Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Just to be sure, is there any sign of the windmill in the revised plans? I mean the ones that show the SAW theme? Because as far as I'm aware, the windmill is no longer part of the plans, and nothing resembling a windmill as been delivered to the site yet; and it looks like there are no footers for it in it's proposed location.And for the record, the blades should spin, there is a cog machanism attached to one side, and what looks like a motor-housing boxing on the main station building. Let's hope H&S see sense...

Well there isn't any source with says otherwise so we can only presume there will be. I think the Windmill is still in the plans personally as it was submitted to the council in the same plans as the ride entrance and that seems to be going along as planned. The only thing lacking on the site now I think is trees and vegetation! Oh and people riding it ;)

I don't see how H&S can worry if they spin. It won't make them any closer so it is just as safe as it not spinning. The sawmill will be divided into rooms or sections for the ride experience and probably the indoor queue.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the indoor section of the queue just a straight corridor and stairs leading up to the loading platform?

Haha, true.Actually, I wonder if they're fixing that on Tidal Wave? It looks a mess just being there the way it is. Hope that gets cleaned too!As for SAW, I'm pretty sure they're gonna 'look after' this ride a lot more. Little things like the blades spinning will make SAW: The Ride what it's meant to be.

...Which had it's power supply cut because of Stealth's installation, not even Thorpe would dare build another coaster that would cause the saws to stop spinning. In any case, I really hope that now that Merlin have built a major ride at Thorpe, they'll take the time to make sure effects and theming are kept in good condition. And maybe, just maybe, Merlin will reapair and refurbish all rides that need their effects fixed in the time between now and their next coaster/flat ride, instead of forking out for a half-decent un-themed ride *glares at Rush*

Again, I completely agree. I really think that they could spend a little money repairing the little things that make a big impact on some of the rides. The gas tank on Tidal Wave, the lack of theming now on Zodiac, the power shower on the rapids...although they might've fixed that. Little things like that really please a lot of people, especially many of us on the forum.

it could make a great combo, watch Saw 6 and then ride the record-breaking SAW:The Ride!. that would be awesome ;)!I agree that the saw films have died.Saw 1 was good - good storyline, then the same with saw 2. Saw 3 was just mindless violence as was Saw 4 with even less of a good storyline. I used to be a Saw enthusiast, but I didn't even bother with Saw 5.Also, does anyone know if the saws at the bottom of the drop are going to spin? if so it would be so scary :S

Excellent. I have no idea on the music being used for the ride, but I presume they will stick to the Saw theme?Also, it would be great if they had speakers throughout the chain lift - to build up the tension as it were. I suppose because of the "more than 90 degree" drop, it will look like you will go straight into the saws. Also, does anyone know what will happen during the dark section of the ride? I.e.: will it be pitch black with noices of screaming for example, or something different?

yeah I suppose. I can't wait for the first ride ;) whatever they do, I'm sure it is going to be incredible seeing as they have given the ride a big build up (with the SAW stlye trailers, website, advertising etc). thinking about it now, just having the ride pitch black might be a bit cheap. anyway, we'll just have to wait and see ;)