Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Well lets think about it actually.If they did ride it, then that would mean all this testing is completely pointless, no? The whole point of testing, is to ensure it meets the safety standards and that it is okay for the general public to ride. Let me remind you that the people photographed are still normal people. So if it is okay for them to ride, then it's okay for everyone else to ride, and there would be no need for testing.Thorpe wouldn't have allowed them to go round if they hadn't tested it.Short Version: They Didn't Ride, Because Its Not Logical

Well the reason they could have an event like that is cos they can just take a group of people up the access route being used by engineers, whereas to open it to the public it needs a queueline, baggage storage facilities, and meet all H&S requirements. Commissing hasn't even finished yet. It's just a publicity stunt and its working cos we're all talking about it!

It's not actually on the block break, just before them...Look VERY closely at the bottom of the car, its normal track!On one hand, it could of been a publicity stunt due to the fact that they are still in the process of testing and why would they get to ride it while it is still under construction?On the other hand, like I said before, the car's not actually on the block break, just before them and that I read a report saying that the actual vows were done at the bottom and the vicar/priest got of then due to fear of heights.

Been playing detective with all these photos, and when I looked at the photos from www.thorpeparkguide.com, there appears to be a lighter coloured box which is attached to the blades on the headchopper.See here: Courtesy of Thorpe Park GuideBy luck, could this be a motor of some sort to spin the blades?Just a guess, but I may be onto something. :(EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that the box also has doors - perhaps for maintenance of the motor? I don't know. You can see it better here: Courtesy of Thorpe Park Guide

Yeh, I think they will spin too. Tbh it looks great really well themed.Going back to that age old arguement, sorry if this is already posted, but...

The ride will have an age recomendation of 12 years old.However I am not sure how reliable this is? Your thoughts...

You could be right there Matt, but IMO they wont be allowed to spin. Who Knows

I believe it's the windmill that is not allowed to spin (which will be near the entrance to the ride) nothing says the blades for the headchopper can't spin.Sorry to go off current conversation but can anyone confirm that the ride goes into a trench after the final inversion?I heard it in some forum a while back, and as I was looking back at all the construction photos I can get my eye on and I couldn't find pictures showing the specific element of the track. (Including official Thorpe Park images)I hope a final 'surprise' happens here, as this portion seems to be the only segment of track not photographed or mentioned

Go on the previous page and look at TPDan's post with the pictures. Near the bottom of the post you'll find, round about, where the queue entrance.The entrance to the island will be next to Samurai. By 2010, there'll be another entrance going undernesth Colossus' inline twists.

Thanks

Also, next to the box with the doors(if you look closely enough) yuo can see a small box with a red turning thing this could be somthing for it as-well.I hope it does spin, it would make a good extra screamy kick to it.

I see it! It looks suspiciously like an E-Stop button! The only other thing I consider that box to be, would be a television screen in the inside so while waiting you can see your video or something. I doubt it thought, seeing as most television screens these days are flatscreen.

Anyone know, is the indoor section actually divided by walls and themed, or just a big dark empty space, a la X:/nwo?Also that Colossus path looks like it could open by mid season!? Once it's flattened paving doesn't take long at all surely?Building looks a lot better close up & from ground level than it does in all the 'across-lake' photos, much less box like :(

Anyone know, is the indoor section actually divided by walls and themed, or just a big dark empty space, a la X:/nwo?Also that Colossus path looks like it could open by mid season!? Once it's flattened paving doesn't take long at all surely?Building looks a lot better close up & from ground level than it does in all the 'across-lake' photos, much less box like :(

The path should be ready by March 14th in time for Saws opening.

Anyone know, is the indoor section actually divided by walls and themed, or just a big dark empty space, a la X:/nwo?Also that Colossus path looks like it could open by mid season!? Once it's flattened paving doesn't take long at all surely?Building looks a lot better close up & from ground level than it does in all the 'across-lake' photos, much less box like ;)

If you look at the images on the saw website, if you go from the station, there is a LOAD of theming, it's not like the budget will stop at the start fo the ride, if anything it will be better, as it's going to be the area where most will get scared out of their minds, uncontrolling of the situation, compared to the walkthrough to the trains