Rant

Theme Park bloke

FOOTBALL RANT AHEAD!On the same day Wayne Rooney signed his new contract after throwing his toys out of the pram and wanting more money, an ENTIRE club could be dead...An absolute disgrace this is... Ridiculous... It's bad enough with the non-league clubs rising and dying here and there, but the entire game is buggered up due to the money and it's getting really sickening...Hate the Premiership...

FOOTBALL RANT AHEAD!On the same day Wayne Rooney signed his new contract after throwing his toys out of the pram and wanting more money, an ENTIRE club could be dead...An absolute disgrace this is... Ridiculous... It's bad enough with the non-league clubs rising and dying here and there, but the entire game is buggered up due to the money and it's getting really sickening...Hate the Premiership...

Just a few things to think about. It wasn't just the money that made Rooney want to leave, it was the fact that he did not believe Man Utd have the ambition to get new top-class players and continue winning trophies. Yes the money did play a part in it, but absolutely everyone has a price. He was earning around £90,000 a week, as one of the greatest young players in Europe at the moment, he should have something to say if a player just up the road at Manchester City was earning around £200,000 a week..I put my heart out to everyone associated to Portsmouth Football Club, it is an absolute shame to see this happen to any club, let alone a club with fans as passionate as Portsmouth.One more thing, Portsmouth F.C are in the Championship, not the Premier League :)

Just a few things to think about. It wasn't just the money that made Rooney want to leave, it was the fact that he did not believe Man Utd have the ambition to get new top-class players and continue winning trophies. Yes the money did play a part in it, but absolutely everyone has a price. He was earning around £90,000 a week, as one of the greatest young players in Europe at the moment, he should have something to say if a player just up the road at Manchester City was earning around £200,000 a week..I put my heart out to everyone associated to Portsmouth Football Club, it is an absolute shame to see this happen to any club, let alone a club with fans as passionate as Portsmouth.One more thing, Portsmouth F.C are in the Championship, not the Premier League :)

I've just had a thought, Rooney wanted to leave because he thought the club lacked ambition. So why exactly has he signed a contract for another five years? Will they buying more world class players then as well as paying more.Is he really worth £150,000 a week?Really?Seriously?Truely?

Just a few things to think about. It wasn't just the money that made Rooney want to leave, it was the fact that he did not believe Man Utd have the ambition to get new top-class players and continue winning trophies. Yes the money did play a part in it, but absolutely everyone has a price. He was earning around £90,000 a week, as one of the greatest young players in Europe at the moment, he should have something to say if a player just up the road at Manchester City was earning around £200,000 a week..

That is complete and utter petulance...If at a normal workplace someone wanted more money after performing less than expected and starting saying I don't wanna work here they'd get fired...Stop talking crap...

One more thing, Portsmouth F.C are in the Championship, not the Premier League :)

I'm suprised people know other leagues exist... ;)

I've just had a thought, Rooney wanted to leave because he thought the club lacked ambition. So why exactly has he signed a contract for another five years? Will they buying more world class players then as well as paying more.Is he really worth £150,000 a week?Really?Seriously?Truely?

The club have had many talks over the past 24 hours with board members and Rooney's representatives. During these meetings I'm sure many ideas of how to improve the club have been brought up. Rooney believed the club were more worried about sorting out their debt, rather than improving the club with new players. Alex Ferguson is such a brilliant manager, he knows what he's doing. Like they just said on sky sports news, "every footballing kid wants to play for Man Utd", they will never run out of good players as they have such a strong history. The reserve team at the moment is so unbelievably strong, all they need is first-team experience. These young players will eventually grow into household names and Man Utd will be going for all trophies again. It's just a patience game :)

Is he really worth £150,000 a week?

