Baby, leave off the 15-yr olds; they're not ripe enough xD

Edited by Will

Anyway...Having a ****ing awful day and week... my guinea pig got put down due to illness and since then I've just been depressed, I felt on the verge of self harming last night and my best mates wernt answering the phone and I didn't know what to do... I felt so lost :) And now today today I tried to catch up with some friends I have been in touch with for a while and got no reply all day... its so bloody frustrating :D I was aiming for a better summer. Every time I leave school/college I just immediately go into depression, I need to see my friends and soon, it doesn't do me much good being at home. End of rant...

GrrTad pathetic of a Rant I know, but anyways...A now ex friend of mine is going to a Private School for college. He got a scholarship and all well good. Congrats to him and such.He acted rather snobbish about it, he was told and he eventually stopped. Now, he starts all blooming over again.He says I should start making friends with people who go to Private Schools as they have more interesting conversations and they don't use words such as 'Meh', like I do when I'm bored / busy. He also finds the use of the word Meh insulting. This occasion, I've been busy due to writing on here. :)He then goes on to his usual old routine as to how Private education is the greatest, so on and on. Just general annoyance and that. He then brings up, yet again (I ranted about this... lol), how I didn't go to a Prom after party despite him knowing I'm not someone to get drunk nor be around those who are drunk (like 95% at the after party) due to personal reasons.Just an annoyance I needed to get off my chest!

My rant is just people in general not knowing the whole personal space thing I have, when I'm getting irritated the worst thing to do is hug me or something and yet my best friend knows this and despite me politely asking for him just to step away just because he was with a mate he decided he was going to take the piss. I almost hit him in the faces. Hes meant to know about this stuff as hes seen what bloody happens. I hate it when people act differently in front of people.

I hate it when friends complain that you never invite them out. That's because you're always out with your boyfriend who we all hate and you never make yourself avaliable to go out and you never ask to come along.Oh and bitching about your friends on Facebook, yeah not a good idea. :')

Why is it acceptable to say to a thin person "Ew you're so bony, do you ever eat?" and crap like that, when saying to a chubby/fat person "Ew you're so fat, do you ever stop eating?" would be bloody insulting?And why is it acceptable to mock someone for looking young for their age (particularly young people, who are the last people who want to look below their age!) but insulting to say somebody looks older than their age?:blink:I get faced with these insults all the time :huh: Yes, they are insulting. But because being thin and young-looking are supposedly good things, people don't think how it actually makes me feel. I'll tell you...inferior. Particularly the age thing. The way they gawp at me and go "SERIOUSLY?!" Well for these rude people's information: I DO eat, I'm always eating, yes I eat enough food, yes I weigh myself regularly and for my height and age my weight and BMI are normal actually!! Many people in my family are slim so that probably explains why I'm like it too.Same goes for looking young. I'm lucky to have young-looking parents and I've inherited that from them, clearly! :)Well whatever, when all these people are middle-aged, depressed about their bodies, fretting over wrinkles and wasting time and money on anti-ageing crap, I'll be sitting on my firm little arse, laughing my lovely young-looking face off! :blink:

Why is it acceptable to say to a thin person "Ew you're so bony, do you ever eat?" and crap like that, when saying to a chubby/fat person "Ew you're so fat, do you ever stop eating?" would be bloody insulting?And why is it acceptable to mock someone for looking young for their age (particularly young people, who are the last people who want to look below their age!) but insulting to say somebody looks older than their age?:blink:I get faced with these insults all the time :huh: Yes, they are insulting. But because being thin and young-looking are supposedly good things, people don't think how it actually makes me feel. I'll tell you...inferior. Particularly the age thing. The way they gawp at me and go "SERIOUSLY?!" Well for these rude people's information: I DO eat, I'm always eating, yes I eat enough food, yes I weigh myself regularly and for my height and age my weight and BMI are normal actually!! Many people in my family are slim so that probably explains why I'm like it too.Same goes for looking young. I'm lucky to have young-looking parents and I've inherited that from them, clearly! :)Well whatever, when all these people are middle-aged, depressed about their bodies, fretting over wrinkles and wasting time and money on anti-ageing crap, I'll be sitting on my firm little arse, laughing my lovely young-looking face off! :blink:

I'm 5"1 and people always go to me 'Awwwwh oh my god you're so short!' It really annoys me sometimes and I'm like I know I'm short! I've been very short all of my life, it's not like I woke up one morning in my teens and thought, oh jesus I'm short! When did this happen?

