Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

There is a small housing next to the blades which has an isolator switch, I'm pretty sure that they will spin.

Been playing detective with all these photos, and when I looked at the photos from www.thorpeparkguide.com, there appears to be a lighter coloured box which is attached to the blades on the headchopper.See here: Courtesy of Thorpe Park GuideBy luck, could this be a motor of some sort to spin the blades?Just a guess, but I may be onto something. ;)EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that the box also has doors - perhaps for maintenance of the motor? I don't know. You can see it better here: Courtesy of Thorpe Park Guide

;)Went to Thorpe today, there's been a few changes to the site: "The digger's pretending to be Samurai":Posted ImageExtractor fans with 'frames', Saw bridge(s) one contructed, and one in the process of being construced:Posted Image;)

^ Dam to late, o well Another update for ya ;)Wednesday 18th February 2009 – Just got back from the Thorpe Park again for some updates to keep my Blog running. See Pictures or

(vid will be up very soon)Much more progress since I last saw it four days ago with busy workers finishing the paving on the ground. Fences has started being put up, silver frames have been attached around the two huge industrial fans, as well as a big rusty pipe attached to the main building leading to the fake boiler tank, and some various other little bits and bobs. A little testing was going on. And just to confirm “Saw” The Ride’s opening day will be on the 14th of March. Next update from me should be in a week’s time.

Some great images! Thank you everyone ;) I love the recycling that seems to be happening on site, I'm sure those containers that are being used for the shop were also used for the construction of the ride?This is getting really exciting now, I can't see how those who don't even like the concept of Saw can't get caught up with the excitement! Does anyone know if the footers are going to be themed?

Nice pictures Freddy!!I'm only on no. 28 and there's evidence of mist coming from the car exit of the building and the footers for the windmill ;)Oh and the test-seat has been installed :]But seriously the cars climb the lift tower so slow ;)

^ Well actually the chain lift runs pretty fast. I just happen to video whilst they were testing it at a slower rate.

SMOKE! I SEE SMOKE! Wonder where that fits into?Freddy Please tell me you took that photo whilst standing as still as possible. Because those blades ARE SPINNING

^ I am sorry to say that the blades on the headchopper were not moving today. And the smoke that you saw was from the workers machinery.I'm so so sorry that my video is taking so long but will be up in the morning, Edit:

DAMN IT! My Pass expires this sunday. ;):P :P ;)

Yarrgggggghhh. Mine expired last Sunday. I thought there was little point in renewing if you work there! But... I don't start 'till the 16th. So, yeah, just yaaaaaarrg. Tpkapz, you were successful right? Hoping so!But...1. Proper damn good idea, making it just Annual Pass holders. Makes them feel special and totally value-for-moneyed.2. Ride it first competition = failure ? (So far Zombie McBride and her hubby have had a photo on it, but that's all... :P )

Tpkabz, you were successful right? Hoping so!

I think so. I was so stupid today actually. Thorpe tried to call me and it could've been the call that finalizes everything and I missed it. But the stupid thing was, I had my mobile in my pocket ALL DAY! I felt gutted because I couldn't call back the number they dialed from, they block incoming calls.

2. Ride it first competition = failure ? (So far Zombie McBride and her hubby have had a photo on it, but that's all... ;) )

They didn't ride it. ;)

I think so. I was so stupid today actually. Thorpe tried to call me and it could've been the call that finalizes everything and I missed it. But the stupid thing was, I had my mobile in my pocket ALL DAY! I felt gutted because I couldn't call back the number they dialed from, they block incoming calls. They didn't ride it. ;)

Not a good idea to even associate yourself with working at the park, it is strictly forbidden by your contract to discuss anything Merlin related on the internet Steve, just a heads up ;)

"To experience SAW - The Ride at THORPE PARK, guests must be a minimum of 1.4m tall, chest and size restrictions also apply. SAW - The Ride it is not recommended if you’re under 12. For safety reasons riders must be properly secured in the seat, which may not be possible for some guests with larger torso or thigh measurements."That settles the age restriction debate.