Rant

Theme Park bloke

From what I know at uni, it will be what they call 'independent learning' which is what I'm used to. I found at college that I was doing 80% of my work at home because that way, I'm by myself and can concentrate a lot better and get more work done.I think as long as I do things when I get them done, and not leave them to the last minute, I will be OK. Since it takes me longer to do my work, I wouldn't be able to leave things to the last minute. I'm happy that the first year doesn't count in terms of marks / results but it's used to help you get comfortable. The thing is, I have to pass certain compulsory and required / recommended modules in order to choose something next year. E.g. - I can't choose Object-Orientated Programming or XML & Web Technologies in my 2nd year, unless I pass computer programming in my 1st year.

What is so offensive or annoying about what I said?I was talking about my time at university and how I've found it. And how my time at College is different, from how my time at University will be. I find that I work better at home because I can concentrate better, and it's just so happens that at University, we have fewer days and hours than College, because most of what we do, would be independent.Chris: I assumed, that you were making a reply to what I said previously. if you weren't, I'm aplogise.

Now, I don't have a problem with the site.However, very often I seem to wonder straight into arguments thinking I might have a valid point to add. Well, that is what discussion boards are for. But, every single time I get some smarmy reply highlighting a flaw in my post, usually something completely irrelevant to the point I am trying to get across.When I point this out, which I admittadly would do in an equally as argumentative way, the conversation usually goes in a silly direction. This has ended up, in the past, with getting told I am wrong and myself looking like a troll.This happens at least once a week. In fact, it big arguments seem to happen all the time here to most people.Well, I'm sorry if I ever cause anybody offense. I am also sorry if I should not be expecting people to be offended because it is nothing to get offended about. I am sorry for posting this if it should not be posted, but if it should be posted then... I have hit the "add reply" button anyway.May I add that my argumentative posts seem to portray me as somebody who rages at the keyboard determined not to stop typing because "SOmeBody on dA INTErneTZ iz WRONg!1 I muST COrrecT THEM!" In fact, I am a rather humorous person who just loves the theme park industry and any form of theatrics.

Mini rant time about the Town Centre. First off I really enjoy and like being where I live, what with London being so close and a short journey to Windsor (Which I adore.) But the town centre in Maidenhead is getting very sh1te! My sister for a long time worked in a Thorntons chocolate shop, it was a great saturday thing and she worked with really nice people. Then, one day, people come in and start measuring the dimensions of the shop. Turns out humble Thorntons was being turned into a Phones 4 U ;) Now, this means theres a carphone wearhouse next door, another phone shop a 20 second walk away, and then down onto the high street you'll find several more phone shops! Theres a total of 9 phone shops all withen a 5 minute proximity! Maidenhead isn't all that big, how can there be such a demand? At one point there were 3 games shops literally a few metres away from eachother, only one of them is still open. Pound shops are springing up all over the place aswell as card shops.Want to buy a cd or DVD? Forget it, all closed, will have to go out of the centre to Blockbusters. It's a bit of a pity too seeming as we're right on a river, so much potential! But the only hint of there being a river in the Town centre is behind an old dirty abandoned cinema. Bleugh.Rant over.

I meant that I thought it should be obvious to people, if there is a chain around something, you don't ignore it because it's obviously there for a reason. ;)

YOU see it as a barrier, I see it as a challenge...That is the most likely difference in thought processes going on...I'm not supporting it, just thinking that it's something a bit pathetic to whinge about...

YOU see it as a barrier, I see it as a challenge...That is the most likely difference in thought processes going on...I'm not supporting it, just thinking that it's something a bit pathetic to whinge about...

Haha, fair enough. I didn't bring it up originally though. It's just something I find annoying. Like I find graffiti/things being broken at Thorpe Park annoying but other people don't notice/care.

When you tell your friend that you'll probably be on your own during Freshers as everyone has cooped off together and get this as a response: "I dont care. I'll be to busy getting it on with [insert name of girlfriend who boy has known for 2 and a half weeks max.] " :)

At least you'll be going! Tickets have already sold out after about 3 days, despite the number of tickets being sold is no where near the capacity of the venue...(Then again, I wasn't actually going to bother going - but meh, loads of people are fuming.)