I know!Although the odd thing is, when I was a kid I looked my age but I was short, always have been. The looking young for my age thing didn't start until I was in my teens. Sometimes I wonder if I've got something wrong or my hormones went wrong! :blink: I know other people who look young but I always get the worst reactions from people :) I'm sure actually everything's fine, cos everything else in terms of puberty etc was :huh: It is probably just cos my parents look young...and their parents do too!I'm dreading going back to college though...a girl who works at the cattery is also going but she's 16, she asked today how old I am, gave the worst reaction I've ever had, and now I'm dreading it happening again and again during the first few weeks. But I can't lie about my age, too much hassle. Maybe no one will ask my age, because I'll look 16? Goodness knows, but I better come up with some good comebacks (polite of course) to make myself feel better. Cos the annoying reality is, I can't force myself to look older, I can't stop people reacting the way they do, so I need to find some way to cope with it.Maybe I'll say, "What?!! Seriously, do I really look young for my age? :P I didn't realise, no one has ever said this to me before. Now I'm really upset and depressed and self-conscious now."Loooooool.

I was always short and I was one of the shortest people in my high school class. I got people telling me how I've small feet and how I look so young. "You look like..10" and somehow I shot up and had an average-height and instead of size 6 feet shoe size, I now have size 11 feet and wear size 12 shoes. My Sis' friends ask my Sis when they visit:"OMG, whose trainers are those?" and my Sis says "My Brother's". They claim how "he has huuuugge feet". When I meet people especially new people they ask me how old I am. I tell them I'm 20 (Now 21) and they look like they incredibly-shocked. People tell me how I look so young and I'll be honest; I feel good about myself. I'm starting University in Mid-September and everyone else will be minimum 18-yrs. People tell me I look around 18/19 but I'll be dead-worried about what people will say, when they find out I'm like OLD - compared to them.Michaela: What people think about us does matter to us; we have feelings and we're only human to feel the emotions and thoughts that we feel. As long as you feel good about yourself than that will make you feel happier and you will be able to accept yourself. If you feel confident about yourself and you believe that you look good and feel happy about your appearance, than what people might say about you, won't actually matter. My friends tell me I'm too skinny and I shouldn't lose anymore weight but if anything should put on weight, it doesn't make me upset or offended.

My rant:I went up to Harrods with my Mum (She works there) and her collegues and friends were saying how 'gorgeous and handsome I look' and NO!...they weren't blind or trying to be nice. Most of the people who work there are young, goregous women from a wide-variety of nationalities. I heard one of my Mum's young colleagues saying to another, how handsome I am and I was like "Awww" and I had a huge grin; I tried my best to not get over-excited; which I'm famous for.Every older person 25+ I know or see talks about how old they look or how they wish they could change nip 'n' tuck something about them or wish that they weren't fat or weren't too skinny or how they wished they didn't smoke or drink too much alcohol, because of the long-term health effects. I never knew how image-conscience people were.I lead a healthy life and I don't smoke and I casually drink and I don't gorge myself on piles of junk food and sweet things. I never had many spots / acne / pimples and always had quite nice-looking and glowing skin, which is down to how well I take care of myself. I recently realised that I may be nice-looking, healthy and the appropiate heigh 'n' weight for my age right now, but it can catch up to me and it may be, that in 4-5 years, I become less healthier and have put on more weight.I does worry me and I hate that I always worry. I don't mind worrying a little bit but seriously...I need to start smoking weed (e.g.) and 'chillax'.

I worried too much about what people thought of me and I've now paid for that with my health. Would go into it but its pretty boring. My rant is I'm getting really fed up with people who either smoke because they think they look cool and people who assume that all people smoke cause they think they look cool. I for one know I don't look any cooler with a cigarette in my hand, I started cause I tried it and I liked it. I'm now not liking but I'm kinda in quite deep so yeah it's not cool. I guess I dont mind people assuming we smoke cause we think we look cool, it's the people who do it to be cool that bugs me the most. People would not think like they do if it wasn't for you guys. So thanks.