Phantasialand

Cringle

This isn't strictly about the park, but might be an interesting talking point. 

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/5558/Looopings-niet-welkom-bij-opening-nieuwe-achtbanen-Phantasialand.html

Phantasialand have banned Loopings.nl from attending the preview event of Klugheim, because of two 'negative' articles they've posted and not taken down.  Phantasialand have been known in the past to be very strict when it comes to enthusiast communities, and one does have to wonder why at times.

18 minutes ago, Benin said:

After Phantafriends.de, its a very weird situation that the park seem intent on causing problems with fanboys...

Any idea on the articles that caused the rage?

I believe it was the one about the demolition of Atlantis (not being in a good positive light) and something about Adele saying something about management or something. 

Thats what the linked articles in the article suggest anyway. 

They've never got on with theme park groups to be honest, when I went with the ECC in 2006, we weren't allowed any extra ride times and they restricted our time on park too.

They seem incredibly strict with their park, especially compared to Europa Park who bend over backwards to give theme park enthusiasts exclusives.

In Phantasia's defence, the park is still wonderful to visit as a guest, and I'm sure 95% of the park's visitors don't really care about how strict they are when it comes to what online communities are posting.  And when there are enthusiasts going to the park with screwdrivers to unlock the peepholes into Klugheim (which I believe were shut off at the beginning of the year?), you can see why they are sometimes not fond of the enthusiasts.

But at the same time, I can't think of any park which is so obtuse when it comes to enthusiasts - people who love the parks the most.  The lengths at which they go to to stop / discourage them doing something they don't like is mind boggling in some ways.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't really matter.  People will still visit the park and love it, and enthusiasts will still go, lap up Klugheim and the rest of the park and all will be well.  But it's just one of those weird, and sad, things I guess.

9 hours ago, ben199 said:

How is that second article negative? The first line is that they're making enhancements!

Really bad move from the park for doing this, I'm glad they've been called out on it.

By looks of things it was because it "showed the park in a bad light"... Imagine if Towers did that this year... Or if Thorpe took exception to pics of Loggers...

Didn't realise Mark, wonder what TPR would make of that, since half of their opinions if a park is based on how much ERT they get...

6 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Why can't the UK build coasters like this?  It looks great fun and actually lasts for more than a minute unlike most new coasters we see over here.

Because they are not Phantasialand unfortunately. 

What an amazing looking beast though. Theming, soundtrack, landscaping, immersion and that's before I talk about the impressive layout of this ride despite no inversions. 

This ride could well knock Helix from my number.1 in September.

10 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

What's the storyline behind Klugheim? Do we know?

No idea. It seemed more like a well themed rollercoaster then one with a story.

It's a good ride by the way. Definitely better once its warmed up through the day, it has some of the best ejector air time I've ever encountered. Nice head choppers, lots of dizzying moments, the restraints are excellent. Dare I say it better then the Mack equivalent. Only thing that lets it down is there's only two or three outstanding moments. It's so pacy that a lot of it just becomes a blur instead of well defined. When the giant cattlemen isn't used the full queue holds about 35 minutes of queue.

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

I'm very glad rides like this exist though and that theme parks are no longer just reaching for the stars and just creating intricate, well crafted rollercoasters. It's one of Intamins better rides, thats for sure and just looks greats with trains zipping too and fro every few seconds.

It runs 4 trains as well at full capacity, which I presume will end up in Wodan levels of constant moving in the queue...

Tonnes of airtime and throwing around, the second launch is also a standout moment as it zooms above the waterfall...

By no means perfect, Mr 9 has summed it up nicely, though some will definitely like the constant relentlessness of it a lot more... Sometimes you need breaking up or just moments to compose yourself (like Nemesis) to make those moments stand out even more...

Taron is a good ride. 

There's little special about it, it has some questionable pacing and dragging elements, however the moments that it has of sideways ejector, air time and intense speed massively outweighs any negatives. The ride is efficient, a very generous length and has some intensity I have never experienced on a steel coaster before and is really only comparable to the likes of woodie elements. Klugheim is the best themed area I have ever visited, and Taron and Raik complete the parks ride lineup in style. I've only just left the park and I'm dying to go back.

4.5/10.