In fairness, is anyone worth that much? The highest earner at Blackpool is on £10,000 a week and the club are doing fantastically well. Some would even argue that £10k is too much. And, whilst we're on the topic of celebrities and money, why is it footballers get all the stick? Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter in case you've lived in a cave for the past few years :)) has a fortune of about £25 million for doing what - learning some lines and pretending to be a wizard. Yet very few people moan about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not singling out Radcliffe, nor defending footballers, but is it fair that they get all the stick?

That is complete and utter petulance...If at a normal workplace someone wanted more money after performing less than expected and starting saying I don't wanna work here they'd get fired...Stop talking crap...I'm suprised people know other leagues exist... :P

That's right, Benin is allowed to rant about something he is clearly un-educated about, but when someone else comes in and expresses their views on the matter, they are "talking crap". I could have (and probably should have) been ruder to you in my response because quite simply, you are a miserable sod who should really take a step back and think about their actions before posting.

The club have had many talks over the past 24 hours with board members and Rooney's representatives. During these meetings I'm sure many ideas of how to improve the club have been brought up. Rooney believed the club were more worried about sorting out their debt, rather than improving the club with new players. Alex Ferguson is such a brilliant manager, he knows what he's doing. Like they just said on sky sports news, "every footballing kid wants to play for Man Utd", they will never run out of good players as they have such a strong history. The reserve team at the moment is so unbelievably strong, all they need is first-team experience. These young players will eventually grow into household names and Man Utd will be going for all trophies again. It's just a patience game :P

What the hell has this got to do with Portsmouth?Just... Argh... Couldn't give a crap about how good Man U's reserve team is, I wonder how many actually weren't stolen from another lower league club like so many others are...And that quote makes me angry... Hate Sky Sports, hate the arse-licking of the 'top 4', hate that league so much...

That's right, Benin is allowed to rant about something he is clearly un-educated about, but when someone else comes in and expresses their views on the matter, they are "talking crap". I could have (and probably should have) been ruder to you in my response because quite simply, you are a miserable sod who should really take a step back and think about their actions before posting.

UN-EDUCATED? How actually dare you... I haven't supported my local team for 20 years, survived two administrations not to realise what the hell is going on with football these days...Seriously, sod off...

What the hell has this got to do with Portsmouth?Just... Argh... Couldn't give a crap about how good Man U's reserve team is, I wonder how many actually weren't stolen from another lower league club like so many others are...And that quote makes me angry... Hate Sky Sports, hate the arse-licking of the 'top 4', hate that league so much...UN-EDUCATED? How actually dare you... I haven't supported my local team for 20 years, survived two administrations not to realise what the hell is going on with football these days...Seriously, sod off...

Nothing to do with Portsmouth at all, It was in reference to Mark's post. Man Utd have not stolen any footballers from other lower league clubs so you can get that idea out of your head.Quote making you angry? Oh poor you, want a tissue? "Top 4" I do hope you realise that these teams have been the top 4 teams in English football for a long time now, and as that changes people will be turning heads which means media coverage. Yes, un-educated. Rooney stated that he was not going to renew his contract back in the summer, before he was playing badly.

