Paultons Park

Rich

Paultons is a lovely park and if I don't get a chance to go this year as well as next I will definitely be there next year :)  Last visit was 2 years ago and it is always a nice day out.  Although Peppa Pig annoys me, the theming in that area is amazing and is clearly extremely popular.  Seems like they just keep improving - keep going in that direction Paultons!

I would say this is on a par if not slightly better than most of Merlin's theming additions.

Faint praise indeed. It is miles better than anything comparable that Merlin have thrown together in a good while. In concept, in design and in execution.

It seems what they did with Peppa Pig has shown them that going for quality, rather than making a quick buck from the underlying IP with a shabby offering, gives long term results. Obviously the IP got the kiddies there in the first place, but it was the excellence of what they had done with it that has got them returning again and again and got the word spreading. Now they have the confidence to do the same for the slightly older market without feeling the need for the IP draw to kick it all off. It's a win for everyone, especially the guests.

Even before Peppa Pig, the park has strived forwards confidently. Cobra and The Edge aren't themed exactly but the confidence the park showed when installing those rides shows that they know their target audience perfectly. It's a really under-rated place and I'd put them safely as my number one UK park just for their sheer competence.

Ah Paultons  :wub:

Such an epic little park! Can't wait for this, and it's a park that constantly invests to pull in guests and even with the smallest of investments (new entrance and Carousel last year) they do them so spectacularly that people want to visit! It's how to successfully run a park and I'm so glad they get the visitor numbers they do (over a million a year I hear).

Are we getting a vehicle buggy type ride through the dinosaurs as well as the two (although the poster has like 6 different coaster types on) coasters? If so yay! Go Paultons! 

Oh, and Critter Creek looks fab and colourful for what was quite a outdated looking area next to Peppa! They could so easily just expand Peppa Pig World but they choose not to, good on them! Get creative and go crazy!

• 2 months later...

They need at least one or two more rides that goes up-side-down, something like Colossus or Inferno, in addition to what they're planning.

From what I remember on our trip there last year, they have about five what I'd call 'adult' rides, something that is like Kobra at Chessington, a drop tower, their 'Cobra' which although great is little more than Rattlesnake on steroids, a small water ride similar to loggers leap but on a much smaller footprint, and a Thorpe style depth charge water slide.

Other then that, the remainder of the site is dedicated to children's rides, don't get me wrong it's a great park, but they could do with one or two 'extreme' rides just to make it the full package.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they went for something towards the "Family-Thrill" end of the market...

Gerst or Mack steel coaster, or even a GCI or GG wooden... All options would fit the park...

If Plopsa, a park with a similar market to Paultons can build Anubis and a wooden coaster, then so could Paultons (as long as they get the proper permission this time)...

One things for certain, I think Paultons to an extent will be over taking Chessington next year (at least with the park's current state), it's already ahead of Legoland.

I think this is the biggest investment at the park as far as I'm aware and should hopefully be a big success (I don't know whether I'm more excited about this or thorpe's dark ride ATM).

LOL oh yes, don't forget to apply for planning consent next time Mr Paultons otherwise Mr Rhinoceros will not be pleased at having to tear down his work, oink.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson from a few years ago when it looked like Edge was going to be pulled down, however this shouldn't be a problem here since it's built on land previously occupied by former attractions.

I really want paultons to succeed, especially as they are my local park. With these two new rides, the park will have 6 coasters, (Cat-O-Pillar, Cobra, Flying Frog, Edge and the two dino ones), giving it more than chessington, plus it has peppa pig world. These will certainly be an excellent investment by the park.

Agreed, Paultons seems to have made a lot of good decisions in recent years, and two new coasters in one year is amazing! However, I don't think that Edge is classed as a coaster, it's a flat ride I think (but someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think it's been mentioned, but there is a minisite for Lost Kingdom - https://paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kingdom/.  It features a new trailer for the area, and there's also a game which can be downloaded onto phones to win stuff.

There's also an aerial view of the concept art:
lost-kingdom-project-map.jpg

As well as the new coasters, the land also includes:

-Boulder Dash; a Zamperla Demolition Derby (the the left of the helix of Flight of the Pterodactyl).
-The Dinosaur Tour Co; a safari-style ride to see dinosaurs (top of the picture)
-Temple Heights; which sounds like a Frog Hopper (top left of the picture)
-Dino Chase; "A prehistoric junior roller coaster, perfect for young adventurers who love dinosaurs." (Retheme of an existing ride?  I don't know enough about Paultons to know to be honest)

-A Dinosaur Show

-A dinosaur play area.

This all sounds really exciting for Paultons, and I really hope that this investment works out for them.  They're certainly pressing all the right buttons so far!

On the game if you are one of the top 3 scorers at the end of the day you get free passes for the preview event next march. Ive got my tickets yay. Really looking forward to it. I'm a big kid really but as paultons is my local park it is exciting to see the changes it is going through

On the game if you are one of the top 3 scorers at the end of the day you get free passes for the preview event next march. Ive got my tickets yay. Really looking forward to it. I'm a big kid really but as paultons is my local park it is exciting to see the changes it is going through

I just played it for the first time and thought I'd done really well. I scored 234,000ish and then looked at the leaderboard and saw in third place was 2,818,200. I clearly stand no chance haha. Since that game I have been scoring lower each time!

• 4 weeks later...

Onsite preparations are going ahead now at the park

11659360_1640434042909510_71080302857513

I don't know whether I'm more excited about this or Thorpe's new dark ride when it comes to the 2016 UK additions, however it'll definitely be the best year for new rides for a while and potentially be the biggest rival addition to Merlin yet (exciting times).

Source-Vekoma

I remember when Paultons was the park that sat on the side watching other parks invest!

I've got huge respect for them for getting themselves in a position when they can invest as well as this, it just shows how a series of successful investments (Cobra, Edge and Peppa Pig world) can make a huge change on these smaller parks.

Ah, that's where it's going. In my mind it was going in the trees to the rear left of that pic, just because there's dinosaurs there already! 

So we've lost the astroglide, a play area and that little kiddie train thing? As much as I love an astroglide that seems lie a fair swap!