Jobs..

Marc

:( I'm enjoying my job so much! :(Even though it's cleaning out the cat chalets, just being around cats makes it much nicer (even the grumpy ones!) and knowing that I'm making a difference, making everything clean and comfortable for them, is great. And even though the cleaning routine itself is the same, it's different with each one. Some only have one cat, some have 2-3, some don't make too much mess, others are very messy and even manage to spill cat biscuits all over the floor :( And even in their beds...even though the food is on the floor and their beds are higher up...cats never fail to amuse me -_-

:( I'm enjoying my job so much! :(Even though it's cleaning out the cat chalets, just being around cats makes it much nicer (even the grumpy ones!) and knowing that I'm making a difference, making everything clean and comfortable for them, is great. And even though the cleaning routine itself is the same, it's different with each one. Some only have one cat, some have 2-3, some don't make too much mess, others are very messy and even manage to spill cat biscuits all over the floor :( And even in their beds...even though the food is on the floor and their beds are higher up...cats never fail to amuse me -_-

That sounds so awesome ^.^ At my work all I do is pretty much clean but I love it because it's the whole point of building up experience of being in a like a clinical place and dealing with animals/people. Sometimes I get to walk the dogs which is so fun until they poop/wee everywhere and I'm like :/ oh no. Poop bags please. The cats manage to kick all their urine soaked cat litter onto the floor so when it comes to sweeping/mopping up I'm like great, I'm loving these pee smelling presents guys :(

You guys are so lucky to have jobs. I took the 'wait til after exams' approach which has now proven the worst idea. The McDonalds application was going really well until the store manager told me that the shifts she needs covered I can't legally work because they're too late for under 18s. She was trying to get older staff to switch so she could employ under 18s but no word on that as of yet.Pretty much every store I can think of have no vacancies. Outstanding applications: McDonalds, Hobbs (which was surprisingly on the student jobs website), Pizza Hut (at two restaurants) and Primark. Hurr. That's out of way more than 50 different places. Oh dear. -_- The Primark online application was a joke though, haha. They had a section of 15 multiple choice questions that basically helped them identify whether or not your IQ is above 10.Anyone have any suggestions other than street entertainment or prostitution? :(

I applied for the Mcdonalds in Guildford Friary. Arrived for my interview today and they decided to turn me and a least 10 others away because they had too many people for interview. They are going to contact me soon.They are so very well organised.. =/

I applied for the Mcdonalds in Guildford Friary. Arrived for my interview today and they decided to turn me and a least 10 others away because they had too many people for interview. They are going to contact me soon.They are so very well organised.. =/

McDonalds hire under 16's? -_-

• 3 months later...

Well done guys! :(I had a group interview with Waitrose yesterday that lasted 3 and a half hours. Anxiously waiting for a response now D:

Oh my god, how many were there?! Every partnership interview I've had has only lasted an hour.Still, hope you get it, Waitrose is an excellent place to work. :(

Oh my god, how many were there?! Every partnership interview I've had has only lasted an hour.Still, hope you get it, Waitrose is an excellent place to work. :(

Thanks :( There were 8 of us, is that a big group? Here's what we did: Ice breaker games, personal presentation (12 questions), discussion on Waitrose and their beliefs, customer service task, tour, sales pitch in pairs (ours was red lentils :(), discussion on working at Waitrose and then a one to one interview.Oh oh oh and I GOT THE JOB! :(