Vortex

Lewie900

Doesn't sound good, Vortex is normally pretty reliable. Saw a picture of them working on restraints a couple of days ago so it looks like it's got multiple issues.

While you were on park today, did you see the current state of Detty? Heard its in pieces.

• 3 months later...

Like Samurai, Vortex is now sharing a single rider queue with the fastrack queueline. I unfortunately didn't notice if any other rides are adopting the same policy.

This can be only be a good sign for the park and hopefully means that one by one, each ride will gain a dedicated single rider queueline to increase throughput.

Surely a SRQ on Vortex is a little pointless as there's never going to be more than 1 single rider per ride cycle?  Fair enough on the likes of Samurai where a single rider always gets on with every group of 4, Rush which has 4 rows so more chances for a spare seat or Detonator which runs cycles more often (though again, at most 1 SR per cycle).

People don't like sitting next to other people so often you end up with a few sets of 4 with only 3 people or sometimes even a selfish 2 sit in the middle creating 2 empty seats. However they shouldn't add a single rider queue. I'm certain 98% of the time it slows down loading. Very few exceptions like samurai where it works.

Great idea! Always loads of empty seats on Vortex. I could also see it working well on Rush and hopefully they can bring it back on Stealth as well. Hopefully next years ride will see a single rider queue as well.

People don't like sitting next to other people so often you end up with a few sets of 4 with only 3 people or sometimes even a selfish 2 sit in the middle creating 2 empty seats. However they shouldn't add a single rider queue. I'm certain 98% of the time it slows down loading. Very few exceptions like samurai where it works.

I don't understand how this will slow down loading? Single riders will be in the batching area with everyone else? 

I read a post on Facebook only earlier today which was someone asking what rides have SQR. Thorpe answered, Samurai, Vortex, Rush, Detonator and Quantum. However this has since been removed suggesting it's not officially ready for the rest.

I saw that as well, however I saw Flying fish as well! 

Samurai, Vortex and Rush I can see working very well.

Quantum and Flying Fish I find very strange additions as they aren't rides people tend to ride on there own, as they are less thrilling. Also, they rarely get a queue anyway. 

Detonator is a good idea as there tends to be empty seats quite a lot, but unless theres 2 hosts I can see it slowing down operations as it isn't batched while the ride is in operation. It'll be interesting to see how it works on Detty anyway.

SRQs are a good move so long as they can be handled properly.  The trouble with many of Thorpe's queues is that it makes it difficult to have a SRQ that works efficiently and doesn't hamper operations.  

Having SRQ on filler rides is fine (especially if they're testing popularity for them to be installed on future additions), but I can't see SRQ going onto any of the major coasters any time soon without some relatively big queue line changes.

Even If it did go onto the bigger coasters, by then they would probably have nailed the system but it would be a lot more effective on saw and nemesis inferno then on Colossus, Swarm and Stealth because they have four-abreast seating and the others only have two and I find seem to normally have the seats full all the time as it is....

• 3 weeks later...

Vortex has ran so well the 4 days ive been here! tonight was awesome! the two ride ops working were really funny and the person controlling it tried to get my seat to go top swing and nearly everytime it did and also on the last ride he asked what music should be played and I shouted ride theme and it got played yessss!!! Vortex is a truly awesome ride and deserves more love :) 

Vortex has ran so well the 4 days ive been here! tonight was awesome! the two ride ops working were really funny and the person controlling it tried to get my seat to go top swing and nearly everytime it did and also on the last ride he asked what music should be played and I shouted ride theme and it got played yessss!!! Vortex is a truly awesome ride and deserves more love :)

Yep, it is an absolutely awesome ride, one of my favourites!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure vortex is an automatic cycle so the fact that you were achieving the top side will be complete luck as a ride operator cannot change or modify the cycle set by the engineers.

I'm pretty sure vortex is an automatic cycle so the fact that you were achieving the top side will be complete luck as a ride operator cannot change or modify the cycle set by the engineers.

The ride op can choose when to make the ride start swinging once the ride is spinning at top speed so if they time it correct they can choose who gets top swing