Nothing to do with Portsmouth at all, It was in reference to Mark's post. Man Utd have not stolen any footballers from other lower league clubs so you can get that idea out of your head.Quote making you angry? Oh poor you, want a tissue? "Top 4" I do hope you realise that these teams have been the top 4 teams in English football for a long time now, and as that changes people will be turning heads which means media coverage. Yes, un-educated. Rooney stated that he was not going to renew his contract back in the summer, before he was playing badly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9101905.stmThen why does this article taken off the BBC state the 18th October? This would've been big news THROUGHOUT the end of the transfer window if he had been, since links would've been jumping around EVERYDAY... And you call ME un-educated...And also, if Man U DON'T take other youngsters off teams, why does FM11's demo have at least 13 players from their youth team that did not start their career at the club?I do realise that those 4 have been at the top, doesn't make them particularly nice teams though does it? And you're being the reason why right now, because you're a 'supporter' who lives in SURREY... I hazard a guess that I've actually seen Man U live more times than you... Which is amusing when I don't support a team that's in the Premiership itself... Evidently you've had an 'education' from Sky Sports... Definitely not from going to Old Trafford every home game...Did you also know that name-calling makes someone's arguement less valid? So all this use of 'un-educated' from someone who is 4 years my younger makes me laugh...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9101905.stmThen why does this article taken off the BBC state the 18th October? This would've been big news THROUGHOUT the end of the transfer window if he had been, since links would've been jumping around EVERYDAY... And you call ME un-educated...And also, if Man U DON'T take other youngsters off teams, why does FM11's demo have at least 13 players from their youth team that did not start their career at the club?I do realise that those 4 have been at the top, doesn't make them particularly nice teams though does it? And you're being the reason why right now, because you're a 'supporter' who lives in SURREY... I hazard a guess that I've actually seen Man U live more times than you... Which is amusing when I don't support a team that's in the Premiership itself... Evidently you've had an 'education' from Sky Sports... Definitely not from going to Old Trafford every home game...Did you also know that name-calling makes someone's arguement less valid? So all this use of 'un-educated' from someone who is 4 years my younger makes me laugh...

The whole Man Utd supported living in Surrey thing, my parents have been Man Utd fans their whole lives, so I've kinda been brought up to continue that :P But yeah, I'm sorry if I've upset you or anything. And the Rooney in summer thing, he only told the management team, it was only recently leaked to the press.I'm eating a Cornetto and I don't want a silly argument to ruin it, so let's both stop being so silly and move on :P

Seriously JoshC?Daniel Radcliffe is a fantastic actor and pretty-damn talented; he had to get through a vigarous (SP) audition process in order to get the role. He's worked hard every single movie to deliver the best performance and to satisfy the director and the team. It's not easy learning a "few lines" or should I say....a 20-page script which I doubt you could do :P and channel the performance the way that people want; even if you have to repeat the same lines 25 times at 10 different angles, in different tones of voice - which is frustrating and tiring.Daniel is not like Wayne Rooney, who smashes a few whores and a dirty granny, plays crap from what my mates tell me and gets paid hunded millions. I hate football because even though the training process and to keep in peak-shape and a superb physical condition is hard and very tiring; to kick a ball around and get paid £60.00 (est) per minute is taking the blantant piss.David Beckham is always hopping from club to club (and I know nothing about football, but am just giving my opinion, which I am allowed to) and can't even kick properly; he's so stupid he thinks he's playing Rugby and kicks the balls over the flipping goal posts and he gets paid £54.00 (est) per minute. I think he was lucky to be even asked to be the Mascot / Mentor-thing; I'd rather get Cheryl Cole to be the mascot because at least, she can be entertaining after a few pints.

Edited by Will

Yes Will, seriously. I don't disagree that Radcliffe is good at his job - so is Rooney. However, for what they do, does it warrant millions of pounds worth of fortune. No.And what you say about Rooney, very much based on recent media revelations. So if the media revealed Radcliffe was doing similar things to Rooney, your opinion about him would more than likely change, very much so too.And why do you feel the need to say "but am just giving my opinion, which I am allowed to"? No one has said anything that would have a go at you for what you just said there. So why say you're just giving your opinion - we know. There's no need to try and make a deal out of something when there really is no need.

If Daniel did things like Rooney, yes it would change. But thankfully, Daniel is just a normal guy who loves his Cricket games. After reading about what happened between Benin and Ryan; I thought I'd get ripped to pieces by footie fans if I didn't remind that I know nothing about footie and am just giving an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a theory that everything technical in my house is from the black market.All 3 of my parents laptops have had problems,My stereo packed up,and even the kettle fizzed then exploded :( Also my Windows XP computer, which I've had since 2006 decided to permanently 'Log Out'. So I bought a new "gaming" computer with the OS being Windows 7 and when I installed RCT3 I was told constantly that RCT3 "Cannot run on this computer" :( Sims 3 is an OK replacement but not as fun as RCT3.

• 1 month later...